More coverage about the new skincare line by ILA

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/t...ors-picks.html
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

aman.com/the-way-the-wanderer
9 amans describe one of their treks

amusing >
fashionunited.uk/news/fashion/onia-debuts-latest-collection-at-new-york-pilates-studio/2018083138597
31 August 2018...Onia...first launched in 2009..."Being a resort wear brand we have to service what all our customers need at different times of the year. During Thanksgiving and Christmas we look at where people are traveling and what the room rates are to figure out what kind of product people are buying. A customer at the Ritz Carlton is going to be shopping different product from a customer at Aman Resorts."
and assuming speaking with reporter, use of "Amanresorts" rather than "Aman"
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

moved

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 6, 2018 at 6:21 am
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

first time, US FHR >
4th free at sveti oct 1 - dec 31 (island season ends oct 14)
4th free at zoe oct 2 - dec 1 (low season)
Originally Posted by Fc912
I heard from one of the managers while I was there last week that [zoe GM] Sven is arriving in November [to sveti]
good time to go to zoe >
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
near perfection...except the first evenings meal...it's great for them to 100% deliver on, and even exceed, those expectations. It was a masterclass in delivering personalised service.
Originally Posted by Fliar
Amanzoe: WOW (98/100). This is a beautiful property, with great service, with gorgeous rooms (upgraded to a private pool villa) with beautiful views. This is TOP.
zoe has new owner as of sep 27, currently dolphin remains manager
dolphinci.com/wp-content/uploads/DCI-Half-Year-Results-2018-Trading-Update.pdf

havent done offer >
yangyun, nemu, tokyo
venice, melezin

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 16, 2018 at 7:47 pm
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:28 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
first time, US FHR >
4th free at sveti oct 1 - dec 31 (island season ends oct 14)
4th free at zoe oct 2 - dec 1 (low season)

good time to go to zoe >

zoe has new owner as of sep 27, currently dolphin remains manager
dolphinci.com/wp-content/uploads/DCI-Half-Year-Results-2018-Trading-Update.pdf

6 havent done offer >
yangyun, nemu, tokyo
venice, melezin
giri

curious where xavier moulin, kent si, (and Edisson? Zha Yong?) are heading
Amanzoe has traditionally closed in October for the season right? are they staying open year round this year? or just till December....

I thought Dolphin did a nice job with Amanzoe; I hope new owners continue doing well... too bad about Aman at Kea went to One and Only...

FDW
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

year round did not last long, this time they stayed open for nov, i think experimenting, villa sales may factor in, they mentioned it in financials but i dont think they really said much about whether it was experiment or not

kea equity sale still not closed pending final permit, O&O (or whoever, not dolphin) will pay all development cost

sveti island season also extended some this year

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 6, 2018 at 7:52 am
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented
Aman Skincare launching next month.... and already has a knockoff?

https://www.emanufaktur-shop.com/deutsch/aman-skincare/

Only available on their German-language website, but I wonder what this is all about... they even copied the new logo, though ironically used the bottles Sodashi sources as well.

Shop: https://www.emanufaktur-shop.com/deu...are/aman-shop/
The factories in China work fast?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:48 am

Aman skincare website is now live, strangely with no ingredient lists! I thought it was meant to be all-natural? https://shop.aman.com/en/
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:43 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Apologies now for those who care, but I confess to being irritated at all of the updates on this thread about something as nonsensical to me as Aman skin care products. I'm gay, but I'm just not that gay. Sorry.

Perhaps someone can start a new separate thread about Aman skin care products in whatever might be the appropriate Forum, but it seems reasonably unrelated to this Aman hotels thread here on the Luxury HOTELS Forum here on FlyerTalk.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Apologies now for those who care, but I confess to being irritated at all of the updates on this thread about something as nonsensical to me as Aman skin care products. I'm gay, but I'm just not that gay. Sorry.

Perhaps someone can start a new separate thread about Aman skin care products in whatever might be the appropriate Forum, but it seems reasonably unrelated to this Aman hotels thread here on the Luxury HOTELS Forum here on FlyerTalk.
I do care about this, but happy to move and discuss in the Spa thread, which Aventine opened a while ago.

Just had a look at the website, sadly no ingredient lists still... we shall see. New Group Director of Spa at Aman is Yuki Kiyono, who was developed within Aman (which is actually quite nice to see). She replaces Nichola Roche, who left all of a sudden. I heard quite a few stories explaining her departure, with most people suggesting she couldn't stand the pressure (and didn't only overspend on the bottles). We shall see!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented
I do care about this, but happy to move and discuss in the Spa thread, which Aventine opened a while ago.

Just had a look at the website, sadly no ingredient lists still... we shall see. New Group Director of Spa at Aman is Yuki Kiyono, who was developed within Aman (which is actually quite nice to see). She replaces Nichola Roche, who left all of a sudden. I heard quite a few stories explaining her departure, with most people suggesting she couldn't stand the pressure (and didn't only overspend on the bottles). We shall see!
I think it's definitely a pressure cooker environment and the Russian wants to see instant dividends.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin

If Aman had not touted its new skincare line and had not put it on their hotel website then I doubt if any of us would be mentioning it here, but given that Aman see their skincare as integral to their brand (and profits) then I think it is fair to discuss it here.

This seems to be a trend with some hotels. Heckfield Place also created its own Spa line - Wildsmith Skin - also on their website. I only mention it here because Heckfield's GM is ex-Aman Venice Olivia Richli.
scented and newfrequent like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

luxury hotel (aman) spas use certain products...

pulo exclusives apply to villas >
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Yes, you can! They don't advertise [Exclusives on villas] but I've had clients book villas and took just about all meals in villa.
zoe seasonal close >
jan 7 - mar 25 2013
jan 7 - apr 4 2014
jan 7 - mar 31 2015
nov/dec 2015 - mar 31 2016 (zoe owner open amanera in nov)
nov 2 2016 - mar 31 2017
nov 1 2017 - mar 28 2018
dec 2 2018 - apr 3 2019 (announced by may 8 2018)
dec 1 2019 -

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 16, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:12 pm

Has anyone been back to Amanusa (I guess officially the Aman Villas at Nusa Dua now...) since Aman ceased managing the main resort? Looking for a place for a family vacation next February and the rates are actually quite competitive and I've always wanted to try the residences. I know the location isn't ideal but the villas look pretty stunning. I have not visited Amanusa so I'm not sure how the villas are situated wrt the main resort and how much facilities they share, but I'm trying to determine if the service level is up to par and whether guests at the main resort will detract from the experience.

And perhaps a little off topic, but if anyone has good suggestions for anywhere else in SEA (within 4-5 hours flight from Taipei and Shanghai) that's suitable for a family of 6 with good villa style accommodation I'm open to suggestions. Important for the resort to have good spa facilities and room hardware. Also ideally want to avoid steep terrain / too many stairs, as grandma is coming and she is 85. A few of the options I'm considering: villas at the Como Shambhala Estate, Ani Villas Phuket, FS Namhai.

Last edited by Fc912; Oct 11, 2018 at 9:19 pm
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Fc912
Has anyone been back to Amanusa (I guess officially the Aman Villas at Nusa Dua now...) since Aman ceased managing the main resort? Looking for a place for a family vacation next February and the rates are actually quite competitive and I've always wanted to try the residences. I know the location isn't ideal but the villas look pretty stunning. I have not visited Amanusa so I'm not sure how the villas are situated wrt the main resort and how much facilities they share, but I'm trying to determine if the service level is up to par and whether guests at the main resort will detract from the experience.

And perhaps a little off topic, but if anyone has good suggestions for anywhere else in SEA (within 4-5 hours flight from Taipei and Shanghai) that's suitable for a family of 6 with good villa style accommodation I'm open to suggestions. Important for the resort to have good spa facilities and room hardware. Also ideally want to avoid steep terrain / too many stairs, as grandma is coming and she is 85. A few of the options I'm considering: villas at the Como Shambhala Estate, Ani Villas Phuket, FS Namhai.
Well , my TR on the Amanusa Villas is above . The system does not allow villas as not hotel ?

You should stay , service definitely up there amongst Amans , some Nusa staff came over .
Was travelling with nonagenarian & octogenarian , not into steps either .

The butlers are proactive .

No spa , but you another suite can be used for massages .

Have you tried the Puri Villas ? The last phase ones all have elevators / lifts

The spa should be good , better ? with the modifications to Wellness Retreat .

No‘i , Pulo both have decent spas but not sure about the therapists these days .

Taka has a spa with own ‘ pool ‘ for you to use in private & the grounds is flat . I know you will be well taken care of here .

Getting to N’oi , Pulo or Taka is not that direct though .

Last edited by FlyerEC; Oct 12, 2018 at 6:18 am Reason: add information

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.