FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Is Aman building in Kyoto (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1921230-aman-building-kyoto.html)

HollyMclean Jul 22, 2018 6:54 pm

Is Aman building in Kyoto

I am just looking for somewhere else for another friend

chinmoylad Jul 22, 2018 9:04 pm

Yes they are.

Kagehitokiri Jul 22, 2018 9:12 pm

do you know the site?

FlyerEC Jul 22, 2018 10:48 pm

Likely ready only after AmanNY opens .. at the rate things have been going ( or not ) .
Was hoping in time for RWC ‘ 19 , still hoping

nmuva98 Jul 23, 2018 10:27 pm

When I was at Amankila back in March I meet a gentlemen (forgot his name) who was head of fire safety for Aman globally. Based in SG, I believe, Aussie bloke. They were doing a fire drill at Kila and I met him then, then chatted with him a few times over the course of my stay. He commented that the Kyoto property would be open in 2019.

But then for Vari & NY to have spots on the website already, and even the Costa Rica one to have a promo video, yet nothing on Kyoto makes me think the 2019 date might be aspirational....

Although I hope not, as I am ready to visit that property as soon as it opens!

chinmoylad Jul 23, 2018 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by nmuva98 (Post 30006532)
When I was at Amankila back in March I meet a gentlemen (forgot his name) who was head of fire safety for Aman globally. Based in SG, I believe, Aussie bloke. They were doing a fire drill at Kila and I met him then, then chatted with him a few times over the course of my stay. He commented that the Kyoto property would be open in 2019.

But then for Vari & NY to have spots on the website already, and even the Costa Rica one to have a promo video, yet nothing on Kyoto makes me think the 2019 date might be aspirational....

While not saying it will open by 2019, but that which appears dead is not always so!

Maybe they'll just 'open' it and announce it, like with Amanruya (reopening) without a huge preview etc? Think Amandayan was opened in a similar manner too.

Kagehitokiri Jul 24, 2018 2:13 pm

dayan indeed example to use, under current owner

no residences at kyoto, also not north america

bhrubin Jul 24, 2018 2:20 pm

Anyone know the location for the Aman Kyoto?

FlyerEC Jul 24, 2018 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 30009154)
Anyone know the location for the Aman Kyoto?

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 30002420)
do you know the site?

Yes , trying to locate it again on Google earth . Forgot “ name “ , drove by area last year . Somewhere between Suiran / bamboo forest & RC Kyoto - sorry not much help here .. hopefully memory will be jolted sooner than later

.. ​​​​​​​I know the area :) , perhaps should not post yet ?

thedesignhotel Aug 4, 2018 5:31 am

You can read a lot about Aman Kyoto in the book of Kerry Hill, the architect of the hotel. The renderings and location look very promising :)

damaxer91 Aug 5, 2018 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by thedesignhotel (Post 30046370)
You can read a lot about Aman Kyoto in the book of Kerry Hill, the architect of the hotel. The renderings and location look very promising :)

Can you share link?

ajca Aug 24, 2018 4:42 am

Originally Posted by thedesignhotel (Post 30046370)

I was just reading this through an d thinking about the Aman Kyoto designs in the Kerry Hill book as well.

The fact that the book was published in 2012 and the designs I think had been around for a while at that point show how long this project has taken to get off the ground (and two other Japan Amans came first!)

The project name if I remember right was Amaniwa?

FlyerEC Aug 29, 2018 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC (Post 30009405)

Yes , trying to locate it again on Google earth . Forgot “ name “ , drove by area last year . Somewhere between Suiran / bamboo forest & RC Kyoto - sorry not much help here .. hopefully memory will be jolted sooner than later

.. I know the area :) , perhaps should not post yet ?

​​​​​​​

Sad that Kerry HILL can no longer oversee any of the refurbishments , of his Aman projects , etcetera . RIP .

Near Golden Temple in Takagamine area

FlyerEC Nov 23, 2018 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 30002420)
do you know the site?

Originally Posted by FlyerEC (Post 30002614)
Likely ready only after AmanNY opens .. at the rate things have been going ( or not ) .
Was hoping in time for RWC ‘ 19 , still hoping

Originally Posted by nmuva98 (Post 30006532)

With the shortage of rooms in the Kyoto hotel situation in recent years , still hoping Niwa opens next year , preferably before the RWC .
But with Kerry HILL ‘ s passing it still seems like a construction site though .
Suppose one can always make easy day trips from Osaka with more palatable hotel rates .. if not wanting to stay at FS , RC , ryokans or the PH - set to open next year .. But not an Aman !
Really will be a beautiful addition to the Amans in this lovely area with numerous UNESCO heritage sites .

laoshu Feb 4, 2019 5:41 am

Announced today...

https://www.aman.com/resorts/aman-kyoto

cheers