Search

Four Seasons Jet Journey...Any Takers?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:02 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
A&K...better at marketing than delivering.
^^^

Truer words rarely have been uttered in this forum.
KatW and BESVISOR like this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:47 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
I was curious after my TA mentioned this experience and just thought it was incredibly surprising that they dont have this plane configured with flat bed seats....I mean whats with that!?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:56 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
The seats on the FS branded 757 are absolutely Lie Flat Seats (78 inches/ 2 meters). Given that it's just a 757 (so they can land in smaller airports) I think the seats are actually done surprisingly well, certainly better than premium seats on any other commercial airline's 757 products.

The cabin lighting is fab as well and love the cashmere blankets
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
The seats on the FS branded 757 are absolutely Lie Flat Seats (78 inches/ 2 meters). Given that it's just a 757 (so they can land in smaller airports) I think the seats are actually done surprisingly well, certainly better than premium seats on any other commercial airline's 757 products.

The cabin lighting is fab as well and love the cashmere blankets
Bizzare, who knows what my TA was talking about when he mentioned this to me. You are of course correct and I just looked up the photos, although not my style as I dont like group travel with others I dont know, it looks well done.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2012 and 2013 not flatbed, after 2014 flatbed
plane not just for FS so re painted for FS trips
airliners.net/search?airline=55171.54501&display=detail
just FS vs TCS plus logo on tail, not big change

i liked eos airlines seats, but not designed for couples

current FS jet trip single supplement is only ~$10k

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 19, 2018 at 6:01 pm
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:56 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Bizzare, who knows what my TA was talking about when he mentioned this to me. You are of course correct and I just looked up the photos, although not my style as I dont like group travel with others I dont know, it looks well done.
I think most of us would agree that an 100% private experience would be ideal/preferred (but some actually really like meeting others..we've stayed in touch with friends we've met on trips and river cruises, makes travels more rewarding for my wife and I) but the group format actually makes this attainable and fantastic value for some people. While it's ~$125k per person, you're traveling via a semi-private jet fashion (no TSA, etc...) staying at FS properties, all inclusive for 3 - 4 weeks. If it were truly private, the price won't even cover the cost of a small jet across the globe and that many stops, not even close.

Also worth mentioning that the way the routes are designed is to minimize the duration of flights. They really don't want any leg of the trip to be longer than 8 hours on the plane. Help to ease jet lag as well (of course everyone responds differently to jet lag so it's not a silver bullet) I think they really did think a lot of details through and having been in operation for some time, ironed out the kinks. For the right customers, it's amazing value.

But you absolutely can't go into it expecting the same experience as if you were truly traveling private
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:07 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I can just imagine a very warm cabin followed by too many slow and tedious group tours with the ubiquitous two or three people asking insipid questions, the answers to which they’ll never bother to remember let alone about which they will care even an hour or two later. I already have a husband guilty of those sins. I couldn’t stomach more.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ERtraveler
In each destination there are 6-9 tour and activity options daily so the group breaks out into smaller groups of 6-8 people and many options are private, such as the guides/drivers and of course spa treatments.
with max 52 pax (curious how many it is)

including on chartered silversea galapagos ship, normally 100 pax

rwanda adds some value to the trip since $1500pp gorilla permit

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 19, 2018 at 3:14 pm
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I can just imagine a very warm cabin followed by too many slow and tedious group tours with the ubiquitous two or three people asking insipid questions, the answers to which they’ll never bother to remember let alone about which they will care even an hour or two later. I already have a husband guilty of those sins. I couldn’t stomach more.
^
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:11 pm
Suspended

I can't imagine the 757 is great for socializing - single aisle - narrow body - no bar I believe.

Crystal looks much nicer with the bar and dining area to mingle.

I can imagine on the 757s trying to take a nap with somebody standing in the aisle leaning on your seat shell back talking to the person in the row behind you and people walking back and forth up and down the aisle because they can. I guess the experience is good enough they are able to keep selling it. I wonder if they get many repeaters?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

very few trips.. by TCS (operates for FS)

crystal is charter only, 88 seats vs 24 dining seats

would be interesting - 10 suites >
emirates-executive.com

routes are designed is to minimize the duration of flights. They really don't want any leg of the trip to be longer than 8 hours on the plane. Help to ease jet lag
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I thought all the flights were daytime
charters can work well

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 19, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Old Oct 19, 2018, 5:27 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I thought all the flights were daytime to avoid needing to sleep in those seats?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 5:35 pm
Original Member

This sort of private jet tour appeals. Only 15 guests, suite stays in hotels, 15 Dsys. No gargantuan time zone issues.
2019 Europe Rediscovered by Private Jet ? Lakani World Tours
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Does anyone know how the money gets split up?

Is FS collecting the payment then paying parts to TCS for the flights, transfers and touring, then each hotel? I also wonder what type of rates the hotels get? I would think A&K negotiates for lower rates as a group w the hotels it uses.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:46 am

My wife and I looked into this, but have decided to hold off until we have more free time. We usually can squeeze a week at a time at most... The 3-4 weeks is a killer when being realistic. Wish they had a 1-2 week abbreviated "private jet tour" for about 30-50k per person. Anyone know of any options for a shorter time period?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.