Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanzoe (Greece) v. Aman Sveti Stefan (Montenegro)

Amanzoe (Greece) v. Aman Sveti Stefan (Montenegro)

Old May 12, 2018, 3:26 pm

Sorry if this is slightly beyond the scope of this thread, but we've decided to do a Greece trip (definitely including Amanzoe) next May/June and have been debating between doing Santorini+Amanzoe or Sveti Stefan+Amanzoe... Any thoughts?

Particularly interested in any ideas on itinerary logistics, etc.
Old May 12, 2018, 4:26 pm

Two years ago we did exactly that: Athens - Santorini - Amanzoe and it worked fairly seamlessly.
Stayed a few nights in Athens, then took a mid-morning (IIRC) flight to Santorini, spent 4 or 5 nights there, took a morning flight back to Athens, and then self-drove to Amanzoe (a pleasant enough couple hours). Stayed 4 or 5 nights there (which we LOVED), and then checked out late’ish the last day, drove back to Athens and stayed at the airport hotel before flying out on the first morning flight.

Last edited by aa213bb; May 13, 2018 at 11:06 am
Old May 12, 2018, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by aa213bb
Two years ago we did exactly that: Athens - Santorini - Amanzoe and it worked fairly seamlessly.
Stayed a few nights in Athens, then took a mid-morning (IIRC) flight to Santorini, spent 4 or 5 nights there, took a morning flight back to Athens, and then self-drove to Amanzoe (a pleasant enough couple hours). Stayed 4 or 5 nights there (which we LOVED), and then checked out late’ish the last day, drove back to Athens and stayed at the airport hotel before flying out on the first morning flight.

Thanks! Glad to hear that wasn't painful... We were going to ask Aman if there are helicopter or charter options, but I suspect they'll be priced outside of our range, so good to know that the default way is easy enough!
Old May 12, 2018, 8:02 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by kurl
Thanks! Glad to hear that wasn't painful... We were going to ask Aman if there are helicopter or charter options, but I suspect they'll be priced outside of our range, so good to know that the default way is easy enough!
I had inquired the heli transfer for another client last year and if I recall correctly (Strictly by memory so it's my best guess) it's maybe around EU2,000 per each way...someone here may know of the current rate.

I also second that Santorini and Zoe would be a good combo. Zoe and Santorini are two different experiences to some degree so it would make sense to visit both as you're basically within vicinity. Also, I'd say 4 nights at Zoe, minimum. Clients who have stayed less than 4 always regret it.
Old May 12, 2018, 10:14 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
The Aman one is priced quite high, but you can go via a separate supplier and get it slightly cheaper (but not much).
Old May 13, 2018, 3:32 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

This is what I was quoted in 2016.. I'm sure rates have only gone up since then
· Ground transfer (2 ˝ hours), either with a luxury sedan car at the cost of €390 plus 24% tax or with a luxury SUV at the cost of €440 plus 24% tax per way.

· Helicopter transfer (20 min and max 5 passengers) at the cost of €2.550 per way. Please contact directly the helicopter company – Ifly, to proceed with a booking.

Mr. Spyros Vaxevanos (e: [email protected] & m: +30 6970185183) who is the company’s charter manager and will be more than happy to assist you.

· Boat transfer, either with a public or with a private boat. Amanzoe offers a private yacht the ‘Aquazoe’, which is a Pershing 62. The transfer with Aquazoe (1 hour 45min and max 8 passengers) is at the cost of €5.500 per way.
I think I looked around and the best price was somewhere like 2100 euros... I think you can get a better price if you don't land at Amazoe....

The drive, at least for us, was not as easy as I would have liked.. specifically the last hour I think are on some fairly windy roads so if you have someone in your party prone to car sickness then it's no beuno....

FDW
Old May 13, 2018, 3:50 am

Browsing as I do websites for cruises, I have noticed that Sveti Stefan is being offered as a day's excursion by several cruise lines. I don't know if that means coach parties descend on the Aman area or not . . .
Old May 13, 2018, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Pausanias
Browsing as I do websites for cruises, I have noticed that Sveti Stefan is being offered as a day's excursion by several cruise lines. I don't know if that means coach parties descend on the Aman area or not . . .
This would be "interesting"
Old May 21, 2018, 7:43 pm
JWo

Programs: MPC DM / UA *A Gold / Hyatt Glob / SPG Gold
I used blacklane last year to travel to/from Grande Bretagne to Amanzoe. Paid 260 Euro (with a 10% discount coupon). Worked flawlessly.
FlyerEC and BESVISOR like this.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
Nice tip JWo. Thanks, as I too am looking to do something like this soon.
Old May 22, 2018, 7:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Decided on Sveti Stefan, will be there July 28-31. Quick question for those who have been...connections to NCE are more convenient out of Dubrovnik, but it's further than TGD. Is it workable to catch a ride to Croatia to fly out, or it's not worth the hassle?
Old May 22, 2018, 8:11 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Depends how much more convenient the flight times are... I've done both and found TGD much less of a hassle than DBV. TGD is a predictable 60-minute ride, DBV is a little over 2 hours under perfect circumstances, but the border crossing is unpredictable. Although they apparently use less busy secondary crossings, we once had to wait over an hour for no apparent reason (border agents were on lunch break I guess). I would recommend TGD!
bhrubin likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:41 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS 3MM, NH PLT
You're going during the peak Summer period. While we didn't fly in/out of either airport, the roads were jam-packed in places, particularly around Budva and Bay of Kotor. You'd be optimistic to assume it will take 2 hours during this time.

Given that, I'd definitely fly out of Tivat, unless you intend to visit Dubrovnik on the way home.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by KI-NRT
You're going during the peak Summer period. While we didn't fly in/out of either airport, the roads were jam-packed in places, particularly around Budva and Bay of Kotor. You'd be optimistic to assume it will take 2 hours during this time.

Given that, I'd definitely fly out of Tivat, unless you intend to visit Dubrovnik on the way home.
I will check if there are any convenient connections to Nice from Tivat, as I need to be in St. Tropez that same evening. TY

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.