Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)

Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
London hotels with a wealth of detailed posts, 2013 - 2017

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1475602-london-luxury-hotel.html
Print Wikipost

London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)

Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Lanesborough still
Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
I'd say the Beaumont, great service, great breakfast, good steam and sauna, house car to take you within a mile of the hotel, 2 mins to the tube, right beside oxford street and plenty of food options.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:00 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
short walk from a Piccadilly line tube stop (to get there from airport)
If the distance to a tube stop on the Piccadilly line is key, then you could add The Stafford London to your short list. If you cut across at the right spot out of Green Park it is less than a 3 minute walk. Like many top London Hotels they are very festive with lights and trees etc but with more of a townhouse feel than others on your list.
EmpressRouge likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Four Seasons Trinity

Just checked in for 8 nights yesterday. I booked an Executive Room as I thought it was the best value, at check in they told me the next category Deluxe Suite was not available. Was offered a paid upgrade (first time at a FS) to a Heritage Suite for 450 GBP per night. While the price is not bad I denined as I think I wouldn´t get the full value of it as we are not that much in our room. Also was not really blown away by the suite, but I nevertheless start to regret it as I´m simply not the room type
The hardware is overall very nice (my room and also the Heritage suite I saw are quite dark), especially the SPA and the public areas. Breakfast is not too great, one time they cleaned our table before we were ready. So far location was in our favor as we did tower region and Greenwich.

Last edited by offerendum; Sep 1, 2019 at 10:37 am
Old Sep 1, 2019, 11:19 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Thanks @offerendum.

So far, few have shared details about the FS Trinity that entice me to ever bother to stay.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Thanks @offerendum.

So far, few have shared details about the FS Trinity that entice me to ever bother to stay.
The building is really spectacular, no question. But I know there are others and prices are quite good.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:43 pm

The one-bedroom deluxe suite has a good lay-out and excellent value. There is only one in this category and it’s my favorite choice as specialty suites are bland and dark at the same time.
offerendum likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
as specialty suites are bland and dark at the same time.
This was my problem and 4000 € more isn't such a bagain, even if I sometimes think it's only a small amount when I see my bills
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:04 am

Which hotels to stay with a kid?

Hi all, plan a trip next January and wonder which hotels are good to stay with a child, in standard room, not suite. Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO; DL GLD
Originally Posted by kevin.cash
Hi all, plan a trip next January and wonder which hotels are good to stay with a child, in standard room, not suite. Thanks!
Some preliminary questions: How old is the child and sleeping arrangement, i.e. two Queens/doubles; what museums/activities are you definitely looking to do and is walking proximity to them important; do you want it to be a "Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament" location or more of a relaxed, neighborhood one?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I finished up a four night stay at the Connaught last month and it was outstanding. I don’t go to London much but at this point, I’ve done the Lanesborough, Edition and Rosewood and the Connaught is easily #1.

We checked in two hours early (1p) and our room wasn’t ready - they comped us a lunch at JG even though they didn’t have to. Service was was top notch the entire stay, continuously being greeted by last name by doormen, Butler and the front of the house - in addition to that they really go out of their way to prioritize in house guest, especially at the Connaught Bar (adding seats when it was packed for us).

The concierge was the best I’ve dealt with, they booked Scott’s and Four Seasons for us and made a host of other very good recommendations. They also were really helpful in coordinating plane side pick up for inbound relatives that were staying with us.

Rooms were clean and modern (contemporary wing) although you could see the wear & tear despite the recent renovation and breakfast was very generous.

Mayfair is way more pleasant than Knightsbridge - the Lanesborough used to be my go to for vacations but the Connaught has easily trumped it in every aspect and I won’t be looking back.
EuropeanPete and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Kent
Some preliminary questions: How old is the child and sleeping arrangement, i.e. two Queens/doubles; what museums/activities are you definitely looking to do and is walking proximity to them important; do you want it to be a "Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament" location or more of a relaxed, neighborhood one?
Thanks for the opp to clarify. I am mostly concerned about the sizes of the standard rooms, especially when staying with a kid aged 8. 2 double bed will be nice. Location wise, we are not picky, as long as it is easy to get around. Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the opp to clarify. I am mostly concerned about the sizes of the standard rooms, especially when staying with a kid aged 8. 2 double bed will be nice. Location wise, we are not picky, as long as it is easy to get around. Thanks.
2 double beds are rarely in rooms as they are not very common in Europe. To be fair I was not so happy that bed at FS Trinity was only 180 cm, not what I'm used to. Same at FS Hampshire.....
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO; DL GLD
Have you considered getting connecting rooms?

I'm a big fan of Firmdale hotels and they have good connecting options at the Covent Garden. Alternatively you could do The Haymarket. Their Junior Suites are ~500 sq ft and can accommodate a roll-away bed for your 8 year old.

Best options with 2 queens in the room, with the caveat that I realize this is the Luxury Hotels forum, are:

The Trafalgar St. James, which is a Hilton Curio hotel, and The Marriott County Hall.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Outside the top tier, how would you rank The Savoy v Rosewood v The Goring v Langham v FS Trinity? Thanks. Considering (probably a bad idea) trying somewhere new.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.