Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report on my stay at Aman Sveti Stefan

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:43 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I have an upcoming single night stay on a road trip. Color me concerned.
Thanks for recommending this thread. I'm in shock as are most of the other posters. My wife and I have been to 26 Amans, including SS and Ruya, and we've never experienced anything even remotely similar. We only have two more Amans on our bucket list. (The remaining properties are in places we've already visited.) It's going to take a little time to get over this thread. We loved SS and were treated like royalty.

Hopefully, I'll find some happier posts before I finish reading this thread. (I've just finished reading #71.)

Last edited by normcpa; Sep 9, 2018 at 12:47 am Reason: Clarify where I am in my reading.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:18 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Well, this seems to explain quite a bit:

Tapa Tibble, RVP and GM of @Amanresorts #SvetiStefan in Montenegro has left Aman for @COMOHotels - overseeing Miami and Turks & Caicos.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
UPDATE:

Heard back from Tapa. They were very sorry about the experience and offered a very generous service recovery. So, while the stay was not great, they made it right. I still have my doubt about how Aman is going to be run going forwards, as overall the brand seems to be on a downward trajectory, but the SS management team have done their best to make up for this experience.
wrp96 and Aventine like this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
UPDATE:

Heard back from Tapa. They were very sorry about the experience and offered a very generous service recovery. So, while the stay was not great, they made it right. I still have my doubt about how Aman is going to be run going forwards, as overall the brand seems to be on a downward trajectory, but the SS management team have done their best to make up for this experience.
Are you comfortable sharing details?
Jermyn and BOStonTravels like this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
What would be the best way to go about emailing Aman Corporate?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by scented

Are you comfortable sharing details?
Still finalizing some stuff. Let me verify they don't mind us sharing.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

damaxer91 sounds like you may hear from tapa soon

good to hear tapa / aman still delivering

love them mailing something after instagram post

Originally Posted by JWo
May/June
boat transfer from SS to Kings Beach was run by an external vendor (not Aman)
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Still here
guy operating the boat between the Island and Villa Milocer to have a lit cigarette in his mouth while operating the boat filled with passengers
como and six senses got many ex aman
sounds like parrot cay will be improving

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 9, 2018 at 11:17 am
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:07 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by LM225
Well, this seems to explain quite a bit: https://twitter.com/Gallivanters/sta...69976973381632
Tapa Tibble, RVP and GM of @Amanresorts #SvetiStefan in Montenegro has left Aman for @COMOHotels - overseeing Miami and Turks & Caicos.

Small world. When we stayed at SS in 2013 Henry Scott was one of the managers. When we arrived at Amanwella in 2014 Henry had transferred there. We had a great time with him. Earlier this year we were at Amanera and one of the staff told us Henry was now at the COMO in Miami Beach. Since we were headed for the Setai in Miami Beach, three doors away, we stopped by and had a drink with Henry at his hotel. We were anxious to talk to him because we were scheduled to stay at the Perth COMO a couple of months later. (He gave them a heads up and we had a terrific stay.)

So now Taba Tibble, whom I don't know, is going to oversee COMO Miami Beach and Turks and Caicos. We opted to stay at COMO Turks and Caicos next February, because we had already been to Amanyara in 2012 (also fabulous). So I'm curious to see if Henry is still at the Miami Beach COMO, or if he has moved on. I also wonder if we'll meet Taba at COMO. We'll be back to the Setai after Turks, so perhaps we'll visit COMO again in Miami Beach.
FlyerEC likes this.

Last edited by normcpa; Sep 9, 2018 at 9:08 pm Reason: one letter typo
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I'm glad the OP got a satisfactory service recovery solution and hopefully this is just an abnormality than the new Aman. Please share details when you can @GetSetJetSet!
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
I'm flying out to SS on Thursday. Very curious to see how this all pans out.
Not sure whether Tapa will still be GM and work a notice period or whether Aman will have sent over another GM to manage the transition.

Does anybody have previous experience from other properties, in similar situations?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jermyn
I'm flying out to SS on Thursday. Very curious to see how this all pans out.
Not sure whether Tapa will still be GM and work a notice period or whether Aman will have sent over another GM to manage the transition.

Does anybody have previous experience from other properties, in similar situations?
Tokyo had the Front Office manager handling duties between Marc Handl and the Japanese woman.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Aventine
Tokyo had the Front Office manager handling duties between Marc Handl and the Japanese woman.
That doesn't sound good unless the previous GM had trained the front office manager to handle GM duties in his absence, and even if so, a long transition period requires more leadership than just a substitute manager on duty for short periods.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by Aventine
If I'm not mistaken, you were deeply unimpressed with Aman Tokyo?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jermyn
If I'm not mistaken, you were deeply unimpressed with Aman Tokyo?
It wasn't because of the temporary fill in. It is the new Japanese GM that remains unimpressive.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sven is well regarded but not sure when he arrives from zoe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.