Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Funny idea: Donald checks in. „My name is Mabuse“
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Have had the occasion to be “ next to celebrities “ to overhear when they requested to be incognito when checking in , obviously this was not in the lobby but at another area ..

’ If anyone asks for me / us in our real names , we are not here . For calls , only put through if caller asks for XYZ JONES ‘
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerEC;29182611

’ If anyone asks for me / us in our real names , we are not here . For calls , only put through if caller asks for XYZ JONES ‘[left
[/left]
Thank you, sounds like a great suggestion.

Much appreciated.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Just tell hotel that you wish to be private registered, therefore no one know that you are staying in this hotel.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by seiknujnama
Just tell hotel that you wish to be private registered, therefore no one know that you are staying in this hotel.
Ok, good suggestion. Is a private registration a normal thing in a hotel (ie. does it happen much), or will I need to explain to staff what it is?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by MOR
Ok, good suggestion. Is a private registration a normal thing in a hotel (ie. does it happen much), or will I need to explain to staff what it is?
Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula, Dorchester, Rosewood FO teams are all trained to handle these situations.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:33 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
We’ve done this a few times when trying to surprise each other. It shouldn’t be that hard at most luxury hotels.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:48 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by bhrubin
We’ve done this a few times when trying to surprise each other. It shouldn’t be that hard at most luxury hotels.
Or any hotel, really...
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Have had the occasion to be “ next to celebrities “ to overhear when they requested to be incognito when checking in , obviously this was not in the lobby but at another area ..

’ If anyone asks for me / us in our real names , we are not here . For calls , only put through if caller asks for XYZ JONES ‘
I was in this situation once and front desk asked me to pick up an alias name. I had my Cc in front of me and said « American Express ». It was hard not to laugh when the staff keep calling me « Mr Express »
Not sure if all the staff had my real name.
Few issues to have some charges posted but quickly corrected at check out
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:31 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by CGRA

I was in this situation once and front desk asked me to pick up an alias name. I had my Cc in front of me and said « American Express ». It was hard not to laugh when the staff keep calling me « Mr Express »
Not sure if all the staff had my real name.
Few issues to have some charges posted but quickly corrected at check out
Ha, I've always gone for a boring John Doe style moniker but now that I think about it, I'm going to have some fun with this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.