Virtuoso - non-renewals for 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virtuoso - non-renewals for 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I've also heard wonderful things about the Le Meridien Lav in Split.

I assume this Virtuoso drop is an artifact of the Marriott-Starwood merger and new corporate policy. This has to be one of the very few (or only?) Le Meridien properties in the Virtuoso network!
+1

A friend stays there regularly and he loves it but I assumed he just didn't know better

Never even knew this used to be a Virtuoso property. Will definitely add it to my must stay SPG-list
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:27 am

Oh and regarding Amanruya: I was at Caresse Bodrum back in October and like @SanDiego1K already mentioned previously ex-employees from Amanruya did clearly state that Amanruya will not re-open. I don't recall the exact troubles but has to do with shareholder's issues and a divorce (plot owners/investors). I think the property is for sale at this point.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

dhevanafushi no longer jumeirah, pending raffles reflag

of 15 listed, 4 closed including hayman >
Due to the impact of Tropical Cyclone Debbie Hayman Island is temporarily closed. While we determine the exact opening date, we are currently accepting reservations from 1st March 2019 and look forward to welcoming you to our rejuvenated luxury resort from late 2018 - early 2019.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...l#post28409419
was no longer O&O as of jun 6 2017
media reported owner looking to sell in jul 2017
owner Q32017 released nov 29 2017 >
closure of Hayman Island Resort in Australia following Tropical Cyclone Debbie on 27 March 2017 for major refurbishment. The building and design teams are currently in the process of finalising reconstruction plans. It is expected that works will be extended to late 2018 or early 2019.
curious re renting residence at hayman and qualia

some Carlisle Bay history >
thecaterer.com/articles/364826/gordon-campbell-gray-the-luxury-hotelier-on-his-renewed-creativity
Campbell Gray’s involvement in Dukes, One Aldwych and Carlisle Bay ended between 2010 and 2014

Audeh buying a majority share of CampbellGray Hotels in January 2015
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
If the La Valencia hotel being dropped refers to the one in La Jolla, California, it should have been dropped years ago. Been an overpriced dump for a long time.
i am very skeptical re quality control, vs financial disagreements. not just virtuoso but all similar.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 16, 2018 at 11:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.