Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Beach vacation over Christmas / New Years?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beach vacation over Christmas / New Years?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:05 am
Original Member

Harbour Island, Bahamas, many options
Florida Keys
Captiva Island / Sanibel, Florida
chobby100 likes this.

Last edited by KatW; Apr 13, 2019 at 10:16 am
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
You can't beat Sydney for New Year's. Just amazing.
chobby100 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
eh, in my experience cities are a poor choice for NYE. Better to have your feet in the sand at a beach bar on an island.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
eh, in my experience cities are a poor choice for NYE. Better to have your feet in the sand at a beach bar on an island.
Yes, last NYE I was on a beach, surrounded by king penguins and fur seals. South Georgia! No beach bar, however.
FlyerEC and KatW like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:03 pm

Have you thought about St. Vincent and the Grenadines? The Cotton House or the Firefly on Mustique, the MO on Canouan, or Petit St Vincent might fit the bill. I might also suggest Bequia if you don't mind going a little less luxe. We spend every Old Year's Day/New Year's there, and it's truly magical -- old-school, undeveloped Caribbean charm. As an added bonus, if you're looking at spending/earning Hyatt points, the only place on the island that I'd call "luxurious" at all -- the Liming -- has availability over New Year's. They're an SLH property, and they look to have a two-bedroom villa available for about $2,500 a night. Have never visited the place, myself, but the owners did a pretty good job rehabbing the Bequia Plantation Hotel in Port Elizabeth and are good people. So I strongly suspect the Liming is pretty dang good. Weekly service between MIA and YYZ and SVD/daily service on LIAT from BGI to SVD, then a quick ferry ride to Bequia. Or daily flights directly from BGI to BQU. Worth a look ...
chobby100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.