Reload this Page >

Four Seasons Jet Journey...Any Takers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Jet Journey...Any Takers?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:59 pm

A colleague took a comparable trip in terms of length and luxury (not through FS though).

They loved it and the social aspect was a definite highlight. Having around 40 people experiencing the same destinations enhanced the trip for them. The demographics skewed towards the mid to late 60s, as you would expect, with a range of ~45-92 (the 92 was incredible to me). About 1/3 were retired docs and the rest were a smattering of retired lawyers and general business. A few had done several of these trips!

Some of the places they had previously visited, but putting together an end-to-end RTW tour was just not something they would do solo; not necessarily from lack of appetite, but due to time constraints and the headache of arranging everything.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
Crystal tried to do it with an 84-seat 777-200LR - but decided to just do straight charter instead of offering itineraries.

CNBC had a story about the A&K trip today.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/01/insi...the-world.html
Interesting article. I have taken a few shorter jet journeys with AK. Excellent outfit...also great for private tours. Their RTW trips sound similar to FS except FS serves Dom Perignon on board!

Last edited by ERtraveler; Nov 1, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by Milwaukee
A colleague took a comparable trip in terms of length and luxury (not through FS though).

They loved it and the social aspect was a definite highlight. Having around 40 people experiencing the same destinations enhanced the trip for them. The demographics skewed towards the mid to late 60s, as you would expect, with a range of ~45-92 (the 92 was incredible to me). About 1/3 were retired docs and the rest were a smattering of retired lawyers and general business. A few had done several of these trips!

Some of the places they had previously visited, but putting together an end-to-end RTW tour was just not something they would do solo; not necessarily from lack of appetite, but due to time constraints and the headache of arranging everything.
Thanks! I looked at a Stanford RTW trip a few years ago....not quite as deluxe as FS but similar concept and cost in today’s dolllars.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:13 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
I saw the plane on the tarmac in Morocco. Nice livery. I can see the attraction for some - I'd put my father on it.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TCS is the primary operator including for others including FS

there was article discussing backgrounds of pax on an FS trip
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
TCS is the primary operator including for others including FS

there was article discussing backgrounds of pax on an FS trip
However, TCS doesn't operate the jet. They charter.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

seems FS has long used TAG aviation, not sure if deal with FS or FS tour partners

point is TCS does the most trips, but seems lots of operators starting jet trips

airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-b757-26330.htm
airliners.net/search?airline=55171.54501&display=detail

seem to recall FS jet trips prior to when TAG got that plane

edit >
press.fourseasons.com/news-releases/four-seasons-a-history-of-innovation/
2012, when Four Seasons first introduced around the world and themed regional private jet tours
Interesting "Luxury Traveler" description
Four Seasons... JET??
World Travel with Four Seasons
FS Around the World Private Jet Tours

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 2, 2018 at 8:46 am
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
seems FS has long used TAG aviation, not sure if deal with FS or FS tour partners

point is TCS does the most trips, but seems lots of operators starting jet trips
Indeed...

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-tcsx
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:35 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
One thing is that FS basically takes care of everything, so perhaps it isn’t stressful to move around as quickly.

Also could appeal to people looking to travel as a group, if they like interacting with and meeting different people.

So many things to consider. At first glance I say the trips are not for me, but if money were no object I don’t know how I would see it.

If an itinerary would expose me to places I wouldn’t otherwise be likely to visit anytime soon, then I can see some value in that.
I could see the appeal for it if they added in a few more days at each destination, just one or two more...
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:14 pm
Original Member

I still can't see the appeal. The notion strikes me as anti-travel -- do as much as you can in every 24hr cycle, do not pause to pass go.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:55 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I think many here miss the point. I would never travel in a group like this, we value our privacy and our own company, however others like to make new connections with fellow travellers.

The FS Jet Experience allows you to pick as many choices as you wish in each destination or none at all. It does open doors that you may not be able to otherwise. There is a review in their mag, but it's hardly going to be independent https://www.fourseasons.com/magazine...ate-jet-review

Interesting, when in Egypt last I discovered that similar 'Extraordinary Experiences are available when staying on property https://www.fourseasons.com/content/...NCES-EGYPT.pdf

And now they offer private jet charters with Netjets https://www.fourseasons.com/netjets/
uggboy likes this.

Last edited by m0hamed; Nov 2, 2017 at 5:15 am
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:35 am

Wilderness

Originally Posted by ERtraveler
My DH and I are seriously considering booking a FS Jet Journey next year. Has anyone done this who can offer any feedback or advice?
Wilderness has also just kicked off their, another option to FS and Aman and they partner with others on their out of africa trip options
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
If I am not mistaken, Aman actually uses a larger aircraft for its journeys, but with fewer passengers. So, it sounds much more high end and personalized than FS trips.

The entire conept is not for me, and I suspect not for most/any forum regulars here. We already know where we want to go, and how to get there. And, even if money no object, spending the money on top suites/villas and/or truly flying privately would be the way to go.

However, for the right person, such as a someone with little time and little travel experience but plenty of money, it could be a great way to see the world. Hopefully it would lead to lengthier trips on one’s own afterwards.
We sell both the FS and Aman jet trips and they are really different in style and scope. Aman uses much smaller corporate size jets with what I would call "luxury business" seating - the goal of the jet is to move people between the Aman sites, and is an efficient and private form of transportation, but nothing more. The Aman trips tend to focus on specific areas, usually SE Asia, so the jet hops tend to be rather short, with more time at the resorts and on tour.

FS considers their branded jet part of the experience, and the range and seating options give them the ability to do much longer, round-the-world style journeys where the jet is as much 'home' as a means of transportation, when not in residence at a FS property during the trip. You see more of the world, but perhaps less 'in-depth'.

I would not sell one of these options based on aircraft preference, but rather interests, experience, schedule and price - the airplane is really secondary. I will say that FS is now getting into small group small jet charters along the same path as Aman, and I'm happy to work up any itinerary options for those who might be interested. While Aman is more Asia focused, the new FS trips should offer in depth experiences in other parts of the world.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:58 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by bocastephen
We sell both the FS and Aman jet trips and they are really different in style and scope. Aman uses much smaller corporate size jets with what I would call "luxury business" seating - the goal of the jet is to move people between the Aman sites, and is an efficient and private form of transportation, but nothing more. The Aman trips tend to focus on specific areas, usually SE Asia, so the jet hops tend to be rather short, with more time at the resorts and on tour.

FS considers their branded jet part of the experience, and the range and seating options give them the ability to do much longer, round-the-world style journeys where the jet is as much 'home' as a means of transportation, when not in residence at a FS property during the trip. You see more of the world, but perhaps less 'in-depth'.

I would not sell one of these options based on aircraft preference, but rather interests, experience, schedule and price - the airplane is really secondary. I will say that FS is now getting into small group small jet charters along the same path as Aman, and I'm happy to work up any itinerary options for those who might be interested. While Aman is more Asia focused, the new FS trips should offer in depth experiences in other parts of the world.
Hasn't Aman just launched the one that takes you from Montenegro to Tokyo (and all the way in between)?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Hasn't Aman just launched the one that takes you from Montenegro to Tokyo (and all the way in between)?
Yes, actually next April there is a longer journey, but if you look at the itinerary, it is a lot of short hops between cities and just extends out of Asia from India to Montenegro to Venice. Personally, I feel the Aman trips are more intimate and high-end, with more focus on specific regions and experiences. Less time on the plane, more time on the ground and in the resorts, however there are customers for either option - it just boils down to what you want to see and experience, where you want to go, and how intimate of a group you prefer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.