Mexico trip report: Las Alcobas – Esencia – Imanta – Rosewood Puebla

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mexico trip report: Las Alcobas – Esencia – Imanta – Rosewood Puebla

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:32 pm
Community Director Emerita

Thank you for the report. How many days do you recommend in Puebla?

Also, I wonder what room or suite you booked? I found this reference that says the hotel is comprised of 3 buildings: Casa Azul (nineteenth century), Casa Verde (nineteenth-.‐century) and the Briseño Building. Do you see an advantage of one building over another? Briseno Suite is in Casa Briseño. The one bedroom suites are in Casa Verde and Casa Briseño. Are the buildings contiguous or accessed through a courtyard? In which building is the restaurant?
bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Nov 13, 2018 at 10:07 am
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:09 am

Casa Verde is a separate building often used for weddings and events. Great views of the inner courtyard and a slightly more contemporary style. The other two buildings are contiguous.

My favourite suite is the 3rd floor Briseno Suite, with its wraparound terrace, overlooking San Francisco church. No furniture on the terrace though.

Food at Pasquinel Bistrot was a huge disappointment with the exception of breakfast. Cafe Azul Talavera is a much nicer option.
SanDiego1K and BESVISOR like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Revolution
Food at Pasquinel Bistrot was a huge disappointment with the exception of breakfast. Cafe Azul Talavera is a much nicer option.
For those who have stayed at Rosewood Puebla, what did you think of the food served in the hotel? And where do you recommend to eat outside the hotel? We're happy to eat at non fancy restaurants as long as the food is superb.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but did I miss some news about Rosewood Puebla? It seems to have been debranded, as one is now automatically directed to Azul Talavera Hotel. Also, the Puebla property is no longer listed on the Rosewood website under its Mexican properties.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by jiaotze
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but did I miss some news about Rosewood Puebla? It seems to have been debranded, as one is now automatically directed to Azul Talavera Hotel. Also, the Puebla property is no longer listed on the Rosewood website under its Mexican properties.
I missed that, too. We had a wonderful stay there earlier this year. I've just now searched and can find nothing about the rebrand. I wonder what the story is. AMEX shows the new name on their Fine Hotels and Resorts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.