Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Odd (Balmoral hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Odd (Balmoral hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:59 am

I stayed at the Glasshouse about five years ago. Booked a last minute deal and somehow ended up in a suite. Modern hard product, large, well laid out rooms, and great bathroom. If memory serves, good location too. Can't really speak to service levels. Liked it much more than the Sheraton (although that was probably 15 years ago).
richarddd and bhrubin like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by boolean64
I stayed at the Glasshouse about five years ago. Booked a last minute deal and somehow ended up in a suite. Modern hard product, large, well laid out rooms, and great bathroom. If memory serves, good location too. Can't really speak to service levels. Liked it much more than the Sheraton (although that was probably 15 years ago).
Was the room quiet? How was breakfast?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO; DL GLD
Originally Posted by richarddd
Where can you find layout maps? All I can find are floor plans for conference rooms.

The Caledonian seems even less liked around here, although their rates are much more reasonable. For example, Balmoral or Caledonian for Edinburgh?
When you select a room to view at https://www.roccofortehotels.com/hot...ms-and-suites/ scroll down for the room description and on the left hand side under the "Room Size" banner below the square footage it will say "view xxxx floor plan here" if it is available for that category room.

https://www.roccofortehotels.com/med...-Suite-web.jpg
richarddd likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:56 pm

Was the room quiet? How was breakfast?
I don't remember the room being noisy. I did not have breakfast.
richarddd likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Kent
When you select a room to view at https://www.roccofortehotels.com/hot...ms-and-suites/ scroll down for the room description and on the left hand side under the "Room Size" banner below the square footage it will say "view xxxx floor plan here" if it is available for that category room.

https://www.roccofortehotels.com/med...-Suite-web.jpg
Aha - I was looking at rooms without floor plans.

The Deluxe Suite (aka Castle View Suite) is not a layout I'd want.
=========
Out of idle curiosity, I wonder how one becomes a Sotheby's Preferred Member: "Sotheby's Preferred Introductory offer

"Exclusive offer for Sotheby's Private Members which includes a free night when you stay for 3 nights or more."

Last edited by richarddd; Jun 11, 2019 at 5:26 pm
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:58 am

Aha - I was looking at rooms without floor plans.

The Deluxe Suite (aka Castle View Suite) is not a layout I'd want.
=========
Out of idle curiosity, I wonder how one becomes a Sotheby's Preferred Member: "Sotheby's Preferred Introductory offer

"Exclusive offer for Sotheby's Private Members which includes a free night when you stay for 3 nights or more."
Once you have had business dealings with them, you are almost bombarded to become one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.