Reload this Page >

Retreat at the Blue Lagoon, Iceland

Retreat at the Blue Lagoon, Iceland

Old Aug 5, 18, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

great to hear!

private lagoon size
47m2 1 €____ exclusive use lava cove 6 hours
__m2 3 €2362 60m2 lagoon suite (overlooked by rooms above)
__m2 1 €9k? 200m2 blue lagoon suite (duplex) under docs here >
iltm.com/en/Exhibitors/3929329/The-Retreat-at-Blue-Lagoon-Iceland

€1132 62 room (6 day guest?) , restaurant includes chefs table
minimum age 14 vs 2 (silica ?) and "14-18" must be with adult

€435 35 room silica hotel also has private lagoon, no restaurant

i shouldve saved construction plan map, not seeing map now
only found page 3 here, retreat hotel & retreat lagoon at left >
ltm.com/en/asiapacific/exhibit/exhibitor-directory-2018/Company-Content/?coId=353896

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 5, 18 at 4:53 pm
Old Aug 9, 18, 8:36 pm
Original Member

FYI -- finally managed to add photos to my review of The Retreat at Blue Lagoon, see upthread.

Last edited by KatW; Aug 9, 18 at 9:35 pm
Old Oct 24, 18, 1:41 pm

When I first heard about this hotel, I was so excited to try it. Alas, it took forever to complete. We are going in early November with a group and The Retreat is closed for maintenance! So we will be slumming in The Silica-the poorer cousin. We do have dinner arranged at Moss, and I believe a visit at the Spa was arranged. The Retreat will reopen on our last night, but I thought it would be crazy to schlep there for one night and be leaving at 6 in the morning to get back to airport. Plus the others in the group would definitely not like the price point of The Retreat. Maybe next time!
Old Oct 24, 18, 3:27 pm
Original Member

Whilst the resort is closed, I hope new lights will be wired in the bathroom so one might see one's face when brushing teeth. I kept brushing my nose.
bhrubin and LinLant like this.

Last edited by KatW; Oct 24, 18 at 4:12 pm
Old Oct 24, 18, 11:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Gorgeous pictures @KatW! Thank you for uploading them.
Old Oct 24, 18, 11:24 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Gorgeous pictures @KatW! Thank you for uploading them.
It is a stunningly different, beautiful place. Thank you, Aventine.
Old Oct 24, 18, 11:31 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by LinLant View Post
When I first heard about this hotel, I was so excited to try it. Alas, it took forever to complete. We are going in early November with a group and The Retreat is closed for maintenance! So we will be slumming in The Silica-the poorer cousin. We do have dinner arranged at Moss, and I believe a visit at the Spa was arranged. The Retreat will reopen on our last night, but I thought it would be crazy to schlep there for one night and be leaving at 6 in the morning to get back to airport. Plus the others in the group would definitely not like the price point of The Retreat. Maybe next time!
Please report back. Eager to know how The Silica works out. Jim and I are wanting to return to Iceland but not all that eager to devastate our cat's inheritance by popping $2K-3K/night at The Retreat.
offerendum and bhrubin like this.

Last edited by KatW; Oct 24, 18 at 11:37 pm
Old Oct 26, 18, 1:58 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Nice pictures! Lagoon looks nice but still not convinced with this prices.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 15, 18, 12:32 pm

Just got back from our Iceland trip. Silica very modern, and minimalist. We were four couples, and we got the room with the view of the power plant. As hubby was CEO of the local power company we found that amusing. Hubby would have loved a tour of the plant. I tried to get switched to another room without the power plant view, but front desk said they were all booked. As it was just four in the afternoon I am sure that not all the rooms had been checked into yet. They did not care. The otthers we were traveling with had rooms with lovely views of the lave and moss. Lighting switches in the room were very confusing as Kat mentioned that Thre Retreat suffered from. Rooms were very very hot. Only way to regulate temperature was to open the door that led to a small patio outside each room.
Only breakfast is served here. It was a lovely buffet, with many selections. For dinner the group went to Moss at the Blue Lagoon. Food was not hot. I had the local fish, that had strange globs of sauce on it that looked like poached eggs. I had four bites. We requested waitress to call for a driver from Silica to pick us up, while the others had dessert. Husband had the cauliflower for his entree.He thought it was fine. After waiting 30 minutes at transportation center we wised up and asked for another shuttle. Driver showed up in 30n seconds, he had never been called by our waitress, and was coming to get the others in our group.
I got sick, so never got to see The Retreat. Hubby had dinner with group at Moss. All had to agree on a five or seven course tasting menu. There were vegetarian and meat options. Dinner was very slow, took 3.5 hours for 5 courses. Food was excellent.
There is one large pool at Silica. No treatments were available, so I have no idea how the massages were.
Passes to The retreat for when we wanted to go were unavailable. We saw no reason to go to the main Blue Lagoon.
I need to travel with a group that is less energetic than the ones I traveled with. ATV riding, snow mobiling on the Glacier, Glacier hiking and Icelandic horse riding were a bit much for me.
Plus we saw no Northern Lights the whole week we were there. Not to mention the flights over-definitely not first class, nor Business class, yet an obscene fare anyway.
Best part was ten course tasting meal at Fish Market in Reykjavík. Although that took forever also.
Not sure I will go back if hubby wants to explore fishing.
Old Nov 15, 18, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ouch. thanks for the follow up!

Originally Posted by damaxer91 View Post
Sent my wife on a birthday trip to Iceland with some friends and they spent an evening (6 hour rental) at Lava Cove in Blue Lagoon It was described to us as: A completely secluded, self-contained spa within the spa at the Retreat. This extraordinary suite—which includes a private lagoon, a wood-burning fireplace, and a butler—is a place of abundant comfort and wellbeing. The ladies agreed that the description was fair and that it was quite a luxurious experience with impeccable service and a beautiful product.
47m2 lagoon, curious re price, presumably 2 bookings per day, daytime and evening

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 15, 18 at 1:02 pm

Search this Thread