Reload this Page >

9 Hornbills Resort near Phuket and other Phuket/Krabi/Phang Nga options

Old Feb 4, 18, 1:59 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too

Curious if anyone has had any experience with the 9 Hornbills Resort on Yao Noi island between Phuket and Krabi.

The pictures of the "tents" look beautiful, and it appears to be relatively well-priced for a sizeable villa with a private pool and good views. And there are a handful--but only a handful--of glowing reviews on TA and elsewhere, but I haven't seen any discussion on FT (a crowd I tend to trust more). Adults only is also a plus in my book.

But, I'm mainly worried about getting bored (or spending a fortune on excursions) as both it and the Koyao Resort it is affiliated with are small, so it would seem there's not a ton to do on site.

I would also welcome any recommendations on other good options in the area ... I see lots of recommendations for Trisara and Amanpuri, and a few votes for Phulay Bay, but I'm trying to find something with a private plunge pool and ideally a view under $1K a night in peak season (January), which none of those offer. Also curious to do a boat excursion around some of the scenic smaller islands in Phang Nga Bay / the Phi Phis / etc., so focusing more on the east coast of Phuket, the smaller islands, or Krabi.

Pimalai, Sri Panwa and Rayavadee are others on the short list at the moment.

Top priority for me is probably good food, especially Thai food, on site and a reasonable amount of resort activities (pools, beach, etc.) -- this is meant to be the relaxing section of a bigger trip, so will probably spend most of a 4-day stay at the chosen resort. Perfect "luxury" execution and physical plant somewhat farther down the list than those things. For example, we stayed at the Anantara Villas on Phuket a few years ago which isn't a 5-star resort but we enjoyed it a lot, with nice spacious villas and IMO very good Thai food.
Old Apr 2, 18, 10:50 am

I'm actually thinking of going here in a month or so. The rates are pretty good and the resort looks great.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: