Singapore Hotels - Luxury and Trendy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion - VS Gold - SPG Plat - IHG Plat, Hhonors Diamond -A3 Gold-EK Gold

Hi All

I am travelling towards the end of March to Singapore. While i have visited a number of times, i have only stayed at the St Regis and the Four Seasons hotel. Great hotels and if nothing comes out of this thread i will rebook to one of the two.

Though this will be a quick 2-3 day trip, i thought that it wouldn't hurt to ask here whether Singapore offers any high end yet Trendy hotels.
What i mean when i say trendy..hmm i guess it is somewhere where there is a nice vibe, a cool bar. or something similar.

Sentosa is not my place really, and i will be travelling on my own for business, so any recommendations (but sentosa island) will be much appreciated!
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Maybe Vegabond Club?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:31 pm

Vagabond might be too quiet and boutique-y. I assume OP wants a see and be-seen kind of place. Fullerton Bay, perhaps?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion - VS Gold - SPG Plat - IHG Plat, Hhonors Diamond -A3 Gold-EK Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Vagabond might be too quiet and boutique-y. I assume OP wants a see and be-seen kind of place. Fullerton Bay, perhaps?
I have checked Fullerton Bay, and i also have FHR benefits there. It does seem a bit too hectic though there, rather than eclectic (don't get me wrong, it is luxurious of course)
What i had in mind is something like what the Hamyard hotel is in London, or the Chiltern where the Bar was happening. Or a Sanderson like hotel which is both luxurious and used to have quite a trendy bar and feel.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:00 pm

The bar at the Vagabond was quite the dynamic scene on all three nights of my stay; it seems to be popular with locals. I would not place Vagabond in the same league as the Ham Yard. The Vagabond is enjoyably funky with surprisingly good service; but, it is certainly not a luxury hotel. The staff are splendid and fun, but there's not enough of them. My room was beautifully decorated but was comically tight. The lack of a proper restaurant was a sore point, though the nearly adjacent food courts got rave reviews from my fellow guests. Despite Vagabond's luxury shortcomings, I would still prefer it over any of Singapore's luxury options. As has been discussed ad nauseam, SG's luxury hotels are a staid, boring, mediocre lot.

There seems to be an anticipatory buzz about the Duxton.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vaterland
The bar at the Vagabond was quite the dynamic scene on all three nights of my stay; it seems to be popular with locals. I would not place Vagabond in the same league as the Ham Yard. The Vagabond is enjoyably funky with surprisingly good service; but, it is certainly not a luxury hotel. The staff are splendid and fun, but there's not enough of them. My room was beautifully decorated but was comically tight. The lack of a proper restaurant was a sore point, though the nearly adjacent food courts got rave reviews from my fellow guests. Despite Vagabond's luxury shortcomings, I would still prefer it over any of Singapore's luxury options. As has been discussed ad nauseam, SG's luxury hotels are a staid, boring, mediocre lot.

There seems to be an anticipatory buzz about the Duxton.
Thank you Vaterland. Well then it seems like it will have to be St Regis again, or maybe try the Mandarin due to the nice benefits i get with Centurion.
Duxton club i checked, but still not open.

Anyway, in case anyone else has any recommendations, still have a few days before i need to book.

D
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: SIA PPS
The Warehouse Hotel in Robertson Quay could be worth your consideration. It's a boutique hotel opened by Lo and Behold Group which runs a lot of the top restaurants. Robertson Quay also has a number of bars and restaurants and the hotel bar at Warehouse Hotel has a nice vibe with unique cocktails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.