Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Four Seasons Ocean Club, Bahamas

Old Nov 30, 17, 9:05 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders

It's official, and One&Only Ocean Club is now Four Seasons Ocean Club.

Preferred Partner amenities apply. Not allowed to post on a public website, but just drop me a PM. Suffice it to stay it's the standard set of amenities with the most flexible possible "extra amenity."

Some interesting promos (not cumulative)

3 night stay $200 Resort "Experience More" credit

4 night stay 4th night free

7 night stay 6th & 7th nights free
Old Nov 30, 17, 11:14 am

Interesting. I wonder if the O&O is shrinking, with them losing O&O Hayman Island to the storm and deciding not to reopen, and now this.
Old Nov 30, 17, 12:20 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
How extensively has FS renovated the resort? Wasn't a very good option in the past.
Old Nov 30, 17, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by damaxer91 View Post
How extensively has FS renovated the resort? Wasn't a very good option in the past.
FS took over the management contract from One&Only. Renovations could be in Ocean Club's future, but that's not what happened at this time.
Old Nov 30, 17, 1:50 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

I think we’ll be there this summer. Per usual, I couldn’t afford the nicer Airbnb’s! ��
Old Dec 1, 17, 6:59 pm

Didn't the resort just under-go an extensive renovation not too long ago?
Old Dec 2, 17, 4:09 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | SPG | Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by Travlur View Post
Interesting. I wonder if the O&O is shrinking, with them losing O&O Hayman Island to the storm and deciding not to reopen, and now this.
They're opening in Greece though.
Travlur likes this.
Old Dec 24, 17, 6:34 am

Just got the worst feedback from a friend who just stayed at The Ocean Club... apparently the handover moment was anything but smooth... O&O took everything they possibly could from the rooms and service is nowhere near FS standards. I expect these will be a few very rough months for the resort until FS reaches its usual standards.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Jul 25, 18, 5:12 pm

Any recent experience here? We are thinking of going for a long weekend and are a bit concerned it is is both tired and sparsely appointed.
Old Jul 30, 18, 2:16 pm
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, AMAN, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, etc.
Originally Posted by Mickidon View Post
Any recent experience here? We are thinking of going for a long weekend and are a bit concerned it is is both tired and sparsely appointed.

No feedback but share the same outlook. Have had clients interested in Ocean Club but ultimately talked them into FS Anguilla and Turks & Caicos instead. Ocean Club just looks dreadful and it's not well priced.
Old Jul 30, 18, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by BESVISOR View Post
No feedback but share the same outlook. Have had clients interested in Ocean Club but ultimately talked them into FS Anguilla and Turks & Caicos instead. Ocean Club just looks dreadful and it's not well priced.
Yikes!. This is for a family trip and we are not able to go to Anguilla or Turks due to zika fears. The Anguilla piece, in particular, is breaking my heart as we have been visiting for almost two decades. Would never stay at FS there, but
adore the island and want to support the recovery. I guess we will go with very low expectations. Appreciate the input.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Nov 28, 18, 9:08 am

Programs: AA PLT; DL GLD
Originally Posted by Mickidon View Post
Yikes!. This is for a family trip and we are not able to go to Anguilla or Turks due to zika fears. The Anguilla piece, in particular, is breaking my heart as we have been visiting for almost two decades. Would never stay at FS there, but
adore the island and want to support the recovery. I guess we will go with very low expectations. Appreciate the input.
Anyone have an update on Ocean Club? I'm in the same boat here due to doctor's orders regarding zika. Would prefer to go back to Maliouhana but can't. Looked at Dunmore but three flights and 9-10 hours of travel aren't in the cards for the dates that work for us.
Old Nov 28, 18, 9:53 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, AMAN, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, etc.
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Anyone have an update on Ocean Club? I'm in the same boat here due to doctor's orders regarding zika. Would prefer to go back to Maliouhana but can't. Looked at Dunmore but three flights and 9-10 hours of travel aren't in the cards for the dates that work for us.
Have you looked at the brand new Rosewood Baha Mar? Could be a better alternative.
Old Nov 28, 18, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT; DL GLD
Originally Posted by BESVISOR View Post
Have you looked at the brand new Rosewood Baha Mar? Could be a better alternative.
I have. While I find the decor ok, the recent reviews on TripAdvisor are scathing. I'm also concerned with traffic on the beach given its part of the BahaMar complex and you've got hundreds of rooms at the Hyatt and SLS to deal with. From what I've read, and looking at satellite, Atlantis has its own beaches and is far enough away from the Ocean Club that you wouldn't get too many people walking by.

Seems like a coin flip.
Old Nov 28, 18, 1:55 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I have. While I find the decor ok, the recent reviews on TripAdvisor are scathing. I'm also concerned with traffic on the beach given its part of the BahaMar complex and you've got hundreds of rooms at the Hyatt and SLS to deal with. From what I've read, and looking at satellite, Atlantis has its own beaches and is far enough away from the Ocean Club that you wouldn't get too many people walking by.

Seems like a coin flip.
Agreed but I think the hard product is better than FS OC....

I would also throw out the idea of just forgetting about the Bahamas/Caribbean altogether to avoid zika...Depending on your dates, go to Four Seasons Surfside Club in Miami. I visited last month and loved it. Have also only received positive feedback from clients, some have returned for repeat stays.

The hard product is fantastic. Food is great and depending on your dates, could run into 4th night free via FSPP.
Kent likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: