Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Four Seasons Jet Journey...Any Takers?

Four Seasons Jet Journey...Any Takers?

Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:20 pm

Personally I think three hours in Seattle would be pushing it.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
What strikes me as bizarre about these journeys is, for example, why anyone would want to spend 3 nights in Seattle, then 3 nights in Kyoto then 3 nights in Bali. Imagine the jet-lag!
Sort of touring Four Seasons properties around the world and travelling there with a small ish plane ?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Pausanias
Personally I think three hours in Seattle would be pushing it.
You'll spend 3 hours in traffic just trying to get somewhere. Those 3 days will fly by in the back of the FS limo
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:53 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

In today's Wall St Journal there is a full page ad for a WSJ/Nat Geo private jet holiday, it sounds similar. Itinerary is Seatlle, Hakone, Seoul, Shenzen/HK, Ulanbataar/Gobi, Samarqand, Talinn, Helsinki/Lapland, Rekjavik, Boston. It's 23 nights and starts at $94,725.

The serene picture of Hakone at the top of the ad could well have been taken from one of the fake tourist pirate ships that regularly ply that lake, LOL.
offerendum and MikeFromTokyo like this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:44 pm

I am just thinking of the amazing travel I could have for a month for $94,725, without schlepping around on a glorified flying tour bus. At the Four Seasons price, the possibilities would be even more amazing.

I just do not see the appeal or the rush to see all of these places at once. Again, they’re basically targeted towards affluent people without much travel experience. Even in that case though, a first class RTW ticket, coupled perhaps with some legs on chartered private aircraft if desired, could still be a much better trip and better value.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
In today's Wall St Journal there is a full page ad for a WSJ/Nat Geo private jet holiday, it sounds similar. Itinerary is Seatlle, Hakone, Seoul, Shenzen/HK, Ulanbataar/Gobi, Samarqand, Talinn, Helsinki/Lapland, Rekjavik, Boston. It's 23 nights and starts at $94,725.

The serene picture of Hakone at the top of the ad could well have been taken from one of the fake tourist pirate ships that regularly ply that lake, LOL.
I shudder to think of the lap of luxury there will be in Samarkand.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
I shudder to think of the lap of luxury there will be in Samarkand.
Don't shudder or even think about it. If you only travel the world in luxury, you won't see much of the world. That Nat Geo trip puts the boring FS trip into sharp perspective, I think, but I could propose far better routes myself.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
If you only travel the world in luxury, you won't see much of the world.
That´s a point a don´t fully (or better only partly) agree.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

If you only travel the world in luxury, you won't see much of the world.
We're all doing pretty well in the Luxury forum.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
Perhaps I can clarify a few points related to this product.

You could certainly put together the same itinerary on your own but you would be spending a massive amount of time in airports and truly schlepping your way around the world even in J all the way. We had VIP transit through every airport and spent minutes in each airport. On the FS journeys you literally do not touch your luggage from the moment you show up at the starting airport.

3 days seemed about right for each destination. There is usually just an overnight in the first and last city.

The cost covers a vast choice of private and group tours in each destination, all meals, including restaurants off property, resort credits enough for spa treatments and other activities, a gala event at each destination.

All flights were westward and during the day. The flights are actually fun if you enjoy meeting new people so I can see the benefit of the new bar area and extra seating on the new plane. The service and food were outstanding in every way. There were still people who slept en route and I never heard complaints about lack of privacy. There were only 4 singles on our trip.

And regarding the type of people on my trip. They were certainly not people who did not know what they were doing. Many were professionals who owned successful businesses and travelled extensively. Many flew private to and from the journey. Some had their own business jets. The common sentiment among most was that it was great to take a highly stimulating, fun trip where all we had to do was just show up. I met some very interesting and truly nice people and many of us have kept in touch since. I’m planning another trip with FS on the new plane and can’t wait.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:01 pm

If I had the money I would do it. It seems a low stress way to enjoy a vacation and have everything taken care of. I enjoy meeting new people so wouldn’t mind making new friends. The spa credits are an added bonus!
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ERtraveler

You could certainly put together the same itinerary on your own but you would be spending a massive amount of time in airports and truly schlepping your way around the world even in J all the way. We had VIP transit through every airport and spent minutes in each airport. On the FS journeys you literally do not touch your luggage from the moment you show up at the starting airport.

3 days seemed about right for each destination. There is usually just an overnight in the first and last city.
Thanks for the report, confirms my perception. Some might say that the jet is not actually private, or that you could plan your own trip on commercial air, but the key value appears to be that FS takes a lot of the friction out of such an adventure.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Frictionless for sure and the logistics were flawless. Re-entry into the real world was the only downside after being cocooned in luxury for 31/2 weeks!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by ERtraveler

Maybe....if you are an inexperienced traveler. I rarely spend more than 40 minutes in an airport when departing or 10 minutes when arriving. I never check bags, rarely even take a roller-board, and I never let anyone touch my hand carry. And why would you fly J on commercial. I always fly F and at a fraction of the cost of the FS jet, and in a much nicer seat. And who wants to wait for the rest of the group to board the bus or mini-van every time you're going to or from the airport or anywhere else. And staying at FS resorts... they're OK, but nothing to write home about and nowhere near as nice as other options.

Honestly, I have a hard time imagining why an experienced traveler would burn money on a glorified bus tour. But I guess different strokes for different folks.
EuropeanPete and lb8001 like this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

​​​​​​Right. Sounds like you would hate it. But I do not think it is possible to duplicate the total experience by piecing together commercial flights and planning everything to the nth degree. I meant to say F by the way. There is also no waiting for busses. All ground transportation is either cars or minivans for a max of 6 people. Quite often there were only 2 per vehicle. Ans no one missed capsules or F cocoons as seats were quite comfortable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.