Luxury Hotels of Abu Dhabi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels of Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Four Seasons Abu Dhabi

Stay Report - 12/26 to 12/27

Location: The hotel is located on Al Maryah Island along with the Cleveland Clinic and across the street from the impressive Galleria Mall (and nearby Rosewood). It's a good location to be in as it's easily drivable to anything you want to see. Ubers are easy to get in Abu Dhabi and very cheap too. You can walk places too if you wish.

Hotel: Really impressive. It's four years old and all modern design and construction. The top 20 or so floors are residences though so don't expect spectacular views. The lobby is lovely and has a bar as well as a nice dessert restaurant with amazing food. Downstairs are an Italian restaurant, steakhouse, sushi place and Mexican place. There's a small outdoor pool and fitness center and spa on the 3rd floor and the pool has its own bar.

Check In: Before you can get to check in you have to show your ALHOSN app or proof of vaccination. Check In was handled well by friendly staff who gave me a letter laying out my FHR benefits. All staff here are great in fact.

Room: We had a King room on the 5th floor which was very nice. Large, comfortable bed with six pillows (this is a big deal for me, I like lots of pillows), electronic controls for everything in the room, nice desk area, huge bathroom with large tub, big shower and bidet. Wifi worked very well and soundproofing was great too.

Dining: The pool bar was a lot of fun and service there was great. Dinner at Butcher & Still was excellent as well. Our FHR Rate included breakfast which was served on the 1st Floor. It was a pretty good though not great buffet which featured eggs to order, pancakes, waffles, some Middle Eastern options and some meat and cheeses along with yogurt and cereal. There were also ala carte options.

Dessert Restaurant

Breakfast

Overall a great option and a great stay.
francophile likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:03 am

It seems that Emirates Palace has started introducing the renovated rooms and suites into the inventory - March onwards seem to have more or less the full range available. I believe it's the East Wing which is being renovated currently, with the West Wing to follow.

The only trouble is cost. The renovated rooms cost 50%+ more than the old rooms, which are a horrible time machine to the 90s and clearly not fit for purpose right now. I booked a night last summer just out of curiosity and thought that even the service was quite poor.

Some might associate all the wasted space in the common areas and never-ending gold paint with luxury, but it's the sort of thing which really puts me off the place. Given that the hotel was not exactly on the top of my list to begin with, I'm not going to be rushing to pay $1k per night when literally every other hotel in the city is about 30% of the cost.
scented likes this.

Last edited by stargold; Jan 5, 2022 at 5:12 am
Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Originally Posted by stargold
It seems that Emirates Palace has started introducing the renovated rooms and suites into the inventory - March onwards seem to have more or less the full range available. I believe it's the East Wing which is being renovated currently, with the West Wing to follow.

The only trouble is cost. The renovated rooms cost 50%+ more than the old rooms, which are a horrible time machine to the 90s and clearly not fit for purpose right now. I booked a night last summer just out of curiosity and thought that even the service was quite poor.

Some might associate all the wasted space in the common areas and never-ending gold paint with luxury, but it's the sort of thing which really puts me off the place. Given that the hotel was not exactly on the top of my list to begin with, I'm not going to be rushing to pay $1k per night when literally every other hotel in the city is about 30% of the cost.
Agreed. It was always a place for me that is interesting to explore for an hour or so, but doesn’t seem inviting to actually stay there.

The Edition was a really pleasant surprise, had a great time there and it’s my favorite AUH city hotel now along with the FS.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
The upgraded rooms on their website look nice and more of the era but $1k++ is just silly town for Abu Dhabi outside of F1. Tons of equally good if not better places that others have pointed out, both StR, FS, Rosewood, Edition and Saadiyat hotels
Old Jan 8, 2022, 2:09 am

I think that over time, average daily rates all over Abu Dhabi might increase to be closer to those of Dubai. While this is far off and currently not justified, they are working on it. Eventually there will be a train linking Abu Dhabi to Dubai and the station for this is where FS is located, from what I gather. This connection might bring up rates at FS dramatically.

Regarding MO, the rooms look much better -- a "sunshine version" of MO Hyde Park rooms. I agree that I wonder who is paying 1K$ for them.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 1:20 pm

Going to AUH with family. Would like something near the beach - anyone have clear cut recommendations? I've been thinking Park Hyatt, St. Regis Saadiyat or Jumeirah - any one better than the others for any particular reason? Or is there a city hotel that blows all out of the water? This would be in March 2022
Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by deltatrav
Going to AUH with family. Would like something near the beach - anyone have clear cut recommendations? I've been thinking Park Hyatt, St. Regis Saadiyat or Jumeirah - any one better than the others for any particular reason? Or is there a city hotel that blows all out of the water? This would be in March 2022
PH has the Hyatt kids club and several kids friendly pools but I find F&B at the St. Regis to be of a higher standard. None of the city hotels come even close to beating the white sand and blue waters of Saadiyat.

Last edited by Aventine; Feb 10, 2022 at 4:19 am
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:58 am

Thank you so much. it's actually a no-kids trip (but we love beach) - 30s, 70s and 90s are the age groups! ha. Any ideas for best nightlife activities for 30s? specific areas etc
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
The St. Regis is IMO the best resort on Saadiyat. PH lacks charm and I found the service mediocre. Not to mention that the F&B options are still quite limited.
scented likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by CanaryWharf
The St. Regis is IMO the best resort on Saadiyat. PH lacks charm and I found the service mediocre. Not to mention that the F&B options are still quite limited.
Park Hyatt AUH reminds me of an airport. It's huge, cold and sterile. Service was always amateurish, but I haven't been back in years -- maybe they improved. All beaches on Saadiyat are world class.
CanaryWharf likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by deltatrav
Thank you so much. it's actually a no-kids trip (but we love beach) - 30s, 70s and 90s are the age groups! ha. Any ideas for best nightlife activities for 30s? specific areas etc
The St. Regis bar is always nice to try all their various signature Bloody Marys from around the world.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 5:45 am

Interesting opinions here.
The Park Hyatt is MUCH smaller than the St Regis. I personally prefer it to the St Regis.
Since the group isn’t traveling with kids, I would actually recommend the PH. The St Regis is very often extremely full and with lots of kids. The beach quality is the same across all Saadiyat hotels.
Jumeirah’s rooms are very nice, but service at the pool was literally non-existent when we were there.
As in terms of “nightlife”, that’s really happening at Saadiyat beach club, but of course in terms of outlets - St Regis has a bigger selection.
All properties can be easily reached within 5 minutes, so it’s not hard to pop over for a different meal.
Also, nearby is the new Mamsha Al Saadiyat residential development with lots of good restaurants, including liquor licenses and it’s a really active area at night.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by stargold

Just completed a three-night stay in a renovated Deluxe city view room. Apologies for the limited photos. Overall, I found the renovation to be a mixed bag.

Good - The bed, lighting, sofa, and table.
Okay - The bathroom: The rainshower was excellent as were the large refilled Diptyque toiletries. I didn't like the toilet without a privacy wall.
Bad - The lighting controls were messy, I guess they didn't update those. The wardrobe and minibar looked cheap for a palace hotel.

I am reserving my comments on the service which was mostly inconsistent as they are still going through the transition. The plan is to complete the rebranding exercise by October.

francophile and reigndrop like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.