Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report on my stay at Aman Sveti Stefan

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:00 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by callmedtop
This puts me zero for two on recommendations - I loved Sveti Stefan and Amanfayun in 2017!

Ironically I found Amanjiwo highly overrated
I suppose consistency is just inconsistent with humans ... I think you were seeing my complaints about Fayun in real time? haha!
I think I'm one of the only few to have had a poor stay at Fayun but I really think it was due to not having a GM/leadership in place for the team.

Glad you enjoyed SS and Fayun, though. Jiwo has been on my list as it gets such positive feedback but again, you just never know.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:17 am

I also have a friend who recently stayed and raved about Sveti Stefan. She said it was almost a perfect stay. I do not think a few anecdotal experiences, as awful as they may seem, are sufficient to prove a systemic problem at an hotel.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:33 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I also have a friend who recently stayed and raved about Sveti Stefan. She said it was almost a perfect stay. I do not think a few anecdotal experiences, as awful as they may seem, are sufficient to prove a systemic problem at an hotel.
Agree with you! And even the best hotels have "one offs". But they should certainly do their best to provide service recovery when one offs occur (i.e. relocate to a different room based on the issues OP had with the room...amongst other things).
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:44 am

service misses could be anecdotal. but the wasp infestation?? wasps scare me sh*tless.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
The lack of service recovery is inexcusable and most concerning.
MSPeconomist and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MikeFromTokyo, what month? sounded like a shift, even if brief

re recovery, sounded like OPs had not spoken to GM yet
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:10 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
The two separate reviews for stays a week or two apart include too many consistent details for the problem to be merely anecdotal. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. The number of unacceptable details for both experiences is excessive by any luxury standard. The lack of service recovery in either instance is absolutely galling and wholly unacceptable by any luxury standard. It is even more galling that this is occurring at an Aman property.

The fact that some are mentioning some of the same issues from stays a year prior is also reflective of the serious problem at Aman SS.

While your friend had a very nice stay, that was then--and this is now. That this can happen now, and has happened twice now that we know of, is absolutely concerning and certainly reflects a systemic problem. I sure won't be visiting anytime soon and wouldn't visit in the future without a proven track record that showcases these issues are resolved--and that the service recovery is concomitant to the horrendous details shared now.

When a hotel can't provide appropriate service recovery for misses, it reflects that management and ownership don't really believe there's a problem or that it doesn't matter to bringing in future guests. It matters to me. For an Aman, it really matters.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:56 am

I was present at the (near) beginning of Amanresorts, back in 1989. I don't think I want to be present for the end.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Pausanias
I was present at the (near) beginning of Amanresorts, back in 1989. I don't think I want to be present for the end.
We're probably almost there.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:33 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by bhrubin
The two separate reviews for stays a week or two apart include too many consistent details for the problem to be merely anecdotal. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. The number of unacceptable details for both experiences is excessive by any luxury standard. The lack of service recovery in either instance is absolutely galling and wholly unacceptable by any luxury standard. It is even more galling that this is occurring at an Aman property.

The fact that some are mentioning some of the same issues from stays a year prior is also reflective of the serious problem at Aman SS.

While your friend had a very nice stay, that was then--and this is now. That this can happen now, and has happened twice now that we know of, is absolutely concerning and certainly reflects a systemic problem. I sure won't be visiting anytime soon and wouldn't visit in the future without a proven track record that showcases these issues are resolved--and that the service recovery is concomitant to the horrendous details shared now.

When a hotel can't provide appropriate service recovery for misses, it reflects that management and ownership don't really believe there's a problem or that it doesn't matter to bringing in future guests. It matters to me. For an Aman, it really matters.
I was considering a stay here but agree there are too many concerns. I hate to say this but reading here and elsewhere about interactions with management team, at least one sounds rather histrionic.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:32 am
Community Director Emerita

I have an upcoming single night stay on a road trip. Color me concerned.
MSPeconomist, jspira and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Does anyone know the best person to contact regarding this and what email? Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:44 am

I'm really eager to hear how they follow up on this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Does anyone know the best person to contact regarding this and what email? Thanks!
Probably start with Tapa then proceed up the food chain? I'm pretty shocked he hasn't reached out to you yet!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any updates @GetSetJetSet? I saw Besvisor seemed satisfied about the response he got from the property about this incident. Been wondering if the OP got any service recovery or refunds?
Fliar likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.