Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Rosewood Hotels and Resorts

Rosewood Hotels and Resorts

Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by jbeans
Anyone stayed at Rosewood Phuket yet? Just booked it for later this year, curious to know what to expect.
The general consensus here seems to be that it's not amazing. There's been quite a few reports so far.

Maybe do a search.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:32 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Anyone stayed at Rosewood Phuket yet? Just booked it for later this year, curious to know what to expect.
Not in person but feedback from 3 sets of clients, 2 whom have been to Amanpuri multiple times....Hard product is great, if you like contemporary mixed in with some Thai flare. Service was great for 2 and mixed for 1. But both sets of clients whom have visited Amanpuri shared the beach at Rosewood is not nearly as nice and Amanpuri's.

Hope that helps. But if beach/water quality is important, I'd move. Amanpuri isn't what it once was but still has it's bright-spots and seems better than some alternatives. Check out Iniala as well. 40 minutes from Phuket and different than the usual suspects.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Not in person but feedback from 3 sets of clients, 2 whom have been to Amanpuri multiple times....Hard product is great, if you like contemporary mixed in with some Thai flare. Service was great for 2 and mixed for 1. But both sets of clients whom have visited Amanpuri shared the beach at Rosewood is not nearly as nice and Amanpuri's.

Hope that helps. But if beach/water quality is important, I'd move. Amanpuri isn't what it once was but still has it's bright-spots and seems better than some alternatives. Check out Iniala as well. 40 minutes from Phuket and different than the usual suspects.
We're more likely to be just lounging by the private pool, so beach quality isn't high on our list. But I'll definitely check out Iniala too. Thank you for the info and suggestion!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:04 pm
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
We're more likely to be just lounging by the private pool, so beach quality isn't high on our list. But I'll definitely check out Iniala too. Thank you for the info and suggestion!
Perfect and Rosewood does have great promotions available at times.

My pleasure and hope you guys have a great time
jbeans likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Okay, Rosewood Hong Kong's Virtuoso Amenities are finally announced per below.
For Rosewood Elite Agents, I suspect we'll be able to extend an upgrade at booking to clients.

VIRTUOSO PREVIEW OPENING OFFER
Available 17 March – 30 September 2019
Does this mean if I book for February 2020 the virtuoso benefits are not available? My travel agent booked it for me yesterday, but there were not perks/benefits available. I need those perks.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:08 am
formerly htang333

@Jerkstore

It's likely that they just haven't gotten to renewing the amenities for 2020 yet (Mostly likely, some of it will change) but I'm sure they'd be happy to manually add it or something similar for you.
If your TA is Rosewood Elite then he/she can get amenities for any year in the future, anyway. Elite amenities are better than Virtuoso. So if he/she is an Elite TA then that's the better booking channel, I think.

Seeing as I posted this a while ago, it's confirmed that Elite amenities will confirm upgrades at booking. I've been suggesting most of my clients to book a Deluxe Harbour Suite and upgrade to the Grand Harbour Corner Suite (with Manor Club access) at booking. I think that's the sweet spot in value.

Just visited 2 weeks ago and shared thoughts via the Rosewood HK thread. Hopefully, you will like it as much as I did
Jerkstore likes this.

Last edited by BESVISOR; Apr 3, 2019 at 11:15 am
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Same with FHR. They haven't loaded the benefits for 2020 yet. For this year, FHR has all the usual Rosewood bennies, upgrade, free brekkie, etc., plus $100 F&B credit. But even if it's not yet loaded, you can reserve now and they will update the reservation later.
Jerkstore likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Brilliant. Thanks all. Rosewood is charging about $550 a night February 2020. I booked it now in case the rates go up, which I think they will. Looks like a lovely place to spend 4 nights.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:08 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by Jerkstore
Brilliant. Thanks all. Rosewood is charging about $550 a night February 2020. I booked it now in case the rates go up, which I think they will. Looks like a lovely place to spend 4 nights.
If budget allows, I would highly recommend booking a Club Room. You should have a great stay regardless, but the Manor Club is really fabulous here!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: LH Senator
We were there this week and were utterly disappointed by this property. We had prepaid six nights in a beach front pool vila, but we decided to leave after only two nights,

We are now back at Trisara, which is hundred times nicer.
ABG and vuittonsofstyle like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Jerkstore
Just so you are aware, it is entirely possible that when they load the new rates/benefits, it could be a bit more expensive to have your reservation switched to one that receives the extra bennies. It isn't always the case, but it could happen.

And regarding the point about the Manor Club. I agree that it would greatly enhance your hotel experience and I look forward to trying it out. But that said, you are in Hong Kong! There are much more fun and interesting dining and bar experiences waiting outside the hotel. It's a choice you should think about and the answer will be different for each person.
Jerkstore likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:00 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
@Jerkstore for what it is worth, in the GDS Rosewood Hong Kong's Virtuoso rates are loaded for all of February 2020. The actual amenities are TBC, but the coding is already there.
Jerkstore likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by jmalux

We were there this week and were utterly disappointed by this property. We had prepaid six nights in a beach front pool vila, but we decided to leave after only two nights,

I did exactly the same as you - cut my stay short and went back to Trisara.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by jmalux

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I did exactly the same as you - cut my stay short and went back to Trisara.
Nooo that's terrible to hear. Would you guys mind elaborating a bit on what was so disappointing about the experience?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:00 am

Nooo that's terrible to hear. Would you guys mind elaborating a bit on what was so disappointing about the experience?
3 different architects were employed on this project - the first two were fired and the third was basically hired to try and put things right.
The resort is built right on the edge of Patong, which is Phuket's red light district, and yes, you can see it from the resort.
The 'beach' is a narrow strip, which is a public beach. The resort cannot put its own loungers on it, so you have to sit inside a little fence or around the pools (which are lovely). The 'beach' is accessed via a gate in a low picket fence.
If you take a beach villa, you can often hear noisy revellers from Patong getting drunk on the beach outside, which is not ideal, as these are meant to be the best accomodation.
Otherwise, you take a suite in the resort's concrete jungle, which can only be reached by calling for a buggy.
Basically, you enter the resort from a winding road at the top. The resort itself is built on concrete terraced platforms that go down to the lower level, where the pools are. I have rarely seen so much concrete in one resort.
The access roads are like concrete fairground slides that wind upwards - quite narow for the buggies and very ugly.
Butler service seems to revolve around them driving you in buggies from room to pools, to restaurants etc. Tip-hungry for sure.
Restaurants are quite good and nicely designed by the third architect on the project.
To sum up - wrong location, no beach, ugly, awkward design (although the interiors are quite nice) and tip-hungry butlers.
Why anyone would prefer this to Trisara is beyond me.
bhrubin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.