Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Rosewood Hotels and Resorts

Rosewood Hotels and Resorts

Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by stimpy
Well they used to call them houses. Now I see they are called Signature Suites. https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/lo...gnature-suites

But the bespoke quality of these suites and the grand premier suite https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/lo...-premier-suite are of such a high quality that I've never seen before in any luxury hotel. The heavy, yet perfectly balanced lacquered sliding door that separated the bedroom from living room must have costs thousands on its own. Other luxury hotels may have one or two of these items in a high end suite, but these suites are filled with them.
Totally agree. Haven't stayed but the photos look superb. I've been saving my pennies for a stay at the Manor House ever since I saw that marble "half globe" bathtub. Looks next level.
https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/lo...or-house-suite
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Nizar
Totally agree. Haven't stayed but the photos look superb. I've been saving my pennies for a stay at the Manor House ever since I saw that marble "half globe" bathtub. Looks next level.
https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/lo...or-house-suite
Most important for me is still the own postcode....
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Five Star Traveller
Rosewood Luang Prabang seems very intriguing to me, given Bill Bensley's work on the similar FS Golden Triangle. Only 22 villas/tents, which is comparable to Amantaka. I wonder if it's still on track to open first quarter 2018.
Yes, Luang Prabang is on track. Bensley is working with hotel consultant, Jason Friedman on this and all his other projects in Cambodia - Shinta Mani Wild, etc
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
Well they used to call them houses. Now I see they are called Signature Suites. https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/lo...gnature-suites

But the bespoke quality of these suites and the grand premier suite https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/lo...-premier-suite are of such a high quality that I've never seen before in any luxury hotel. The heavy, yet perfectly balanced lacquered sliding door that separated the bedroom from living room must have costs thousands on its own. Other luxury hotels may have one or two of these items in a high end suite, but these suites are filled with them.
I stayed in the Grand Premier Suite and it is absolutely stunning. Quite possibly the finest, most extravagant and comfortable room I've ever stayed on a vacation. How I ended up in this suite is a story for another post at another time.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:46 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Yes, Luang Prabang is on track. Bensley is working with hotel consultant, Jason Friedman on this and all his other projects in Cambodia - Shinta Mani Wild, etc
Shinta Mani wild looks exciting!

And yes, I love the look of Rosewood Luang Prabang. In fact, it's the sole reason I'm writing from Amanjiwo right now (absolutely incredible by the way!) instead of from Luang Prabang - I'm waiting for Rosewood to open up before I plan a trip to Luang Prabang...might as well do them all in one go. It was a choice between Yogyakarta or Luang Prabang and I picked the former.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Shinta Mani wild looks exciting!

And yes, I love the look of Rosewood Luang Prabang. In fact, it's the sole reason I'm writing from Amanjiwo right now (absolutely incredible by the way!) instead of from Luang Prabang - I'm waiting for Rosewood to open up before I plan a trip to Luang Prabang...might as well do them all in one go. It was a choice between Yogyakarta or Luang Prabang and I picked the former.
Shinta Mani Wild is extremely similar to Bensley's Four Seasons Tented Camp, right down to the Indiana Jones rope bridge. Jason Friedman was opening GM there, so the pair are back together again with this project and all the other new Bensley Collection resorts in Cambodia.

Worth waiting for Rosewood Luang Prabang, as it is so different from the more central hotels - Azerai and Amantaka. I could see some people splitting their stay between the Rosewood and the Aman/Azerai.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Shinta Mani Wild is extremely similar to Bensley's Four Seasons Tented Camp, right down to the Indiana Jones rope bridge. Jason Friedman was opening GM there, so the pair are back together again with this project and all the other new Bensley Collection resorts in Cambodia.

Worth waiting for Rosewood Luang Prabang, as it is so different from the more central hotels - Azerai and Amantaka. I could see some people splitting their stay between the Rosewood and the Aman/Azerai.
Personally I look forward to splitting my stay between the Rosewood and Belmond La Rsidence Phou Vao
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:54 am

Personally I look forward to splitting my stay between the Rosewood and Belmond La Rsidence Phou Vao
Really? Have you been there before? It is such a tired hotel with extremely dated rooms, even at the top end. It bears no comparison to the quality of Azerai or Amantaka.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really? Have you been there before? It is such a tired hotel with extremely dated rooms, even at the top end. It bears no comparison to the quality of Azerai or Amantaka.
No I haven't been. Is it dated in a 70's sense or a Laos sense? This picture looks ok to me. https://belmondcdn.azureedge.net/......_1280x1280.jpg

Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:09 am

The Belmond is dated in a 70s sense - I see there are no photos of the bathroom! The photos you have posted reflect the look of all 34 'junior suites' which are really just moderately sized deluxe doubles.

Shockingly, the bathrooms only have in-tub showers and are very tired indeed. Rates vary according to the view - the 'best' being a Mountain Pool View.

Also, check out the prices of Belmond compared to Azerai - they are almost twice the amount for what is very sub-standard accommodation.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Belmond is dated in a 70s sense - I see there are no photos of the bathroom! The photos you have posted reflect the look of all 34 'junior suites' which are really just moderately sized deluxe doubles.

Shockingly, the bathrooms only have in-tub showers and are very tired indeed. Rates vary according to the view - the 'best' being a Mountain Pool View.

Also, check out the prices of Belmond compared to Azerai - they are almost twice the amount for what is very sub-standard accommodation.
OK, thanks for the advice.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:05 am
Original Poster

No I haven't been. Is it dated in a 70's sense or a Laos sense? This picture looks ok to me. https://belmondcdn.azureedge.net/......_1280x1280.jpg
The Belmond PVs location on a hill gives it an edge I think and that would make the trip a little more special . Not sure about the hardware because I stayed there when it was a Pansea in the 90s and we were glad to have a place to bath , eat and sleep. It was fun then , as in LP and the complete blackout of the hotel made it memorable .

My Azerai stay was uneventful even a little underwhelming lacking an "aura" - service was great though. Only advantage is the closeness of the night market.

Rosewood LP is certainly on my list but I must say i am usually not a fan of Bill Bensley designs.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:15 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

How about the Rosewood Jeddah?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
How about the Rosewood Jeddah?
saw it a couple of months ago (but didn't stay there) and I personally didn't like it. Stayed at the new Assila which is run by Rocco Forte and was excellent in design and felt really European, rather than plush and golden. Restaurant choices are excellent as well!
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:10 pm

Rosewood news:

Germany's first Rosewood to open in 2023: Travel Weekly

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300566586.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.