Maldives Recs for 2019 trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maldives Recs for 2019 trip

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks for the good wishes. Will do. It certainly looks like the kind of place at which to disconnect completely, which is why the all-inclusive concept appeals in this case.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:15 pm

Read through the whole thread so far, and looking for a little advice. We are going on our honeymoon at the end of this year or beginning of next and plan on going to Maldvies. I was thinking about staying at FS, however, they have a 8 night minimum around that time. I think CB and Vela are outside my budget (looking to stay <$1500 per night). Any other recommendations? I think I'd prefer an overwater villa. Will be for only two people. Thanks
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:29 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by hypnotiq74
Read through the whole thread so far, and looking for a little advice. We are going on our honeymoon at the end of this year or beginning of next and plan on going to Maldvies. I was thinking about staying at FS, however, they have a 8 night minimum around that time. I think CB and Vela are outside my budget (looking to stay <$1500 per night). Any other recommendations? I think I'd prefer an overwater villa. Will be for only two people. Thanks
Check out Milaidhoo.
Perhaps not at the same "level" at FS/CB/Vela, but my wife and I stayed for 4 nights two years ago and loved it !
Their overwater villas in particular are very well designed with huge swimming pools.
This place would suit a honeymoon if you're looking to relax. Not much in the way of activities as it's a smaller island, but with no kids under 9, it's truly a peaceful, tranquil paradise.
The photo below is what I took as soon as I stepped onto the island. Hard to beat.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Rewards Gold; Amex Platinum
My Wife and I are going to Kudadoo for 6 nights in August. I'm very happy to finally see some activity here on FT regarding this property. My only concern whether 6 nights might be one too many? Would love to hear any other feedback from recent stays.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:41 pm

Thanks! Will check it out. I guess I'll have to balance activities vs.peace. Do people just travel off-island for stuff to do?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:16 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by eba205
My Wife and I are going to Kudadoo for 6 nights in August. I'm very happy to finally see some activity here on FT regarding this property. My only concern whether 6 nights might be one too many? Would love to hear any other feedback from recent stays.
Time flies in the Maldives. A truly all inclusive? Maybe even quicker

I think 6 nights will be great!! Not too long. Enjoy! I continue to get good feedback on the property so hope you guys will come away with the same feedback.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 6:53 am

Hi!

Sorry to revive an old thread, but the posts in here have been very insightful!

I am planning a trip to Maldives and have 4 nights to spend there in late April 2020. We are less into the rustic/Crusoe feel (I like shoes on my feet ha!), more contemporary luxury.

Our budget for 2 people is $10k for 4 nights for rooms, transfer and food. We are hoping for at least half-board to make it easier.

Thanks!

Last edited by chanieish; Sep 16, 2019 at 7:29 am
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:23 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by chanieish
Hi!

Sorry to revive an old thread, but the posts in here have been very insightful!

I am planning a trip to Maldives and have 4 nights to spend there in late April 2020. We are less into the rustic/Crusoe feel (I like shoes on my feet ha!), more contemporary luxury.

Our budget for 2 people is $10k for 2 nights for rooms, transfer and food. We are hoping for at least half-board to make it easier.

Thanks!
Sorry, are you staying 2 nights or 4? $10k for 2 nights, will make it easy to find something, but 4 changes things.
I think Cheval Blanc is a good suggestion for what you might be looking for, except for the half board option. If you're indeed staying only 2 nights, your budget will still cover food. If you're staying 4 nights, Cheval Blanc should have their Infinite Bliss promotion (4th night free) and will get you near your budget but food and transfers will put you over it a bit.

Another option is the Kudadoo. https://www.kudadoo.com
It's a proper all inclusive. Full board + all activities + spa, etc... NO limits. So if you want 5 spa treatments on a random Tuesday, not an issue. lol!
Certainly not as contemporary/chic as Cheval Blanc and maybe more rustic than you'd like, but value is great and checks all other boxes.
I've had clients staying at Kudadoo after having been to Cheval Blanc and they had a lovely time at Kudadoo, given its value. Came away very happy. Got them an upgrade to a two bedroom residence but that's not much of value to your needs But the team was very kind.
So if you're doing 2 nights, then I'd suggest giving this a look.

All Inclusive Rate
  • Unlimited Spa Treatments
  • Unlimited Private Diving
  • Unlimited Water Sports
  • Unlimited Private Excursions
  • Private Yoga & Meditation
  • Private Personal Trainer
  • Unlimited In Residence Dining
  • Unlimited Private Dining
  • Premium Champagnes, Wines and Beverages
  • All Non-Alcoholic Beverages

Cheers!

Last edited by BESVISOR; Sep 16, 2019 at 7:32 am
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:31 am

Thank you so much for your response and sorry for the confusion. We are looking at 4 nights. I edited my post to reflect that as well. I think we can be a bit flexible with the food. Perhaps tack on an extra 1-2k. Hopefully breakfast would be included though.

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Sorry, are you staying 2 nights or 4? $10k for 2 nights, will make it easy to find something, but 4 changes things.
I think Cheval Blanc is a good suggestion for what you might be looking for, except for the half board part of if you're indeed staying only 2 nights, your budget will still cover food. If you're staying 4 nights, Cheval Blanc should have their Infinite Bliss promotion (4th night ) free and will get you near your budget but food and transfers might put you over it a bit.

Another option is the Kudadoo. https://www.kudadoo.com
It's a proper all inclusive. Full board + all activities + spa, etc... NO limits. So if you want 5 spa treatments, not an issue. lol!
I've had clients staying at Kudadoo after having been to Cheval Blanc and they had a lovely time at Kudadoo, given its value. Came away very happy. Got them an upgrade to a two bedroom residence but that's not much of value to your needs But the team was very kind.
So if you're doing 2 nights, then I'd suggest giving this a look.

All Inclusive Rate
  • Unlimited Spa Treatments
  • Unlimited Private Diving
  • Unlimited Water Sports
  • Unlimited Private Excursions
  • Private Yoga & Meditation
  • Private Personal Trainer
  • Unlimited In Residence Dining
  • Unlimited Private Dining
  • Premium Champagnes, Wines and Beverages
  • All Non-Alcoholic Beverages

Cheers!
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 6:48 pm
formerly htang333

Oops, duplicates..edited.

Last edited by BESVISOR; Sep 17, 2019 at 6:57 pm
Old Nov 13, 2019, 7:51 am

Does anyone know which changes have been made to the Gili Lankanfushi villas? They completely rebuild the villas with pool and just redid the interior of the other ones, right?
Also wondering if some villas are better than others at Soneva Fushi (2 or less bedrooms)? We're thinking of asking to be on the sunrise side for an unobstructed view?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:25 am

Were all the villas destroyed by the fires? We had requested a sunset view, but ended up with sunrise views. The villas were lovely and we enjoyed our stay very much. I did enjoy the sunrise views very much.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by LinLant
Were all the villas destroyed by the fires? We had requested a sunset view, but ended up with sunrise views. The villas were lovely and we enjoyed our stay very much. I did enjoy the sunrise views very much.
Thanks for your reply! Heard the sunset view villas look out on the capital of the atoll which isn't very pretty...
Regarding Gili Lankanfushi, I think only a couple villas were destroyed by the fires but they used the closing of the resort to make some other changes.
LinLant likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:38 am
formerly htang333

Sorry for the late participation here

Been working on it for a client so happened to have some recent data points regarding the new categories:

Jetty 1:
  • 4 Villa Suites (18, 19, 13 & 14) will be converted into Villa Suites with Pool
  • 1 Residence (17) will be converted into a Residence with Pool

Jetty 2:
  • 2 Villa Suites (31 & 30) will be converted into Villa Suites with Pool
  • 2 Residences (32 & 33) will be converted into Family Villas with Pool
  • 1 Residence (34) will be converted into a Residence with Pool

Crusoe Residences:
  • Villa 1 – 4 will be sunset Crusoe Residences
  • Villa 5 – 7 will be Crusoe Residences with Island View
m3red and Passportinonehand like this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:06 am

Thought I'd put some pictures from our recent trip in December. Regrettably, I did a terrible job of photographing The Nautilus so have almost nothing for it. I kept waiting for the weather to clear up, but climate change had other ideas.

Joali

Kudadoo

Soneva Jani

The Naitulus

Show Printable Version
Email this Page

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.