IHG Hong Kong to Rerebrand to the Regent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Hong Kong to Rerebrand to the Regent

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Originally, that property was a Peninsula (you can tell by the lobby design with the high ceiling and balcony), then it became a Regent, but managed by Four Seasons, then, when it was under GM Patrick Ghielmetti, they officially changed the name to Four Seasons, then it became Anantara Siam.
And the shopping next door is called the Peninsula Plaza
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
And let's not forget The Regent Beverly Wilshire
Good heavens no! In my working life I stayed many, many times and always had one of their poolside cabanas. The pool itself was probably a bit small and was modelled I think on Sophia Loren's. Hernando Courtright owned it when I first went there. I loved the little cobbled road between the two wings and the Brentano's bookstore off the lobby.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Pausanias
Good heavens no! In my working life I stayed many, many times and always had one of their poolside cabanas. The pool itself was probably a bit small and was modelled I think on Sophia Loren's. Hernando Courtright owned it when I first went there. I loved the little cobbled road between the two wings and the Brentano's bookstore off the lobby.
Do you recall that when Georg Rafael, Adrian Zecha and Bob Burns ran Regent, your welcome room amenity at The Regent Beverly Wilshire was a 3-tier glass stack containing fresh strawberries, double cream and sugar.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

new world & FS sold hotel to IC in 2001, IC sold hotel in 2015

regent singapore is still managed by FS, presumably IHG will change that

(speaking of brand changes, seems accor is planning Orient Express hotels)

seems unlikely that there will ever be a "chain" the likes of which were seen in the past. thankfully hope remains for individual properties due to great owners. good owners helped chains, when chains were owned by individuals and they also owned more of their properties. although if aman does not dramatically increase size of properties, that will remain unique.

those here who experienced the golden eras as well as visiting places before they became developed had fortunate timing.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 27, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
And the shopping next door is called the Peninsula Plaza
A friend of mine has taken over The Peninsula Plaza, and it is very exciting to see its revival as a great place for shopping and dining. I am told the new Thai noodles at Provence Cafe particularly good, so that’s something I am going to check out.
FlyerEC and MSPeconomist like this.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Mar 29, 2018 at 6:01 pm
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by Larkin
The Regent Hong Kong was incredible.
+1
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 5khours
+1
Back in Regent's heyday for the brand, i think it was Four Seasons is where you take your family, Ritz-Carlton is where you have your board meeting or host a client dinner, Regent is where you get a hotel room with your girlfriend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.