Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Si, Si Auberge's Chileno Bay in Cabo

Si, Si Auberge's Chileno Bay in Cabo

Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:56 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
are there any "ocean front villa with pool" ?

KatW, "3BR ocean view with pool" in concha ?
thanks for detailed review and starting thread !
concha seems slightly more private than bahia
Yes, Concha the most private -- skinny dipping in the private pool!
It also is further away from resort facilities (restaurants, spa, gym, etc.) but we didn't care.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Priv, Oetker Pearl, etc.
[QUOTE=Kagehitokiri;30230909]are there any "ocean front villa with pool" ?/QUOTE]

Yes... Three, Four, and Six Bedroom Oceanfront Villas with Pool.

Three Bedroom Oceanfront Villa with Pool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKuo...ature=youtu.be

Four Bedroom Oceanfront Villa with Pool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmj9...ature=youtu.be

Brisa Del Mar Six Bedroom Oceanfront Villa with Pool
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks! concha and bahia (agave too?)
booked up and or owners dont rent much
unless selling & including with ocean view
also unclear re 4BR when theyre lock-out
nice there is not much of a rate 'premium'

brisa is the only house [not condo] runs 5 figures

edit >
i saw no dates with "ocean front with pool"
but may just not be in online reservations
youtube are concha and bahia respectively

brisas >
spiral staircase vs doors and lockoffs
"A six-bedroom oceanfront master villa."
vs >
"story building that contains a collection of villas"
chilenobayresidences.com/siteplan

rooftops (in inventory yet?) may be more private

Originally Posted by welch
We stayed in the ocean front, ground floor room in Bahia (a lock off) that had a clear view of the pool at Concha. There was a group of women staying at the Concha villa the nights we were in the Bahia room and another group in the Concha villa right next to us making for a few "lively" late nights.
connecting next to (multibedroom) pool is interesting..
(st regis punta mita does same thing for example)
ideal to book all bedrooms, auberge rates are 'good'

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 25, 2018 at 8:09 pm
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:09 pm

Not sure if it's clear that Agave is not rented and Brisas del Mar is only rented as a single rental.

We stayed in the ocean front, ground floor room in Bahia (a lock off) that had a clear view of the pool at Concha. There was a group of women staying at the Concha villa the nights we were in the Bahia room and another group in the Concha villa right next to us making for a few "lively" late nights.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:55 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Puzzled over assertion of clesr view of Concha pool. Mayhap confused as to villa names.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

presumably >
Originally Posted by welch
We stayed in the ocean front, ground floor room in Bahia (a lock off) that had a clear view of the pool at Concha. There was a group of women staying at the Concha villa the nights we were in the Bahia room and another group in the [bahia] villa right next to us making for a few "lively" late nights.
bahia is between the public areas of resort and concha
seems bahia / concha / agave lockoffs are on left/north
chilenobayresidences.com/floorplans

above youtube and resort map show >
youtube.com/watch?v=Rmj9otyAK3M&t=46s
youtube.com/watch?v=GKuozghZmFE&t=44s

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 17, 2018 at 1:27 pm
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:19 pm

Here now at Auberge chileno

Great resort!

Reminds me of Esperanza but with addition of swimmable beach- which really makes a huge difference.

We we are in Estrella building which is ideal location
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by off2rome
Great resort!

Reminds me of Esperanza but with addition of swimmable beach- which really makes a huge difference.

We we are in Estrella building which is ideal location
Is Estrella considered Ocenview or Oceanfront? I think the one I rented is considered ocean view. I am hoping I could request Estrella. Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Valveking

Is Estrella considered Ocenview or Oceanfront? I think the one I rented is considered ocean view. I am hoping I could request Estrella. Thanks.
Hi there- it is considered Ocean View. We had the 3 br villa on second level that was great- centrally located with great view- but still private.

also- went to dinner one night at Montage at Marea- the grilled lobster was AWESOME!

Last edited by off2rome; Oct 17, 2018 at 11:13 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by off2rome
Hi there- it is considered Ocean View. We had the 3 br villa on second level that was great- centrally located with great view- but still private.

also- went to dinner one night at Montage at Marea- the grilled lobster was AWESOME!
Thanks. That is the same category I have booked. Would love to hear a comparison with the new Montage up the road. Have a great trip!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:27 am

We just spent a few days at Esperanza in a villa there and did a fair amount of visiting the new luxury resorts in Cabo. We visited Chileno Bay and had a fantastic meal at Comal there. They let us tour a couple of villas while we were there because we had a reservation for a 3 bedroom Oceanview villa for spring break with our kids. After the tour, we decided to change our reservation to Esperanza. We didn't like the views from the Villas at all. The 3 bedroom Oceanview villas are contained in the Dorado, Fresco and Estrella buildings. Of those 3, Estrella is far the best. It has an interior view of the resort while the other 2 buildings look out over a nasty dirt and sandy area that leads to the public beach. The villas themselves are very attractive in a modern, minimalist style. The 2 oceanfront buildings would be the best obviously, but they are not all that private either. You can clearly see the pools from the rooms above and from other parts of the resort.

The other issue is the construction noise which was clearly audible when you are at the lovely pool area. Suffice to say, we liked the resort very much. The food is good, but I would be very picky about the building they put you in and wait until the massive construction project in the back of the resort is completed.

We also had dinner at the new Montage. We ate at their oceanfront restaurant Marea which was also very good. Honestly, the resort feels similar to Chileno Bay. I would not be surprised if they both used the same architect.Both of them are on very busy public beaches that are swimmable which is rare in Cabo. Both of these resorts have beautiful pool areas and are great additions to Cabo.

We went back to dinner at the ever lovely Las Ventanas which was wonderful and stylish as always, but I have to admit that I was shocked by their food and wine prices. They have gotten completely out of hand.

Esperanza is still our favorite after several visits. It has the best views and the barefoot luxury lifestyle is the most appealing to us.

Soon to be opening are the RC Reserve and The Four Seasons on the East Cape which both look to be fabulous additions in 2019. I just wonder if there is a glut of luxury options forming. Who knows? Maybe the market can support them all.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:39 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Valveking
Soon to be opening are the RC Reserve and The Four Seasons on the East Cape which both look to be fabulous additions in 2019. I just wonder if there is a glut of luxury options forming. Who knows? Maybe the market can support them all.
The silver lining in market saturation could be more offers and discounts resulting in less expensive stays. The Cabo location benefits from its mostly non-stop proximity to LA, SF, Seattle and Vancouver; and Anchorage, relative to other Mexican destinations. Most of those U.S. embarcation points provide access to well-heeled travelers from the technology and entertainment industries.

We have repaired to a number of Cabo resorts; in the luxury category, I would rate them thusly:
1. Las Ventanas
2. Chileno Bay
3. Esperanza
Never Again: Pedregal

We love the zocalo-located Casa Natalia in San Jose del Cabo for a non-beach, non-luxury venue. It offers day trips to the beach.

Agreed prices at Ventanas begin to spiral out of the range if affordability even for those accustomed to the cost of high-end travel.

The one extant locale we eschew, although never experienced, is Palmilla because of its family emphasis.

Of the soon-to-be resorts opening this year, I am up for trying Aman, Four Seasons and RC.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 8:53 pm
Community Director Emerita

We had a meal at El Comal and were very impressed. The view is superb, though given that it opens as the sun is setting there wasn't a great deal of time to enjoy it. Decor was contemporary and comfortable. Service was exceptional, as it was at other high end resorts in Cabo. And the food was excellent.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We had a meal at El Comal and were very impressed. The view is superb, though given that it opens as the sun is setting there wasn't a great deal of time to enjoy it. Decor was contemporary and comfortable. Service was exceptional, as it was at other high end resorts in Cabo. And the food was excellent.
Yeah Comal is really good. Certainly one of the best in Cabo right now. We will be going back to Esperanza in a few weeks and have already booked Comal. Esperanza and Chileno Bay have a shuttle back and forth every 30 minutes which is nice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.