Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Your favourite luxury non-chain hotel in Europe

Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I posted a thread in the Europe forum that garnered a comment saying asking the question was bizarre. Perhaps an amended thread here (not a cross-posting) will get some more interesting answers.

So what is your favourite luxury non-chain hotel in Europe? For criteria, it cannot be a hotel that awards you points in any program other than points you perhaps get from using a credit card to pay for the hotel. The hotel itself cannot be a member of any points program. The only exception would be a hotel which has its own 'loyalty program' that rewards return visitors but cannot be used at any other hotel at all.

You can only choose one. Yes,, I know that may be very hard to do but that's the criteria you have to follow. One choice per person, your 'if I have to choose, this is the one' choice.

A brief description if you wish of why this one is your number one choice.

Include a link to the hotel's website if possible.

I have a very hard time picking just one myself but 'if I had to choose', this is the one. https://www.giessbach.ch/en/home.html

I chose that one because it is the only luxury hotel I know of where you can go to sleep with the balcony doors open and the sound of a waterfall lulling you to sleep.

Buy hey, maybe you have a 5 star choice that is as unique for different reasons. What's your, 'if I have to choose only one' favourite?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:41 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I believe that this thread is still more appropriate for the Europe Forum.
Thus, I am locking this thread.
Obscure2k
co-moderator
Luxury Hotels and Travel

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.