Reload this Page >

Four Seasons Jet Journey...Any Takers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Jet Journey...Any Takers?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:00 pm

My attitude is once it is paid for it is worth the trip, as it is a sunk cost then! It’s pulling the trigger to actually sign up and pay that is difficult. I would do it, but it would take some convincing to get hubby to come along. I don’t see that happening yet. Plus it seems there are too many places on the trip that I need to cross out due to breathing difficulties, or having been there done that already. I don’t see ever going to China or India, or Macchu Picchu. Easter Island and Galapagos are once and done. But the ATWT is on my list, and I always get what I want eventually.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

seems like shared charter would work great in difficult logistics areas like india , one factor is no PR value for that

wonder if cost to do 5BR emirates private jet trip including FS voavah would cost even more than $10k / nt per BR

FS trip having half empty short charter in galapagos was great and valuable (vs booking cruise)

btw not sure why but on FT the abbreviation used is RTW for round the world (airline tickets)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 26, 2018 at 2:19 pm
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
We had been eyeing various ATW trips and the FS World of Adventure was the first one that had no stops we had already been to. That was a huge plus. There were people aboard who were on their 2nd or 3rd FS trip and there was overlap in the stops from previous trips. That would be a negative and not a great value.
LinLant likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:02 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Wish FS would allow guests to go online and vote on destinations. Create an itinerary based on the top choices. I'm sure it's not as easy as it sounds but certainly, could be done
LinLant likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

There is an extensive survey after the trip covering all aspects of the experience and the entire team is highly responsive to feedback.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:00 am

I am enjoying this thread - and also a related (in all senses of the word??) thread on the Silversea forum on Cruise Critic.

The drawback for me and probably many other travellers is the need to be tied to the Four Seasons locations around the world. This is a bit limiting and possibly also a bit monotonous. However, the basic idea of zipping around the planet and ticking off a number of countries and bucket list sights is a good one and should ensure FS has capacity business for years to come.

If they were a bit more imaginative a northern hemisphere loop could look like this -

LosAngeles/Hawaii/Midway/WakeIsland/Kyoto/HongKong/Maldives/Baku/Amman/Marrakech/NewYork.
FlyerEC, BESVISOR and LinLant like this.

Last edited by Pausanias; Nov 26, 2018 at 3:11 am
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Two of the destinations on this trip were not Four Seasons so they aren’t completely tied to that restriction. Some of their trips have started in Hawaii and ended in London so it reduces the jet lag in between if travelers are also interested in spending additional time on either or both ends. I would actually be more interested in that variation of the itinerary. The ocean crossings are the hardest legs.

Not sure what there is to do on Wake or Midway...
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by ERtraveler
Not sure what there is to do on Wake or Midway...
Midway is a key place for WWII history buffs and there are plenty of those, as well as the descendants of US military personnel who would love to go there. Ditto Wake Island but it's also arguably the greatest place on Earth for sea-birds. There is actually a lodge there.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Perhaps a better trip for Nat Geo or Smithsonian.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:10 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
FS is upgrading the aircraft from a 757 to a A321Neo with a stand up bar. It looks incredible https://www.fourseasons.com/privatejet/2021/
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by m0hamed
FS is upgrading the aircraft from a 757 to a A321Neo with a stand up bar. It looks incredible https://www.fourseasons.com/privatejet/2021/
Wow, that looks amazing.

$140k is a lot of money but if you are the kind of person who flies privately it really isn't that bad for almost a month of travel.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by RoxyMountain
Wow, that looks amazing.

$140k is a lot of money but if you are the kind of person who flies privately it really isn't that bad for almost a month of travel.
Only that this jet is anything but 'private'
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:40 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scented
Only that this jet is anything but 'private'
Hear, hear. To me it just looks like current international business class with a bar added.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Hear, hear. To me it just looks like current international business class with a bar added.
It must offer something else... even with standard international business class seats I would guess you could fit a lot more than 48 on a 321. OTHO, it doesn't offer much privacy at all -- most modern international business class seats on a decent carrier are a lot better than this in every way (if your objective is privacy and sleep).

I would also say this is a significant upgrade from the 757. Which is a miserable plane to be a passenger in (mostly it is noisy and dated).
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:50 pm

The lavatories look very big and there appears to be lots of legroom. However, there doesn’t appear to be much privacy at all. I would hope that many of the flights are overnight. If you wanted to stretch out and take a nap it doesn’t appear that restful. I am not sure i would want to hang out in the bar much while flying, but to each their own.
The new planes do seem to be nicer than the older ones. The price is still too steep for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.