Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris luxury hotel with 2 kids

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United
Amazing insights. I am using my regular agent to get the quotes. Got the quotes back from some of these hotels.

Le Bristol is quoting two deluxe rooms for €1900/night for 2 rooms and will give one night free out of 6!

Shangri-la we are looking at the Pay2 for 3 offer but it looks like the options are only for a terrace room to connect with deluxe room. €2000 for 2 rooms but 2 days free. Free airport transfer, potential upgrade, spa credit, etc. This deal is looking like the best.

Mandarin - €2200/night for two rooms.

Peninsula - I saw rooms at $800/night, so $1600/night/day but its via Expedia. I am not sure I want to use Expedia to do this booking.

Park Hyatt - €1700 for two rooms. Includes upgrade and free breakfast.

Re: Four Seasons - the issue is that we are 4 and not 3 people. Unlike the US where a lot of high-end hotels accommodate us in 1 room, it looks like 5 star hotels in Paris dont work that way. So, 4 seasons quote for 2 rooms will probably be in the €3000 range/night.

Re: OneFineStay - hadnt heard of them and will check them out.

Re: Virtuoso - not sure what I can get better than my current agent? I do have the feeling that my agent is being pitched
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:31 pm

I would choose Le Bristol, but push for upgrades. You could even get lucky and end up in a Junior Suite or entry level suite + connecting room.

Of course, you should be getting breakfast included as well.

If you are already working with a TA, I wouldn’t change to anyone else. Just have your TA negotiate on your behalf. Your TA should be aware of consrtia and what benefits are typically offered.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Welcome to Paris! Nothing regarding luxurx is cheap in Paris and if you find a decent room under 1000 € per night it's a good deal. Shangri-La had not only 3rd night free but also guaranteed upgrades. Could work out to get 2 rooms for around 1500€. Food is as I believe at all Parisian hotels totally overpriced. But on budget dOn't eat at the hotel.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:13 pm

Maybe also check Pavillon de la Reine which is well regarded, has a family suite and is in a great location. Only serves breakfast though. Again, with kids that age location should be a very important criteria.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by erik123
Maybe also check Pavillon de la Reine which is well regarded, has a family suite and is in a great location. Only serves breakfast though. Again, with kids that age location should be a very important criteria.
Pavillion de la Reine is a good suggestion, because it is right next to the Place des Vosges, so some space for them to play. It's less expensive than the palace hotels. It's also nice being in a [gentrified] neighborhood in the Marais in Paris because you feel like you are staying in the real Paris, rather than in a palace surrounded by art galleries and jewelry stores, which is how the 1st arrondissement can feel.

In the 1st the Meurice is good because it is opposite the Tuileries garden. Again room for your children to run around. They have family packages.

If your budget doesn't stretch to Le Meurice, have a look at the Hotel Costes which is just around the corner. The Hotel Costes does have a bit of a scene with the beautiful people and le tout Paris and service can be quite Parisien (ie. either brilliant or bad), but the hotel is well located and the hotel is lovely although a little dark. It is not a palace hotel, but would be considered a luxury hotel in most cities of the world, and is less expensive than the palace hotels.

Also look at the Park Hyatt for hyatt advance purchase discounts or to use Hyatt points. Again a great location for the Park Hyatt, near the Tuileries and next to the Place Vendome.
Travlur likes this.

Last edited by QF Lad; Apr 19, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:33 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by QF Lad
Pavillion de la Reine is a good suggestion, because it is right next to the Place des Vosges, so some space for them to play. It's less expensive than the palace hotels. It's also nice being in a [gentrified] neighborhood in the Marais in Paris because you feel like you are staying in the real Paris, rather than in a palace surrounded by art galleries and jewelry stores, which is how the 1st arrondissement can feel.

In the 1st the Meurice is good because it is opposite the Tuileries garden. Again room for your children to run around. They have family packages.

If your budget doesn't stretch to Le Meurice, have a look at the Hotel Costes which is just around the corner. The Hotel Costes does have a bit of a scene with the beautiful people and le tout Paris and service can be quite Parisien (ie. either brilliant or bad), but the hotel is well located and the hotel is lovely although a little dark. It is not a palace hotel, but would be considered a luxury hotel in most cities of the world, and is less expensive than the palace hotels.

Also look at the Park Hyatt for hyatt advance purchase discounts or to use Hyatt points. Again a great location for the Park Hyatt, near the Tuileries and next to the Place Vendome.
Re: Hotel Costes: Worth mentioning that they have a pool. I stayed at Costes shortly after it opened and asked for a tour of the hotel. I recall seeing some very nice suites. Location is good. The bar is where one will find the beautiful people scene, so unlikely kids will be hanging out there. When our kids were younger, we had a great stay at the Meurice and they loved the Tuilleries.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:42 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by erik123
It's been many years since I've stayed here but I love the hotel and love the location. Place des Vosges is one of my favorite places in Paris. And the area surrounding the hotel is a great walking neighborhood with lots of small museums and cozy restaurants.
KatW and obscure2k like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
It's known around here that I'm a big fan of Le Meurice - it's a great price point relative to other palace hotels, has an excellent location, very warm service (Le Bristol stands out here as well), and one of the best breakfasts I've ever had in an absolutely stunning dining room. Based on our interactions I imagine they would deal great with children as well; same goes for Le Bristol.

(Note: My opinions of all palace Paris hotels with the exception of the Park Hyatt and Le Meurice are based on extensive site tours done when organizing our wedding)
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:42 pm
Original Member

What I Really Think About Hotel For Family in Paris

If you've a very great deal of money to blow in happy fashion, I'd book Le Bristol. It will be superb for your kids and for you. This hotel is utterly gaga about families/kids.

If you're less comfortable blowing it out, look to some of the other suggestions here. Kids in tow change the nature of any hotel stay.

MikeFromTokyo and QPRfan like this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by nealsense
Amazing insights. I am using my regular agent to get the quotes. Got the quotes back from some of these hotels.

Le Bristol is quoting two deluxe rooms for €1900/night for 2 rooms and will give one night free out of 6!

Shangri-la we are looking at the Pay2 for 3 offer but it looks like the options are only for a terrace room to connect with deluxe room. €2000 for 2 rooms but 2 days free. Free airport transfer, potential upgrade, spa credit, etc. This deal is looking like the best.

Mandarin - €2200/night for two rooms.

Peninsula - I saw rooms at $800/night, so $1600/night/day but its via Expedia. I am not sure I want to use Expedia to do this booking.

Park Hyatt - €1700 for two rooms. Includes upgrade and free breakfast.

Re: Four Seasons - the issue is that we are 4 and not 3 people. Unlike the US where a lot of high-end hotels accommodate us in 1 room, it looks like 5 star hotels in Paris dont work that way. So, 4 seasons quote for 2 rooms will probably be in the €3000 range/night.

Re: OneFineStay - hadnt heard of them and will check them out.

Re: Virtuoso - not sure what I can get better than my current agent? I do have the feeling that my agent is being pitched
For the prices you found, I would be tempted to go with Le Bristol or Park Hyatt (in that order). We just left the Ritz Paris, and didn't see anyone under 20ish there during our stay. I'm not saying that means they are not kid-friendly, but the lack of children was noticeable. We have frequently seen families at the Park Hyatt. Just an observation though, not saying that one is better than another for families. As was already said, the palace hotels are definitely not cheap for families.
QF Lad likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:47 am

Park Hyatt hotels have a rate plan that offers a connecting room at 50% off of BAR including breakfast if occupied by minor children in conjunction with parents’ room if paying BAR. The €1700 seems a little high for two rooms at this hotel.
Are you sure your TA is actually contacting properties and enquiring about family rate plans, and not simply quoting BAR*2 rooms?

If you are not satisfied with what you are being offered, there are some very good TAs on this forum who will get you the best deals. Otherwise, I would suggest calling some reservations departments directly and seeing what they can offer you.

Never accept rates quoted to you from a single source without double checking, unless you have complete confidence in your TA.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Apr 20, 2018 at 8:55 am
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: United
What great feedback and I can't thank the community enough. Re: TA - I think there was some issue with them just getting rates from hotels who mostly started quoting suites attached to regular rooms. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to call each of those hotels and negotiate but I did call the Peninsula. We are big fans of the hotel group and they also have a pool (important for our kids).

Re: Le Bristol - It's amazing to see how many people like it and how kid friendly it seems. Unfortunately, our style is more modern/clean and bit minimalistic. So, ornate/old school hotels are not a good fit and I just couldn't come to terms with the rooms at Le Bristol for €2000/night. That's the reason we didnt go for Four Seasons or Ritz.

Re: Le Meurice & Hotel Costes - you will be surprised to hear that for a family of 4 they are all nearly €2000/night.

Re: Park Hyatt - I couldnt get myself to pay €1750/night for Hyatt that has mixed reviews.

In the end, we ended up going with the Peninsula and the rate is a little cheaper than Hyatt as they gave us 4th night free for booking 6 nights. I am sure if I called some of the other hotels, I could have probably gotten a similar deal but we are happy with at least the reviews that we have read about tPeninsulaual. Again, thank you so much for all your advice/suggestions.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:20 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
I have not been to the Peninsula in Paris, but have been to many of their other hotels. The Peninsula brand is great for kids!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:57 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Ericka
I have not been to the Peninsula in Paris, but have been to many of their other hotels. The Peninsula brand is great for kids!
It's come along way from a very difficult opening in Paris..... much like Shangri-la, whom I still think with the views of the Eiffel Tower from so many parts of the hotel and various terraces would be just a little more magical. And 4 for 6 vs 5 for 6 at Pen.
offerendum and MikeFromTokyo like this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

at SL, lower level rooms may open up or be available via manager, also possibly confirmed upgrades etc
(and same especially re lower level rooms if currently sold out, at other properties, but more a later change thing)

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
And I know you said you don't like AirBnB, but maybe have a look at OneFineStay (although it seems they've gone crazy lately and just added a bunch of villas that already exist on a thousand other sites).
which (onefinestay) is basically airbnb, but gives commission to travel agents, like some villa brokers

it went crazy long ago in terms of size (especially vs employees, especially outside of london) as well as dropping search options

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 20, 2018 at 6:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.