Best Luxury Hotel in Munich?

Old Nov 4, 18, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Best Luxury Hotel in Munich?

Have previously stayed at the Kempinski. How does it stack up to the Mandarin? Are the rooms at the Mandarin pint sized? Any new entrants in the top hotel race? Thanks! This is for Dec.
Old Nov 4, 18, 2:13 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
Any new entrants in the top hotel race?
Not before 2021/ 2022.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Nov 4, 18, 2:37 pm

There is a lengthy thread about this, quite up to date as well. Your best bet currently is still MO, closely followed bei either Charles or Kempinski, depending on your taste. The latter is, despite renovations, still a bit dusty and pretentious. I wonder if Amanda will be able to raise standards at MO and work on their hospitality, but they are already leading the market (if you can forgive a few caprices along the way).
Old Nov 4, 18, 4:28 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion; SPG Plat
My wife and I were at the Charles last week and loved it. We had an Executive Suite with tons of natural light and beautiful wide open views of the botanical gardens, a few picturesque buildings on the far side of the park and then the mountains in the distance. Excellent service, beautiful spa with great steam room and heated tiled reclining loungers. All for the same cost as a fairly small and dark entry-level room at the MO. And conveniently located to walk into town and to museums.
deer likes this.
Old Nov 5, 18, 5:53 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Mandarin Oriental is the best hotel in Munich IMO. The breakfast is fantastic and service was attentive. Charles is a very nice hotel as well ( and cheaper ) but a bit more spartan in the decor.
Old Nov 5, 18, 7:46 am
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BENLEE View Post
Mandarin Oriental is the best hotel in Munich IMO.
Depends on your preference in my eyes. Some would disagree and always prefer the Charles.
Old Nov 5, 18, 7:50 am

-- --

Last edited by QPRfan; Nov 6, 18 at 1:35 pm

Search this Thread