Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBobi
test wikipost
Print Wikipost

Amanresorts Thread 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:38 pm

Oh, that's so good to know, Fliar. We are missing some as well, plus one pair is so beat to heck I'd love to get a replacement.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:50 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Originally Posted by FlyerEC

Agreed about modernising for the sake of it , thankfully not “ upside down “ as sometimes in FT systems . But if keeping with AMAN ethos which has been its unique trail blazing feature is priority , moving with the times is a good thing - that is the catch .
The old staff understand , newer GMs ?? . Doubt many at the HQ , RHQs since all are relatively new except for VD who as a longtime AMANjunkie & should know - imparting to others , who have no idea what those from the beginning have experienced through to more ‘ recent ‘ times , is a tall order .. another story ..

My Amanpuri TR above is still WIP ( to prevent disappearing sections from occurring , then those upside down photos on top at the preamble .. but thankfully right side up in the sections - posting has become rather complicated with the unnecessary automatic ? scrolling ) , some of the points addressed there .

ah, a lightbulb just went off. Finally ran into really obnoxious guests at a luxury hotel mentioned elsewhere in this forum. We were at the bar and a group of ppl came upon us and they were loud and extremely foul mouthed in front of our child. We left, er we had to leave, our peaceful little spot mid meal and simply requested that they send us a whole new meal to room service because the environment was intolerable. Really disappointing!

But hey, if they have to now prep extra meals at their cost, maybe the hotel will be more proactive going forward?

While I can’t wxpect hotels to police ppl, leaving and then making demands is a good tool.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:11 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

with all the re-organization happening at Aman, I would have expected them to up their level of professionalism in online communications; my reservation confirmation for Aman Tokyo goes like this (emphasis added):

YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESERVATION AT AMAN TOKYO
(...)
We look forward to welcoming you to Aman Summer Palace

Amanoi, Vinh Hy Village, Vinh Hai Commune, Ninh Thuan Province, Vietnam
Email: [email protected] ; Tel: 84-259-3770777; Amanoi.com
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
with all the re-organization happening at Aman, I would have expected them to up their level of professionalism in online communications; my reservation confirmation for Aman Tokyo goes like this (emphasis added):
Subliminal marketing, my friend. It's the new craze.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

3 hotels for the price of one!
Fliar, Musken and BESVISOR like this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:59 pm
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Aventine
3 hotels for the price of one!
yeah but 3 at the same time... for those who can't make up their mind
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I hope you enjoy Aman Tokyo though. That pool!

This mishap is symptomatic of their hotel. A gateway for affluent Japanese to come to other Amans but a poor facsimile of what an Aman should be. I think the GM chair is just cursed there.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Thought I had better look again at ours , vienna-resident , after reading all the replies too .

Mine is ‘ normal ‘ . Shall let T san , Tokyo , & H san , Nemu , know that you are our AMANjunkie friends , & we didn’t manage to coordinate our stays this time
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
I am Aman newbie and will be traveling to Bali next month where I was thinking of checking out Amandari. Amex FHR has 4th night free for this property plus the usual perks. Is 4 nights too many to spend at Amandari in Ubud or should I try to split between Amandari and Amankila? Bali Break package for 3 nights is almost as expensive as 4 nights FHR rate, but spending just 1 night at either -dari or -kila seems like a waste. Any thoughts?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:18 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by andreiz
I am Aman newbie and will be traveling to Bali next month where I was thinking of checking out Amandari. Amex FHR has 4th night free for this property plus the usual perks. Is 4 nights too many to spend at Amandari in Ubud or should I try to split between Amandari and Amankila? Bali Break package for 3 nights is almost as expensive as 4 nights FHR rate, but spending just 1 night at either -dari or -kila seems like a waste. Any thoughts?
Barring the savings you might get by staying at Amandari, I would recommend staying 4 nights at either Amandari or Amankila. I wouldn't move between them if I were you.

I'd pick Amankila over Amandari, as Kila's service and accommodations are generally superior and Kila's location is one in which there are no other luxury properties--unlike Dari's location in Ubud, which has dozens of others available. Ubud is a tourist mecca, which is often to be avoided by those of us who most often frequent Aman properties! That being said, we did a day trip to Ubud while staying at Kila and had a lovely lunch at Dari, so you easily can visit Ubud even from Kila. But we were very happy that we stayed at Kila.

Regardless, I'm sure you will have a fabulous time. Both properties are lovely, even if I do think Kila is superior and even more special. Enjoy!

As an aside, if you have the chance to make it over for at least 3-4 nights at Amanjiwo on Java (next island over from Bali), I highly recommend it. It's our favorite Aman in Asia.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

book 4/8 nights then ask ian white to re-arrange as theyre same rate and aman has equity in properties. but if entry level room, 'discover' rate was sometimes slightly better deal

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 18, 2018 at 1:56 pm
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
book 4/8 nights then ask ian white to re-arrange as theyre same rate and aman has equity in properties. but if entry level room, 'discover' rate was sometimes slightly better deal
andreiz

Glad you are starting with the Bali Amans
Ubud these days is extremely congested . Would suggest staying at Kila and then do a day trip to Dari for lunch while exploring the area .
Best email the GMs directly and / or even Ian W .

If you have more days , you may like to stay at the Aman Villas at Nusa before your flight out . It is closer to the airport , as traffic can be unpredictable
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb

andreiz

Glad you are starting with the Bali Amans
Ubud these days is extremely congested . Would suggest staying at Kila and then do a day trip to Dari for lunch while exploring the area .
Best email the GMs directly and / or even Ian W .

If you have more days , you may like to stay at the Aman Villas at Nusa before your flight out . It is closer to the airport , as traffic can be unpredictable
Thanks @bhrubin and @FlyerEC, you've talked me into Amankila. Do they offer a full board option? Or are there other food options around if I want to go off property?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by andreiz
Thanks @bhrubin and @FlyerEC, you've talked me into Amankila. Do they offer a full board option? Or are there other food options around if I want to go off property?
Wise decision on Kila andreiz

After the generous breakfast , there is no need for lunch !
Meals are delicious and good . Off menu options . This is AMAN

There are options down the hill in the village . Plus lots in Ubud since you intend to explore the area . The Kila team will be happy to assist . Email them & not central reservations ! .. always unhelpful and with incorrect & inconsistent information
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:29 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
After the generous breakfast , there is no need for lunch !
Good decision on Kila.

Also, after having a heavy breakfast and skipping lunch, don't forget to be poolside at 4:00pm for their incredible afternoon tea. You may have to skip dinner depending on how many servings you help yourself to...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.