Wiki Posts
Search

Singita Pamushana, Zimbabwe

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Singita Pamushana, Zimbabwe

Has anyone been? We have been to Africa many times and are planning our trip for next July. We want to add a couple of new places to some old favorites. We are looking at trying this Lodge but can't find much feedback other than Trip Advisor which is iffy. Any input? It looks beautiful but would love to get some feedback from any of you on this site! Thank you in advance
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:17 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Larkin
Has anyone been? We have been to Africa many times and are planning our trip for next July. We want to add a couple of new places to some old favorites. We are looking at trying this Lodge but can't find much feedback other than Trip Advisor which is iffy. Any input? It looks beautiful but would love to get some feedback from any of you on this site! Thank you in advance
Haven't heard feedback on this one, yet. But Singita properties in general have always had fabulous reviews. At least in my experience.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Haven't heard feedback on this one, yet. But Singita properties in general have always had fabulous reviews. At least in my experience.
Thank you for the input! Yes, I agree with you that Singita properties have always delivered. We have been to Singita Boulders numerous times as well as visits to Grumeti and the Kruger properties. This property Is very hard to get to and there is not a lot of information available so I was hoping someone on this site could comment as I really trust the input here. Having said that I decided today we are going so I will report back! It's not til next July so it will be awhile but fingers crossed it should be a great experience! Thanks again for your comments!
bhrubin and BESVISOR like this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:31 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.

Thank you for the input! Yes, I agree with you that Singita properties have always delivered. We have been to Singita Boulders numerous times as well as visits to Grumeti and the Kruger properties. This property Is very hard to get to and there is not a lot of information available so I was hoping someone on this site could comment as I really trust the input here. Having said that I decided today we are going so I will report back! It's not til next July so it will be awhile but fingers crossed it should be a great experience! Thanks again for your comments!
Haha, sorry! My comment didn't actually offer any help to your question. Thanks for taking one for the team here and look forward to your feedback next Summer. I'm sure it will be a great trip. Discovering the unknown is part of the fun, right LOL!
Cheers!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
My S.O. and I nearly stayed at Pamushana a couple of years back, but getting there was a bit too onerous for us. We ultimately stayed at Camp Amalinda (near Matobo National Park) instead. The result of my research and discussions with others about Pamushana was that it was a fantastic experience and certainly off the beaten path. The Singitas in South Africa still seemed somewhat more luxurious and perhaps offered better animal viewing. As tourism to Zimbabwe really suffered for a number of years due to the political situation, Pamushana seemed to have tried to attract customers with very attractive rates (we're talking 50-60% of the price of those in S. Africa). In the past few years, however, with the rebound in tourism to Zim, the price to stay at Pamushana has risen substantially and doesn't offer the extreme value that it once did.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Yes, it is hard to get to and there are only flights Mondays and Thursdays. It also requires an overnight in Jo'berg if you are coming from Botswana (we are) but so do some other locations in Southern Africa. It has been recently redone so it looks really nice in the photos (hope it is when we get there)! I know it will not be the kinds of sightings you get in Singita Boulders, londolozi, Royal Malewane, etc, but I love the photos of the diverse terrain and evidently the game drives often last longer which we like. And evidently there is a lot more game now that has become less shy than when the property was initially established. We will see and I will report back after we visit next summer! Still would love to find a couple of trustworthy flyertalkers who have been but looks like that might not happen!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:52 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Yes, it is hard to get to and there are only flights Mondays and Thursdays. It also requires an overnight in Jo'berg if you are coming from Botswana (we are) but so do some other locations in Southern Africa. It has been recently redone so it looks really nice in the photos (hope it is when we get there)! I know it will not be the kinds of sightings you get in Singita Boulders, londolozi, Royal Malewane, etc, but I love the photos of the diverse terrain and evidently the game drives often last longer which we like. And evidently there is a lot more game now that has become less shy than when the property was initially established. We will see and I will report back after we visit next summer! Still would love to find a couple of trustworthy flyertalkers who have been but looks like that might not happen!
Being harder to reach isn't necessarily a bad thing--as it adds to the allure and helps maintain the area's appeal (and lack of over tourism). And we had to spend nights in Jo'berg to reach Singita Boulders once and to reach Rwanda and Madagascar, so this is nothing new or particularly different.

I would trust that Singita will deliver. I can't wait to hear what you think! (Please also be sure to test that air con for me LOL.)
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: EK, AS
I'm planning a southern Africa safari for 2020 and I'm very interested in this lodge. My hesitancy comes from the cost and the difficulty of getting there. I know they have discounts if you stay in the off season but I'm not interested in that. I wonder if there's any way to catch a bit of a break on the cost in the peak season? I'm also interested in knowing more about getting there. Flights twice a week is really limiting. I wonder if it would be possible and safe to hire a driver in Harare and make a stop at the Great Zimbabwe on the way. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:28 am
Original Poster

We had planned on going to Pamushana during the USA summer of 2019, but did another trip instead. We will be going the USA summer ( Southern Africa winter) of 2020. Will be combining with The new Singita in Rwanda and two lodges in Zambia. Pamushana will be our last stop and given the flights we plan on staying 4 nights. Game viewing per some research I’ve done is not as easy as some of the Sabi Sands lodges, some of Botswana, and some of Zambia. ( although you never really know,). We have been to Sabi Sands and Bots many times, Zambia once but are looking forward to seeing more of Zambia and are intrigued by Pamushana in Zimbabwe. We are up for seeing the Pamushana landscape and taking our shot at a very private, remote, but evidently very beautiful lodge. We understand the game viewing will likely be more difficult but are ok as we have been to Africa many times and love to see something different. I’ll report back when we return but it won’t be til latter August of 2020. If anyone else has feedback or contrary information I’d love to hear it! Please note my comments on Pamushana are based on others’ comments but I have not been so I may be wrong!
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:50 am

Lots of coverage in recent days from UK media that says Zimbabwe seems to be entering another period of political instability . . . I'd be wary of booking there at the moment.

Last edited by Pausanias; Aug 18, 2019 at 2:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.