Rosewood Hotels and Resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rosewood Hotels and Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by scented
Anyone stayed at Rosewood Phuket already? Would be interested to stay there in 2018.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28978594-post38.html

Seems it's been delayed in opening
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scented
Anyone stayed at Rosewood Phuket already? Would be interested to stay there in 2018.
Am looking forward to Rosewood Phuket too , suspect a very soft opening mid/late December .
So will most likely go beginning of 2nd quarter next year no matter the weather .
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I hope that timeline is indeed the case as I would love to stop by for dinner while I’m in the area in mid/late December.

Originally Posted by bearbrick
Am looking forward to Rosewood Phuket too , suspect a very soft opening mid/late December .
So will most likely go beginning of 2nd quarter next year no matter the weather .
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by callmedtop
I hope that timeline is indeed the case as I would love to stop by for dinner while I’m in the area in mid/late December.
No sooner had I posted the above , received an email from Rosewood Phuket - they open this 20th November with a charms of the Andaman offer with breakfast , wellness treatments , dinner transfers etc lots of goodies indeed but there is a 4 day minimum stay to qualify . Unheard of !

If you do stop by for dinner and a visit or even stay , do let us know your impressions !
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Guess it's time Rosewood had its own thread .
They continue to surprise with gems like this .

https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/grosvenor-square

This should become their London flagship
I've been a Rosewood fan since staying at the old Rosewood Al Khozama about 20 years ago. But I would question the assumption that the Grosvenor property will become the London Flagship. Yes it is better located for tourists, but the current Rosewood London is a very special hotel and better located for many many businesspeople and lawyers. The level of quality in the top suites/houses is stunning. But I hope to try out the Grosvenor property when it opens.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:05 pm
Original Member

I'll be interested to know what they do with that brutalist behemonth of concrete that squats so unattractively on the square.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:23 am

Me, too. I think it will need time to settle down.
bearbrick likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:10 am

Rosewood Luang Prabang seems very intriguing to me, given Bill Bensley's work on the similar FS Golden Triangle. Only 22 villas/tents, which is comparable to Amantaka. I wonder if it's still on track to open first quarter 2018.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Five Star Traveller
Rosewood Luang Prabang seems very intriguing to me, given Bill Bensley's work on the similar FS Golden Triangle. Only 22 villas/tents, which is comparable to Amantaka. I wonder if it's still on track to open first quarter 2018.
Interesting to me too. This is one rare instance where I'd like to try out a new property very early rather than later.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stimpy
I've been a Rosewood fan since staying at the old Rosewood Al Khozama about 20 years ago. But I would question the assumption that the Grosvenor property will become the London Flagship. Yes it is better located for tourists, but the current Rosewood London is a very special hotel and better located for many many businesspeople and lawyers. The level of quality in the top suites/houses is stunning. But I hope to try out the Grosvenor property when it opens.
For sure the Holborn location is an excellent location and popular with the medical fraternity too and I like the lambs conduit street environs with the quirky Persephone bookshop , a favourite .The hotel itself is wonderful but for me at least is too rambling and impersonal - the connected ballroom / conference area doesn't help either. Would place it at a high grade Grand Hyatt level property. The property being owned by the owners of Rosewood may make the debate for a " flagship" for two hotels in the same city very interesting indeed.
Objectively though I would think the environs of Mayfair and the smaller number of rooms ( - hope they will " isolate " the rooms from the ballrooms / conferencing areas well .) will place it a notch above Holborn - a Park Hyatt level grade as it were .
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For sure the Holborn location is an excellent location and popular with the medical fraternity too and I like the lambs conduit street environs with the quirky Persephone bookshop , a favourite .The hotel itself is wonderful but for me at least is too rambling and impersonal - the connected ballroom / conference area doesn't help either. Would place it at a high grade Grand Hyatt level property. The property being owned by the owners of Rosewood may make the debate for a " flagship" for two hotels in the same city very interesting indeed.
Objectively though I would think the environs of Mayfair and the smaller number of rooms ( - hope they will " isolate " the rooms from the ballrooms / conferencing areas well .) will place it a notch above Holborn - a Park Hyatt level grade as it were .
Hmm. I never encountered the ballroom so perhaps it depends on what your room is. If you are in one of the houses you should perhaps never encounter anyone, especially the house that has its own entrance. I'm not sure how you could compare this hotel with a Hyatt?!? The amount of money they spent on the furnishings in the Grand Premier Suite I had probably equals the cost of an entire Hyatt House Hotel. And no Hyatt in the world has such upscale houses and suites. Not even a Park Hyatt. Not even close.

As for the new Rosewood London hotel, we'll have to see. My point is that we cannot automatically anoint it as the Rosewood Flagship for London.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KatW
I'll be interested to know what they do with that brutalist behemonth of concrete that squats so unattractively on the square.
and that's why I think David Chipperfield was a most inspired choice ( not that partial to his stuff though ). Hope he will bring a touch of humour and a real sense of place for this blight on the landscape of the area . Use to have to visit the embassy fairly often and disliked the experience every time.
one thing that may be an obstacle is the height of floors for the rooms - if it's too low - that would a big issue .
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stimpy
Hmm. I never encountered the ballroom so perhaps it depends on what your room is. If you are in one of the houses you should perhaps never encounter anyone, especially the house that has its own entrance. I'm not sure how you could compare this hotel with a Hyatt?!? The amount of money they spent on the furnishings in the Grand Premier Suite I had probably equals the cost of an entire Hyatt House Hotel. And no Hyatt in the world has such upscale houses and suites. Not even a Park Hyatt. Not even close.

As for the new Rosewood London hotel, we'll have to see. My point is that we cannot automatically anoint it as the Rosewood Flagship for London.
they have houses ? Residences I imagine ? Didn't realise that - they must be on the left side as you enter the arch to the property .
I was looking for the Spa and got lost ( not unlike a scene from Harry Potter ) and that's how I found myself in the ballroom wing .
Think the new owners of Rosewood use the same designers as their ( was) Hyatt and New World properties but as London was their first foray under them I guess they splurged !

my previous Rosewood stays and experiences have been good too , with Seiyo Ginza and The Dharmawangsa but those were more like franchised properties I think and Dinner at the Mansion Turtle creek with family ages ( think 80s ) ago and tea and room visit at the Lanesborough as a friend was staying there .
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

they have houses ?
Well they used to call them houses. Now I see they are called Signature Suites. https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/lo...gnature-suites

But the bespoke quality of these suites and the grand premier suite https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/lo...-premier-suite are of such a high quality that I've never seen before in any luxury hotel. The heavy, yet perfectly balanced lacquered sliding door that separated the bedroom from living room must have costs thousands on its own. Other luxury hotels may have one or two of these items in a high end suite, but these suites are filled with them.
bearbrick likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Sure there will be a flagship? Why not 2 different hotels on one level?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.