Last edit by: IBobi
test wikipost
Print Wikipost

Amanresorts Thread 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by GodAtum
I emailed Amanpuri and they replied with:
Yeah I think I had asked about full board as well, and they said the same thing. We ended up with the breakfast and dinner included option (half-board?), but no drinks. It's honestly enough. Breakfast and dinner are both very hearty, and Amanpuri has afternoon tea from 4-6 pm that offers a ton of different pastries, cakes, and fruits. Not sure if it is still offered, but our package also included a "sunset cocktail" or something. We thought that just meant a free drink in the evening, but it's actually a cocktail and an appetizer platter.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

talk to harish (cant recall, also yuki?)

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
Discover Amanpuri - half board
Originally Posted by Anlun
they said the same thing. We ended up with the breakfast and dinner included option
aman.com/resorts/amanpuri/exclusives/discover-amanpuri
One sunset drink at the Bar or Lounge
Daily breakfast
Daily dinner at the Thai or Italian restaurant (excluding beverages)
ask (harish) about private dining / in room / room service

aman.com/resorts/amanpuri/exclusives/indochina-past-present
Half board with non-alcoholic beverages
Airport transfers & laundry (no dry cleaning)
One daily activity.
aman.com/resorts/amanpulo/exclusives/romance-amanpulo
Daily breakfast and à la carte dinner at the Clubhouse, Beach Club or Private Dining, including non-alcoholic drinks (Lagoon Club not included)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 5, 2018 at 7:40 pm
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

amanresorts charter yachts per night >
aman 5 nt komodo / 5 nt raja ampat
$5990 / $7250 amanikan
$8550 / $9150 amandira (excludes massage therapist)
for 1 cabin, 2nd/3rd are additional $1K per cabin per nt

(aman charter can do alila destination)

vs booking cabin on alila purnama >
alila purnama (mentions unlimited dives)
$2778 > $3667 master suite
$2222 > $2833 standard suite
15 – 21 January 2018 - 6 nt raja ampat
19 – 24 February 2018 - 5 nt raja ampat
07 – 12 May 2018 - 5 nt cendrawasih bay west papua
11 – 17 June 2018 - 6 nt cendrawasih bay west papua
16 – 22 July 2018 - 6 nt komodo
20 – 25 August 2018 - 5 nt komodo
03 – 06 September 2018 - 3 nt komodo
19 – 24 November 2018 - 5 nt raja ampat
10 – 16 December 2018 - 6 nt raja ampat

06 – 15 October 2018 - 9 nt alor / maumere - ambon
(5 nts in between)
20 – 29 October 2018 - 9 nt ambon - raja ampat

cendrawasih bay west papua >
Dugongs, Dolphin’s, Blue Whales and Whale Sharks...WW2 including bomber airplane's and ships scattered throughout the bay. Until in recent time, the bay was geologically isolated from the flow of the Pacific tides; this isolation has somewhat consecrated Cenderawasih with a wide variety of endemic species
alor / maumere > ambon includes banda islands and >
Dive in the straits of Alor, rated as one of the best dive destinations in the world, offering sightings of big fish such as white tips, grey reef sharks, tuna, grouper, manta rays, whale sharks and pilot whales.
maps >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post26270270

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 10, 2018 at 8:05 am
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:46 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
talk to harish (cant recall, also yuki?)
Yuki has joined Fred at Anantara Layan, managing the absolutely stunning private villas, of course.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone been staying at Amanpuri the past few days? My wife and I noticed that there is a big collection of bloggers / instagram people currently staying at the resort and taking a lot of pictures. I have never stayed there and believe that the resort is much bigger than other Aman's, but am curious to hear if it was disruptive at all. I could only imagine would it would be like if one of the smaller Aman's had been taken over.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

oh jeese, curious re details (i can post anonymous quotes for anyone who doesnt to be named)

hopefully especially large group take overs at small/smaller amans require full buyout takeover

43 villa (30 up to 6BR, 13 newer 7-9BR) - puri
20 villa and planning more - pulo, yara, gani
similar villas - shanghai

pulo villas = 73+ bedrooms

yara villas = 78+ bedrooms
minus 4BR that became spa
+ # 3 (+ # 11 ?) + 4 estates

ruya - anyone heard if reopening?

shanghai (pending GM) >
scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/travel/article/2126829/aman-resorts-first-shanghai-property-magical-journey
how long a drive to amanfayun?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 31, 2018 at 11:05 am
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:55 am

Deborah Hung just celebrated her birthday with a couple friends including Vladimir Doronin at Amanpuri a few days ago.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented
Deborah Hung just celebrated her birthday with a couple friends including Vladimir Doronin at Amanpuri a few days ago.
I had to Google her.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Doronin must be very excited, as this was just after his ex-business partner Amanat was found guilty of securities fraud in US federal district court and may end up in the slammer for as long as a decade.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:55 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
Has anyone been staying at Amanpuri the past few days? My wife and I noticed that there is a big collection of bloggers / instagram people currently staying at the resort and taking a lot of pictures. I have never stayed there and believe that the resort is much bigger than other Aman's, but am curious to hear if it was disruptive at all. I could only imagine would it would be like if one of the smaller Aman's had been taken over.
yeah, seems to be for the online retailer Revolve. They have an Instagram campaign of sorts where they go around the world and bring “influencers”. Even high-end luxury isn’t immune from social media, so hopefully Aman handles groups like this without negatively affecting other guests, From the looks of it, probably 20-30 people.

Last edited by Cityflyer10; Jan 9, 2018 at 12:25 pm
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Cityflyer10

yeah, seems to be for the online retailer Revolve. They have an Instagram campaign of sorts where they go around the world and bring “influencers”. Even high-end luxury isn’t immune from social media, so hopefully Aman handles groups like this without negatively affecting other guests
Hopefully... not really optimistic! But most hotel groups jumped on the influencer train.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:12 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
She's been at Amanpuri every year for many years - that's not new...
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:33 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Anyone have any experience with Julien, the new-ish GM of Giri? Service improvements at all?

Thinking about an elopement/micro wedding at Giri but there were some reports earlier about them not being very helpful with planning
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:28 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Anyone have any experience with Julien, the new-ish GM of Giri? Service improvements at all?

Thinking about an elopement/micro wedding at Giri but there were some reports earlier about them not being very helpful with planning
I know some have complained about the service at Amangiri not being quite to the standard of the Asian Amans...and that’s likely accurate on average. But Amangiri is also close to or at 100% occupancy more than almost any other Aman property. Its unbelievable and tremendously remote location contributes to both.

In the end, we found the Amangiri service level to be not particularly different from that of our most recent stay at Amanbagh in Jan 2017–despite constant rhetoric herein to the contrary. We actually found the food/beverage experience to be better at Amangiri than Amanbagh.

Even at 100% occupancy during our Amangiri stay in April 2015, we still had a glorious time and largely excellent service. But we also were not bothered to share any issue or problem we experienced and have it addressed immediately—and those issues were immediately addressed. As a result, we had a truly wonderful and memorable time. If you’re not likely to bother a manager when things go awry, you may be disappointed here (as can be true at a suspirisngly large proportion of luxury hotels, even Aman hotels, IMO). OTOH, if you’re not afraid to share, you’ll be in great hands.

We arranged with the food/beverage team for a special anniversary tasting menu dinner to pair with the wines we brought with us. Their team did an extraordinary job. Planning that dinner was wonderfully easy and productive for us...but then I didn’t want to plan a city event that I could plan anywhere. Again, if you allow the team the chance to do something special and don’t overly micro-manage the process, you will be very pleased if I had to guess. But if you’re looking for city luxury polish, you’re just not looking in the right place.

Setting expectations inappropriate to the location is something that I think sends people into tizzies of their own creation.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jan 14, 2018 at 11:34 am
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:41 am

Looks like Leonardo DiCaprio and Orlando Bloom also had a birthday party with Formula e at Amanjena!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.