Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Tokyo luxury hotels (newer consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichardInSF
Reviews of Tokyo hotels to be found in dedicated threads (If you review another Tokyo luxury hotel, put it in a thread and add a link here, thanks!)

Aman Tokyo (not a formal review but as detailed as one) -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

Mandarin Oriental Tokyo -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

Peninsula Tokyo -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

Park Hyatt Tokyo -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho from luxury perspective — https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

Tokyo luxury hotels (newer consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:10 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 747FC
Now that we know what you don't like, can you kindly share your preferred venues?
It's a trap! :-)
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by david22
Right: e.g. walking around, moving something on the floor, etc.. All hardwood == echo plus standard wood creaking. Definitely didn't hear any noise from other rooms.

E.g. This (rather harsh) review from TripAdvisor says, "Rooms are large and all hard surfaced which makes them echo-y... every sound in the toilet can be heard everywhere in the room (so if you are jet-lagged or a light sleeper and traveling with someone else, beware) The rooms do have very good sound-proofing of outside noise tho. You'd never know you're in the city -- and never heard anyone in the hallway."
This is true. Rooms with too much wooden surfaces have this problem. I got the same problem when I stayed at the Upper House which has similar decor and highly regarded. Even when I was just stationary in bed, I can hear the floors "creaking". I checked out after one night because it annoys me. One's tolerance of this might vary depending on the person.
david22 likes this.

Last edited by BENLEE; Jun 29, 2019 at 10:34 pm
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Have stayed in Shinjuku previous three times, and while we like how easy it is to get to places, we largely found ourselves exploring nearby, Shibuya, Shimokitazawa, etc. We would like to be in a completely new neighborhood. Looking at RC or Prince Gallery. Both about 40K Yen through corporate rate. Which neighborhood has better access to great interesting hoods. Our mode of transportation will be bicycles.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:15 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS 3MM, NH PLT
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Looking at RC or Prince Gallery. Both about 40K Yen through corporate rate. Which neighborhood has better access to great interesting hoods. Our mode of transportation will be bicycles.
RC, without a doubt!
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:19 am

Have stayed in Shinjuku previous three times, and while we like how easy it is to get to places, we largely found ourselves exploring nearby, Shibuya, Shimokitazawa, etc. We would like to be in a completely new neighborhood. Looking at RC or Prince Gallery. Both about 40K Yen through corporate rate. Which neighborhood has better access to great interesting hoods. Our mode of transportation will be bicycles.
RC is the easy choice here. I enjoy walking and have explored both the areas around Prince Gallery and RC. RC would be much more interesting and a better hotel as well. You can explore the art museum nearby, Roppongi Hills area, Azabu Juban area and also my fav, the area between Nishi Azabu crossing and Omotesando. Not a huge difference but the Grand Hyatt would be slightly closer to these areas
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

RC for sure. You could bike to Shibuya, Ebisu, the national Art Center. Hamarikyu Gardens and a lot more.

Last edited by Aventine; Jul 6, 2019 at 2:27 am
Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:38 am

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
Tokyo seems expensive AF for the western branded 5 star hotels in October - especially last half. Is this just because of rugby? If I don't watch rugby can I get the regular price?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:50 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLSIZE
Tokyo seems expensive AF for the western branded 5 star hotels in October - especially last half. Is this just because of rugby? If I don't watch rugby can I get the regular price?
Hotels don't care what you enjoy watching. If they are, or expect to be, busy, they charge more. End of October is also usually good weather and the time for fall colors,. Even in Tokyo that can affect rates.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Not just western brands. Palace is sold out for a whole week already during the rugby world cup.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by gengar
Not just western brands. Palace is sold out for a whole week already during the rugby world cup.
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Hotels don't care what you enjoy watching. If they are, or expect to be, busy, they charge more. End of October is also usually good weather and the time for fall colors,. Even in Tokyo that can affect rates.
Well , we were wondering too . But in addition to RWC , the main reason will be the enthronement ceremony of the emperor on 22 October , a state occasion !
Will be staying AmanTokyo then
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:01 am

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
Originally Posted by FlyerEC

Well , we were wondering too . But in addition to RWC , the main reason will be the enthronement ceremony of the emperor on 22 October , a state occasion !
I guess that is it. I imagine the coronation > rugby.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:38 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
I guess that is it. I imagine the coronation > rugby.
Yes , pre & post celebratory events including those involving foreign dignitaries till end of October .
Will be interesting how it all pans out with RWC then too .
All limos seemed to have been booked up since last year too .
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
That explains it. Didn't think the rugby world cup was that big a draw (even though I personally know a few people going).
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:11 pm

anyone have the email for the palace hotel concierge?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by lazard
anyone have the email for the palace hotel concierge?
[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.