Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Four Seasons Jet Journey...Any Takers?

Old Oct 31, 17, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold

My DH and I are seriously considering booking a FS Jet Journey next year. Has anyone done this who can offer any feedback or advice?
Old Oct 31, 17, 11:14 pm
Original Member

I just cannot see the value in this. Plus the notion of spending two nights in one locale then hopping back on the jet to fly umpteen hours to spend another two days ... rinse, repeat.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 1, 17, 7:24 am

Am curious why the journey is appealing unless one is strapped for time. Doesn't it make sense to space out various destinations and spend more time to experience the place?
Old Nov 1, 17, 8:48 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ERtraveler View Post
My DH and I are seriously considering booking a FS Jet Journey next year. Has anyone done this who can offer any feedback or advice?
We discussed it many times here but as far as I know no one did it. I guess the people in the forum are not the peer-group. Itīs true you can have a much better experience if you book a trip by yourself.
Old Nov 1, 17, 8:53 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
I would have thought a first class RTW ticket would be more fun, earn miles, tailored to exactly what you want to do, likely cost less, and you can pick specifically which hotel you'd like to stay in rather than being limited to the Four Seasons. The jet they use is configured in more of a mediocre business
Unterwegs, offerendum and lb8001 like this.
Old Nov 1, 17, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FS is not the only option for trip, some like aman use smaller jets

for jet trips with longhaul flights, their prices are less than charters

shorter charter flights best value vs longhaul first class (and some airport VIP)

some here have chartered widebody/jumbo and more expensive yachts/trips
Old Nov 1, 17, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri View Post
FS is not the only option for trip, some like aman use smaller jets

for jet trips with longhaul flights, their prices are less than charters

shorter charter flights best value vs longhaul first class (and some airport VIP)

some here have chartered widebody/jumbo and more expensive yachts/trips
If I am not mistaken, Aman actually uses a larger aircraft for its journeys, but with fewer passengers. So, it sounds much more high end and personalized than FS trips.

The entire conept is not for me, and I suspect not for most/any forum regulars here. We already know where we want to go, and how to get there. And, even if money no object, spending the money on top suites/villas and/or truly flying privately would be the way to go.

However, for the right person, such as a someone with little time and little travel experience but plenty of money, it could be a great way to see the world. Hopefully it would lead to lengthier trips on oneís own afterwards.
AceReport likes this.
Old Nov 1, 17, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FS is about 50 seats operated by TCS, similar to some others

aman (not the only one to use jets this size) >
1 asia - 8 pax per G2
2 europe - 10 pax legacy 600 - about 5 hours flight time
3 world >
- 18 pax A319 - who gets bedroom(s) ?
+ 8 pax per G2 - 2 pax short ?

i would like to see trips where its about india/sri lanka/etc (difficult) or combining nearby hotels, as inexpensively as possible, using turboprop/VLJ, and not about onboard comfort/etc. sharing a plane is standard for remote luxury. addons optional if pax want to split extremely expensive excursions.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 1, 17 at 9:18 am
Old Nov 1, 17, 9:22 am

I stand corrected re Aman. For some reason, I thought they actually had plans to use a wide body aircraft for itineraries similar to FS, however with each traveling party occupying a private suite onboard. Along with individual cars for ground transportation.

India is a place where I would actually pay for VLJ to make a difficult trip easy and seamless. But only if there were no suitable commercial flight options.
Old Nov 1, 17, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

re size of planes (not trip pax) >
FS 757-300 max 280 pax
A319 max 156 pax (EK private jet has 10 suites)

no suitable commercial NONSTOP in places like india, extremely difficult logistics

quite a few airports have VVIP/VIP for commercial pax, but not all/most
Old Nov 1, 17, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri View Post
re size of planes (not trip pax) >
FS 757-300 max 280 pax
A319 max 156 pax (EK private jet has 10 suites)

no suitable commercial NONSTOP in places like india, extremely difficult logistics

quite a few airports have VVIP/VIP for commercial pax, but not all/most
Yes, I was indeed mistaken. I conflated advertisement of 777 used by other provider (canít remember which company) with Amanís journeys. Amanís largest is the A319.

I agree re nonstop, point to point. I would also use helicopter for airport transfer, whether flying privately or commercial.
Old Nov 1, 17, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
Originally Posted by ERtraveler View Post
Why are you seriously considering this? How much have you traveled? Are you merely looking for a taste of these places or are you considering it for the experience?
Originally Posted by HKTraveler View Post
Am curious why the journey is appealing unless one is strapped for time. Doesn't it make sense to space out various destinations and spend more time to experience the place?
I agree.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 1, 17, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
I am avery seasoned traveler, really like Four Seasons and a particular itinerary is very interesting to me because all the stops would be new to me. The trip looks like a very easy way to travel and quite frankly 3 days per destination is fine with me and there looks to be alot packed into a 24 day trip. All we have to do is show up! Whatís not to like? Wait, donít answer that...I know you all have your opinions regarding value for time and money but I was hoping to get some feedback from someone who had actually done this. If youíre wondering why anyone would have any interest: The plane looks gorgeous, we would never have to touch our luggage until we fly home, everything and I mean everything is included in the price and it looks like quite a few options for activities in each destination. The fact that you usually do not have to go through commercial air terminals is also appealing. All flights head west and never fly overnight...also appealing. This would be a unique trip for us but not the only one next year...we have four other major vacations planned and I thought it would be nice to take a trip where I donít have to sweat the details.
FlyerEC, uggboy and Ruth4325 like this.
Old Nov 1, 17, 12:26 pm

One thing is that FS basically takes care of everything, so perhaps it isnít stressful to move around as quickly.

Also could appeal to people looking to travel as a group, if they like interacting with and meeting different people.

So many things to consider. At first glance I say the trips are not for me, but if money were no object I donít know how I would see it.

If an itinerary would expose me to places I wouldnít otherwise be likely to visit anytime soon, then I can see some value in that.
Old Nov 1, 17, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo View Post
Yes, I was indeed mistaken. I conflated advertisement of 777 used by other provider (canít remember which company) with Amanís journeys. Amanís largest is the A319.

I agree re nonstop, point to point. I would also use helicopter for airport transfer, whether flying privately or commercial.
Crystal tried to do it with an 84-seat 777-200LR - but decided to just do straight charter instead of offering itineraries.

CNBC had a story about the A&K trip today.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/01/insi...the-world.html

Search this Thread
Search Engine: