Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)

Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
London hotels with a wealth of detailed posts, 2013 - 2017

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1475602-london-luxury-hotel.html
Print Wikipost

London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)

Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:28 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by KatW
Others may baulk at the locale but I am ecstatic.
You're probably right! But it never hurts to have more options to choose (or reject) from
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
• Guaranteed suite upgrade at time of booking
For a standard room? JS would be nice, One Bedrrom sensational.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:12 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by offerendum
Standard room is 26 sq mt (i.e., closet size); lowest level junior suite is 39 sq mt (a standard room in my book). Not much of a deal if one cares about room size, as I do. Even the 1 br suite at 51 sq mt doesn't seem "sensational" to me. Does any Virtuoso agent know what the guaranteed upgrade is to?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Standard room is 26 sq mt (i.e., closet size); lowest level junior suite is 39 sq mt (a standard room in my book). Not much of a deal if one cares about room size, as I do. Even the 1 br suite at 51 sq mt doesn't seem "sensational" to me. Does any Virtuoso agent know what the guaranteed upgrade is to?
I agree size is not great and especially compared to my usual hotel (FS Park Lane) and their suites small. But as the standard room is "only" 420 GBP and the one bedroom suite is around 1.400 GBP such a guaranteed upgrade would be mentionable (not to use the enthusiastic term sensational). 51 sqm for 420 GBP in London at the luxury level is also not easy to find. Another question is, if you consider this hotel, e.g. it is luxurious enough.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:23 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by offerendum
Here's the clarification I got:

Booking a Superior or Deluxe Room will guarantee an upgrade to a Junior Suite, all other bookings will guarantee an upgrade to the suite category above subject to availability on the below suite categories:

Superior Room
Deluxe Room
Junior Suite
Deluxe Junior Suite
One Bedroom Suite
Park Corner Suite

So no one should ever book a Deluxe Room under the opening offer unless the Superior Room is sold out.
offerendum likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

423 26-28 superior
473 30-35 deluxe
765 39-43 junior
855 46-48 deluxe junior - not as cramped as suite
1530 51-54 suite
2025 63 park corner
5400 115 royal with butler
6300 104 penthouse with butler

GBP m2 in opening month Feb
nice they say what connects to what (guaranteed?)

funny resort rates get more discussion than city rates

what is latest with beaumont owner/manager change ?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 1, 2019 at 12:22 pm
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
It's my birthday in February, last year you all said I should stay at The Beaumont which was wonderful, but should i be considering other options this year? I'm looking at the Connaught, the Cadogan and the Milestone as other possibilities. Sauna and steam is important!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:14 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by sarahluv
It's my birthday in February, last year you all said I should stay at The Beaumont which was wonderful, but should i be considering other options this year? I'm looking at the Connaught, the Cadogan and the Milestone as other possibilities. Sauna and steam is important!
Happy New Year and early birthday!

The Connaught is always highly regarded. The Belmond will be new so there's risk and upside to it. There's no feedback on the property and service will likely be spotty in Feb. However, the Virtuoso/Bellini Club offer of booking a Deluxe Room and upgrade to a Suite is very enticing
If the Mandarin Oriental can re-open in time, it looks stunning! Connaught is probably more of a sure thing.
obscure2k, bhrubin and sarahluv like this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:31 am

Just concluding my first stay of 2019 at 45 Park Lane and it was as great as ever. Organised and arranged on the day due to a last minute business trip I still received a huge upgrade to one of their best suites and even though they didn't accompany me there were thoughtful little presents for my wife and daughter on arrival including a children's book signed by the illustrator. It's always great arriving back at a hotel and the staff on the front desk greet you by name and your suite is setup exactly the same way as last time with your favourite teas and coffees. No hiccups, no issues - just easy and stress free. They pulled it altogether in four hours magnificently. It sounds really simple and quaint but the best detail of this stay was getting into bed to find a hot water bottle in there that said, "It's the little things in life." On a cold winter night in London it was perfect.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:49 am

How about the Lanesborough? They’ve got probably the best spa in London.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:16 am

The Connaught does not have a sauna, only steam room. The Lanesborough has both, although they are separate-sex; The Bulgari has a shared steam room, yet separate-sex sauna. I love The Beaumont, but I wouldn't consider it for their spa - it's too small, cold and lifeless. The Cadogan is a new hotel, so whilst I will be stupid enough to go there, likely very close to opening, I would not recommend you do. I am not familiar with either Cadogan's or Milestone's spa facilities, or whether they even have them. I would go either Connaught or Lanesborough.
offerendum, FlyerEC and sarahluv like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
The Connaught does not have a sauna, only steam room. The Lanesborough has both, although they are separate-sex; The Bulgari has a shared steam room, yet separate-sex sauna. I love The Beaumont, but I wouldn't consider it for their spa - it's too small, cold and lifeless. The Cadogan is a new hotel, so whilst I will be stupid enough to go there, likely very close to opening, I would not recommend you do. I am not familiar with either Cadogan's or Milestone's spa facilities, or whether they even have them. I would go either Connaught or Lanesborough.
Thank you! The single sex facilities really put me off the Lanesborough, not much use if you are going for a romantic trip with an opposite sex partner!

Last edited by sarahluv; Jan 5, 2019 at 6:17 pm Reason: accidental hetronormativity!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you! The single sex facilities really put me off the Lanesborough, not much use if you are going for a romantic trip with a partner!
Definitely! I don't use saunas or steam rooms and especially not naked. But if it's done this way 3 alternates are the way to go.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:05 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Thank you! The single sex facilities really put me off the Lanesborough, not much use if you are going for a romantic trip with a partner!
Finally. An advantage for same sex couples! Or at least the ones with both partners liking spas, anyway.
sarahluv and CappuccinoAddict like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhrubin

Finally. An advantage for same sex couples! Or at least the ones with both partners liking spas, anyway.
That's what I thought😉
bhrubin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.