Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Tokyo luxury hotels (newer consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichardInSF
Reviews of Tokyo hotels to be found in dedicated threads (If you review another Tokyo luxury hotel, put it in a thread and add a link here, thanks!)

Aman Tokyo (not a formal review but as detailed as one) -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

Mandarin Oriental Tokyo -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

Peninsula Tokyo -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

Park Hyatt Tokyo -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho from luxury perspective — https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

Tokyo luxury hotels (newer consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by phant0m
Started reading through most of the conversations about the Aman Tokyo in the Aman thread and I'm starting to have second thoughts about staying there. Most of you guys basically saying it's nothing special for someone's first Aman experience. I started pricing out other hotels and this is what I came up with for 4 nights.

Andaz Prive Rate, lowest king room: $2420 (potential 4th night free deal $1935?) or 100,000 Hyatt points with no benefits.
Prince Gallery Kioicho (after the reviews here): Club Deluxe room $2055
Ritz Carlton Deluxe King with Club Cert Upgrade: $2915

My original Aman rate was $3485.

The last time I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Tokyo was back in 2015 before they did their refresh and I didn't stay in a club room. Has anyone been there recently and is it worth it? I know I love the RC HK Club Lounge. Price Gallery looks comparable with the Ritz but at a much lower entry point. I did a 1 nighter at the Andaz back in 2015 as well and I loved their hard product but didn't get to enjoy the rest of it. Their pricing is very enticing.

What do you guys think?
PG is a very competitive hotel and with those savings you definitely could splurge on eating whatever you want in Tokyo for a brunch or lunch. The club offerings will be enough if you're jetlagged early morning.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by phant0m
Started reading through most of the conversations about the Aman Tokyo in the Aman thread and I'm starting to have second thoughts about staying there. Most of you guys basically saying it's nothing special for someone's first Aman experience. I started pricing out other hotels and this is what I came up with for 4 nights.

Andaz Prive Rate, lowest king room: $2420 (potential 4th night free deal $1935?) or 100,000 Hyatt points with no benefits.
Prince Gallery Kioicho (after the reviews here): Club Deluxe room $2055
Ritz Carlton Deluxe King with Club Cert Upgrade: $2915

My original Aman rate was $3485.

The last time I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Tokyo was back in 2015 before they did their refresh and I didn't stay in a club room. Has anyone been there recently and is it worth it? I know I love the RC HK Club Lounge. Price Gallery looks comparable with the Ritz but at a much lower entry point. I did a 1 nighter at the Andaz back in 2015 as well and I loved their hard product but didn't get to enjoy the rest of it. Their pricing is very enticing.

What do you guys think?
We stayed at both the Aman (corner suite) and the RC this summer. At the RC we were in the Presidential Suite. Holy cow was that a blast! Never been in a room that ridiculous before. THREE entrances! Having said that, I think the Aman was the classier, more stylish hotel.
FlyerEC, bhrubin and phant0m like this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:33 am

I would keep your Aman reservation. You cannot compare a standard room at Andaz with and entry level room at Aman. All Aman accommodation is equivalent to at least a Junior suite level accommodation at most other hotels.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:00 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by SLC_IAH
We stayed at both the Aman (corner suite) and the RC this summer. At the RC we were in the Presidential Suite. Holy cow was that a blast! Never been in a room that ridiculous before. THREE entrances! Having said that, I think the Aman was the classier, more stylish hotel.
Any chance you have any photos of the RC Presidential Suite you can share? Would love to see that!
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Any chance you have any photos of the RC Presidential Suite you can share? Would love to see that!
Sure...
[Last two just illustrate what the view is like from up there]
Attached Images         
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Not the worst suite
MikeFromTokyo and bhrubin like this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Does anyone here have advice or recent experience about the Tokyo Station Hotel? I think this qualifies as a luxury property, but it is not among the luxury brands I see being discussed here.
For me, the heritage and history of the Tokyo Station Hotel makes it a must-try for a one night layover (arriving 6 pm at HND, departing HND at noon the next day).
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
Does anyone here have advice or recent experience about the Tokyo Station Hotel? I think this qualifies as a luxury property, but it is not among the luxury brands I see being discussed here.
For me, the heritage and history of the Tokyo Station Hotel makes it a must-try for a one night layover (arriving 6 pm at HND, departing HND at noon the next day).
I haven't stayed there, but I understand they did a major renovation a few years ago involving a full closure, so it should be fairly fresh. Location is excellent.

If you're after heritage and history, the other option that comes to mind is the Imperial, which is at nearby Yurakucho (one stop on the Yamanote).
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: MM / UA 1K
In case I've missed it, has anyone combined the Luxury Privileges rate with 4th night free with Citi Prestige 4th night at the Prince Gallery Kioichi?
If so, how were the rates ultimately calculated?
I have a 4 night trip coming up for Tokyo and am considering trying this but wonder what to expect.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:05 am

I have a 3 day booking at Christmas and the Hotel has been very responsive to my questions so far. Reviews look good although I am not sure much is left of the original hotel apart from the shell and name. I chose the Hotel as the rate was good and in terms of connectivity the location is hard to beat.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:16 am

It is a fantastic property, with an amazing staff and surprisingly well-connected concierge desk. The only downside for me if the lack of views. Facilities and rooms are gorgeous and immaculate.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
NHK had an informative piece on the property and the fairly recent renovation. You can check it out here

One interesting potential service option - I have seen the bellman from the Tokyo Station Hotel at the platform of N'EX assisting with luggage. Might be worthwhile if you will be using Narita to or from the hotel not so much for HND though I suppose.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mongobot
NHK had an informative piece on the property and the fairly recent renovation. You can check it out here

One interesting potential service option - I have seen the bellman from the Tokyo Station Hotel at the platform of N'EX assisting with luggage. Might be worthwhile if you will be using Narita to or from the hotel not so much for HND though I suppose.
The wonderful Bell staff from SL will also help you from the platform. FS offers that service too.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by mongobot
In case I've missed it, has anyone combined the Luxury Privileges rate with 4th night free with Citi Prestige 4th night at the Prince Gallery Kioichi?
If so, how were the rates ultimately calculated?
I have a 4 night trip coming up for Tokyo and am considering trying this but wonder what to expect.
I do not see how these could be combined, as the Citi Prestige booking will be under a different rate code and will be a room only rate.

Does LP still exist, or is it now STARS for all Marriott “luxury” brands?

You would have to compare rates, but I suspect if fourth night free is available in conjunction with LP/STARS amenities, that should be best.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:07 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Aventine
The wonderful Bell staff from SL will also help you from the platform. FS offers that service too.
the Aman as well, as just confirmed to me by e-mail... good thing to avoid getting lost jetlagged in the maze of Tokyo station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.