Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Spectacular, Superb Luxury (Ritz-Carlton, Bali)

Spectacular, Superb Luxury (Ritz-Carlton, Bali)

Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:27 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by qrctraveller68
Mohamed, thanks for that amazing review. I was originally going to stay at the Westin Resort Nusa Dua, but after reading your review, I have decided to change my stay from the Westin to the Ritz, which will be on points. The club lounge seems spectacular and I can't wait to utilize it. With such a huge property, what's the security protocol when entering and exiting the property?
Very secure. There's a boom gate, sniffer dogs and guard dogs on the driveway leading from the main road into the hotel. Then there are x ray machines before you enter reception.

I'm very much used to this in Egypt and other countries, but my partner was quite disturbed. I decided not to tell him in advance because I knew it would.

There's also security on the beaches on either side of the resort.

I never felt unsafe while in Bali at all. Highly recommend Meet & Assist at DPS, though, as lines can be very large indeed.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
Thanks Mohamed - agreed, I'm accustomed to such security in India as well as Egypt. The concierge also already responded so thanks for the emails. Since you have already given me excellent advice, I will definitely request the Meet n Greet assistance also.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:25 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by qrctraveller68
Thanks Mohamed - agreed, I'm accustomed to such security in India as well as Egypt. The concierge also already responded so thanks for the emails. Since you have already given me excellent advice, I will definitely request the Meet n Greet assistance also.
You're welcome. That's what FT is.

With Meet & Greet you're exited through a special door where your limo is right outside. It's so convenient.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:12 pm

Would you recommend if staying more than 5 days is too short or long? Im planning on visiting Bali and selected this Resort as option.

Any local restaurants with in walkin distance from the resort?

Was the Resort busy?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:13 pm

Is Bali less expensive than Thailand? I feel like Thailand is more like overrated and prices over-inflated?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:48 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by YSL5577
Would you recommend if staying more than 5 days is too short or long? Im planning on visiting Bali and selected this Resort as option.

Any local restaurants with in walkin distance from the resort?

Was the Resort busy?
The resort fluctuated between 70 and 100% while we were there. The Cliff Villas are incredible because they are at the top of the resort, beside reception so you won't really see other guests other than breakfast, eating in restaurants or the club lounge.

Unlike other beach resorts it never did feel busy. Without referring to race the staff explained that some guests stay in their rooms all day and spend their time out in the hotel at night, whereas other guests enjoy the Sunshine during the day and stay in their rooms at night.

There are other hotels within walking distance as well as road stalls. The Nusa Dua local restaurant and shopping area is less than 5 mins by car.

TBH, we prefer Thailand. Bali is expensive once you start looking at hotels with private villa pools, but more importantly the Thai culture, to us, is much more open, carefree and relaxed.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:03 pm

I thought Thailand is more expensive than Bali due to high tourism turnover rate. I tend to get bored easily if i stay inside the resort. I usually like to plan my daily activities and see any excursions or just take taxi to just go.

Im not really fish person either - were there lot food options (inside the resort and outside) other than seafood.

How expensive is the lunch and dinner?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by YSL5577
I thought Thailand is more expensive than Bali due to high tourism turnover rate. I tend to get bored easily if i stay inside the resort. I usually like to plan my daily activities and see any excursions or just take taxi to just go.

Im not really fish person either - were there lot food options (inside the resort and outside) other than seafood.

How expensive is the lunch and dinner?
You can just go on their website. They have a list of restaurants with PDF menu's that have the options and prices.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.