Reload this Page >

What to combine with Maldives

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to combine with Maldives

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:34 am

We split 4 nights - Dubai/Al Maha and enjoyed it. Our travel style is probably a bit more hit and run than that of many others, but it was a good blend and we loved Al Maha. On the way home, we stopped in Doha (4S) because we had never been there and wanted to see it to aid in our decision about whether or not we
will go to the World Cup there in 2022. Nope.

Given limited time, we opted to spend most of our time in the Maldives and not tackle any destinations that could be stand alone vacations such as Sri Lanka.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:31 am
Suspended

I visited Dubai -> Maldives and that was really great, mainly because they are stark opposite destinations. The chic buzz of Dubai juxtaposed against the calm azure waters of the Maldives - it was a great mix. Sri Lanka is also a great choice, if you head to Ella please don't miss 98 Acres, it's so beautiful and surrounded with hiking opportunities.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Sopho
I visited Dubai -> Maldives and that was really great, mainly because they are stark opposite destinations. The chic buzz of Dubai juxtaposed against the calm azure waters of the Maldives - it was a great mix. Sri Lanka is also a great choice, if you head to Ella please don't miss 98 Acres, it's so beautiful and surrounded with hiking opportunities.
Your post reinforces it is really all about what you are looking for. I found Dubai soulless and depressing and I have no desire to go back. Sri Lanka is amazing. But either work well before the Maldives. Different strokes for different folks.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:28 am

Did a "do it yourself" Sri Lanka and Maldives combo myself, and was very pleased with it. In my opinion, it's quite a good combination especially if you're a bit of a seasoned traveller (Sri Lanka isn't THAT easy unless you do an "all-arranged" tour which I personally dislike)
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
We did 5 nights at the Four Seasons in Hong Kong on our way to the Maldives where we spent 4 nights each at both Four Seasons properties there. This was in July. We enjoyed it. It was our first time to the Maldives.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:08 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by sportsguymichael
We did 5 nights at the Four Seasons in Hong Kong on our way to the Maldives where we spent 4 nights each at both Four Seasons properties there. This was in July. We enjoyed it. It was our first time to the Maldives.
Was just at FS Jumeirah Beach Dubai - good combo possibly with Maldives, and have a chat with the team on doing something special for doing two or all three Four Seasons (Jumeirah + one of LG/KH).
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tygran37
Question on Al Maha for you guys... I'm flying through AUH so will have to get to/from Al Maha from there. Looks like I can arrange transport through the hotel.

If my flight doesn't arrive until late on a Friday.. would you go ahead and book the first night at Al Maha and just not arrive till ~1:00 AM or later or would you stay near the airport and leave early next morning?
if i were you, i would not spend over $1000 to arrive hotel a few hour early (1am vs 10/11am). you probably going to miss the morning activity anyway (it starts around sunrise time), might as well be there second day noon time for lunch and then sunset activities

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.