Search

Hurghada vs Ras Al Khaimah vs Saadiyat Island vs Muscat

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Hurghada vs Ras Al Khaimah vs Saadiyat Island vs Muscat

Interested in thoughts on which location has the nicest beaches for simply relaxing for a week at either the Oberoi property, new RC at RAK beach or one of the villas at PH Saadiyat? Another potential option could be Muscat at the newly re-opened RC but not sure how Muscat's beach actually is compared to these other areas!

Many thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:43 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Heard good stuff about Oberoi Ajman.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:54 am

I've been to all seven Emirates on a driving trip, starting in Abu Dhabi. That was one of our best trips. We stayed at the Park Hyatt on Saadiyat, next door to the St Regis. The beach was great for long walks but not for swimming and it's prone to seasonal oil and tar - our feet got covered in it. Ras al Khaimah and Ajman were both over-run by Russian tourists.

Given a choice, Muscat is a no-brainer, especially if combined with a mountain resort or possibly the wonderful Musandam Peninsula. I'd go back there in a flash, if only to stock up again on the best Iranian saffron, smuggled over and sold at bargain prices.

There's a new Jumeirah hotel in Kuwait, right on the beach which looks promising. No alcohol there of course.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:11 am

Oman by far is the most beautiful country in the Gulf with the best beaches.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Heard good stuff about Oberoi Ajman.
It's stunning - best beach I have ever seen in the region, too.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by speedbird001
Oman by far is the most beautiful country in the Gulf with the best beaches.
I’ve only stayed at The Chedi, amazing property but the beach is poor. Rocky and there the water wasn’t that clean - my home beach in Abu Dhabi is much better.
So if beach is important to you, don’t stay at the Chedi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.