FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Resort beach villas within a few hours of SIN? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1906887-resort-beach-villas-within-few-hours-sin.html)

JeremyZ Apr 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Resort beach villas within a few hours of SIN?

Hey all. I'm planning a trip for December, and am flying in and out of SIN. Any recommendations for a resort with decent beachfront villas within 2 or 3 hours by air? Looking to not really see or hear my neighbors on either side - something like the Langkawi FS beachfront or Bali St.Regis strand villas are what I'm thinking in terms of setup and price range (although I'm not interested in going back to Nusa Dua). Would also prefer to be near-ish to a town - not completely in the middle of nowhere. I know it's a big area I'm looking at, but figured that this crew might have some good suggestions. Thx!

FlyerEC Apr 30, 2018 4:58 pm

Amanpuri has a few villas with their tiny patch of beach - little paths to them but the main beach would be best .
Pulo has the best beach though .

Back in Phuket , Trisara also has a couple with their own beach .
Perhaps this is within your price range ..

Kagehitokiri Apr 30, 2018 9:56 pm

- rayavadee
x legian bali
x any beachfront at sri panwa?

x datai includes >
villahutandatai.com

x FS nam hai beach is 'walkable'
(only 3/5BR have pools)

as is FS jimbaran, but villa across road

JeremyZ May 1, 2018 5:58 am

Thank you! I appreciate all of these suggestions. Nam Hai is what inspired the question in the first place - looks amazing, but the one bed beach villas don’t seem to be particularly separated from the neighbor. Three bedrooms look to have privacy, but that’s probably overkill.

Hadn’t thought about Phuket because I only know it by reputation, but that’s an interesting suggestion that I’ll look at more closely. Villa Hutan is very pretty, but much more than I’m looking to spend.

For more clarity, I only need one bedroom, but would take more if necessary, and would want to keep it under US$2k/night.

ajca May 18, 2018 2:14 am

Four Seasons Koh Samui Beachfront Pool Villa would be another option close to your price point and SilkAir and Bangkok Air both have nice short direct flights from Singapore.

MSPeconomist May 18, 2018 2:20 am

Would there be any villa suites on Sentosa that would be acceptable to you, maybe a single villa built as a specialty suite at one of the better beachfront properties on the island?

chinmoylad May 18, 2018 4:01 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 29767384)
Would there be any villa suites on Sentosa that would be acceptable to you, maybe a single villa built as a specialty suite at one of the better beachfront properties on the island?

Or Sanchaya (I'm headed there in exactly a week's time).

5khours May 18, 2018 9:23 am

Originally Posted by JeremyZ (Post 29700322)
Hey all. I'm planning a trip for December, and am flying in and out of SIN. Any recommendations for a resort with decent beachfront villas within 2 or 3 hours by air? Looking to not really see or hear my neighbors on either side - something like the Langkawi FS beachfront or Bali St.Regis strand villas are what I'm thinking in terms of setup and price range (although I'm not interested in going back to Nusa Dua). Would also prefer to be near-ish to a town - not completely in the middle of nowhere. I know it's a big area I'm looking at, but figured that this crew might have some good suggestions. Thx!

I've been to most of them. If you really want something on the beach within 2 or 3 air hours, your best and and probably only option is the Intercontinental in Danang (much better than the Nam Hai in virtually every respect.)

BESVISOR May 18, 2018 6:12 pm

If Phuket is up for considerations then I'd throw the new Rosewood's Beach Pool Villas into the hat as well.

JeremyZ May 19, 2018 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by ajca (Post 29767371)
Four Seasons Koh Samui Beachfront Pool Villa would be another option close to your price point and SilkAir and Bangkok Air both have nice short direct flights from Singapore.

I was thinking about that. A big fan of FS and have heard great things about the island itself.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 29767384)

Y'know, I've been to Sentosa and didn't love it. Not particularly relaxing for me. It would be super convenient, though.

Originally Posted by chinmoylad (Post 29767563)
Or Sanchaya (I'm headed there in exactly a week's time).

Would love to hear more about that. Bintan seems very interesting, but I'm not sure if it's good interesting or bad interesting. The two bed villa at Sanchaya could work well for me.

Originally Posted by 5khours (Post 29768451)
I've been to most of them. If you really want something on the beach within 2 or 3 air hours, your best and and probably only option is the Intercontinental in Danang (much better than the Nam Hai in virtually every respect.)

Wow. Wouldn't have even considered that. Looks amazing. Those seaside villas are exactly what I'm looking for.

Originally Posted by BESVISOR (Post 29769988)
If Phuket is up for considerations then I'd throw the new Rosewood's Beach Pool Villas into the hat as well.

Early reviews seem to be fantastic. Super cool. Great suggestion.

Thanks to all of you for the great suggestions. I hadn't been active on FT for many, many years - forgot how smart this community is. Appreciate it!

FlyerEC May 19, 2018 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by JeremyZ (Post 29772399)
Y'know, I've been to Sentosa and didn't love it. Not particularly relaxing for me. It would be super convenient, though.
Would love to hear more about that. Bintan seems very interesting, but I'm not sure if it's good interesting or bad interesting. The two bed villa at Sanchaya could work well for me.
Wow. Wouldn't have even considered that. Looks amazing. Those seaside villas are exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks to all of you for the great suggestions. I hadn't been active on FT for many, many years - forgot how smart this community is. Appreciate it!

On Sentosa ( not our cup of tea either ) , some have loved the villas at Capella & while there , you can check out ‘ TBC ‘ Tanjong Beach Club pool & beach ..

Have not been , but Cempedak Private Island off Bintan ( rather Bali anytime ) maybe an interesting option if you like an eco friendly environment , amazing use of bamboo AND can manage no AC ( that is why we have not taken the time to recce )

And oh yes , thanks , we are pretty smart on FT ;)

MSPeconomist May 19, 2018 6:26 pm

I was thinking about that. A big fan of FS and have heard great things about the island itself.

I don't like Sentosa, but for the criteria of a beach near a city that's close to SIN, it's a very close obvious choice. I've gone as a day trip from Singapore, but I don't know the hotel selection.

5khours May 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Re FS Koh Samui - IMHO this is one of the best run FS resorts and very nice accommodations, but the beach is artificial and not very nice. If you're looking for a nice beach, I would cross this one off my list.

Musken May 20, 2018 1:15 am

Originally Posted by JeremyZ (Post 29702428)
Thank you! I appreciate all of these suggestions. Nam Hai is what inspired the question in the first place - looks amazing, but the one bed beach villas don’t seem to be particularly separated from the neighbor. Three bedrooms look to have privacy, but that’s probably overkill.

Hadn’t thought about Phuket because I only know it by reputation, but that’s an interesting suggestion that I’ll look at more closely. Villa Hutan is very pretty, but much more than I’m looking to spend.

For more clarity, I only need one bedroom, but would take more if necessary, and would want to keep it under US$2k/night.

FS Nam Hai is not very popular in this forum, but we had a great stay there this Easter. We were in a one BR Pool villa right at the beach with very good privacy and view, but I think the one we were in is one of the very few with such a location. We felt we were in a private villa, but still close to the main pools and other facilities. If you would like more information, please let me know.

vuittonsofstyle May 25, 2018 9:01 am

Originally Posted by BESVISOR (Post 29769988)

Have you stayed?