Luxury Hotels of Abu Dhabi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels of Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
I personally did not like the RC at all. Stayed there five nights on New Years 2018 and did not like the experience. The rooms were fine, property was looking good. However service was terrible and their food was mediocre at best. I can still remember calling the lobby on different occasions and not getting anyone to answer. Also remember having to search for a waiter after waiting for half an hour beach side. It was a very busy time but that should never be an excuse.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:47 am

Recently had two more wonderful stays at FS Abu Dhabi. I greatly enjoy this property (Exec Suite or higher is the way to go), and have found the service every time to be warm, gracious, and thoughtful.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aa213bb
Recently had two more wonderful stays at FS Abu Dhabi. I greatly enjoy this property (Exec Suite or higher is the way to go), and have found the service every time to be warm, gracious, and thoughtful.
Best city hotel in Abu Dhabi.
vuittonsofstyle and Fly_IAD like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aa213bb
Originally Posted by Aventine
Best city hotel in Abu Dhabi.
I want to try the FS Abu Dhabi but something always pulls me back to the Rosewood. Perhaps because its seems like the best value luxury I've ever found. Yes, the decor is different/darker but the suite's with Manor Club access are such an incredible value. I have never checked out the pool at the 4S, how does it compare to the Rosewood in terms of size, shaded areas, or service (if they even have service in the unbearable summer months as I cant recall of Rosewood does)? I have to be in AUH for a few days for business and want to try something new and a priority is a nice pool in the evenings. Thanks in advance from IAD!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
I want to try the FS Abu Dhabi but something always pulls me back to the Rosewood. Perhaps because its seems like the best value luxury I've ever found. Yes, the decor is different/darker but the suite's with Manor Club access are such an incredible value. I have never checked out the pool at the 4S, how does it compare to the Rosewood in terms of size, shaded areas, or service (if they even have service in the unbearable summer months as I cant recall of Rosewood does)? I have to be in AUH for a few days for business and want to try something new and a priority is a nice pool in the evenings. Thanks in advance from IAD!
Having stayed at both, Four Seasons wins hands down on every level. The FS pool in the evening is great, as there is a casual Asian alfresco restaurant there and a Bar, so the vibe is excellent. I find Rosewood incredibly sterile and the food is not a patch on FS.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Having stayed at both, Four Seasons wins hands down on every level. The FS pool in the evening is great, as there is a casual Asian alfresco restaurant there and a Bar, so the vibe is excellent. I find Rosewood incredibly sterile and the food is not a patch on FS.
Detest the interiors at Rosewood. Definitely not for my age range.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:31 pm

I like both, but I am almost certain that the Rosewood pool is closed for renovation this summer - so better use the FS.
In general, however, the Rosewood pool terrace is quite a bit larger and has a better layout than the FS.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NikonDuser
I like both, but I am almost certain that the Rosewood pool is closed for renovation this summer - so better use the FS.
In general, however, the Rosewood pool terrace is quite a bit larger and has a better layout than the FS.
Thanks, I did have the sense from walking through part of the 4S to eat that the pool was smaller and had no tree features. I emailed the Rosewood and they insist the pool is open as usual but it makes me nervous to hear what you report as I have had experiences with other higher end hotels not being straightforward about maintenance, building etc in the past
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Originally Posted by Aventine
Detest the interiors at Rosewood. Definitely not for my age range.
Very good to know, let me ask though, when you say the pool is great in the evening do you mean for swimming or sitting around while eating. That is not the vibe I like as I like to use the pool for swimming and dont enjoy being surrounded by a restaurant vs a pool terrace.

Also curious, what is your age range Aventine in terms of the vibe not being suited for it?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very good to know, let me ask though, when you say the pool is great in the evening do you mean for swimming or sitting around while eating. That is not the vibe I like as I like to use the pool for swimming and dont enjoy being surrounded by a restaurant vs a pool terrace.

Also curious, what is your age range Aventine in terms of the vibe not being suited for it?
It's a lot of shiny wood surfaces and gold. I'm in my early 30s and find it not too appealing. Photos were taken last July.

Last edited by Aventine; Jun 14, 2019 at 9:36 pm
Old Jun 15, 2019, 4:03 am

Should also quickly add ... when visiting FS AD, if you are at all interested in the hotel’s art - which I very much am - the front desk has a map/guide for all of the art in the hotel. It’s almost like a scavenger hunt.
Fly_IAD likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 5:58 am
Suspended

Just as an FYI. I emailed and tweeted both FS Abu Dhabi and Rosewood Abu Dhabi to check if their pools were open as usual over the next couple months and this was confirmed (Hopefully especially in Rosewood's case thats accurate) and the hours for RW 6AM-8PM and FS 8AM-8PM.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:00 am
Suspended

Incidentally does anyone have a favorite hotel pool in Abu Dhabi? was eying the Fairmont not because the property itself looks incredible but because I had the sense the pool had terrific views of the mosque but would appreciate input if anyone has experience. I went to the RC once for a meeting and that just seemed to much of a monstrosity so even though the pool appeared to have great views it was too busy! Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Incidentally does anyone have a favorite hotel pool in Abu Dhabi? was eying the Fairmont not because the property itself looks incredible but because I had the sense the pool had terrific views of the mosque but would appreciate input if anyone has experience. I went to the RC once for a meeting and that just seemed to much of a monstrosity so even though the pool appeared to have great views it was too busy! Thanks in advance.
PH has a nice pool. All the hotels will be busy with staycationers AND foreign guests.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:12 am

I agree with the thoughts on the park hyatt pool. Also, St Regis Saadiyat as well as the new Jumeirah Saadiyat have nice pools.
From now until late September they won’t be too busy, occupancy in Abu Dhabi over the summer months is pretty low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.