Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury cabin, Vermont, Maine, Quebec, etc?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:22 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom
Original Poster

Hello,

With firirnds, This summer we’re planninh to rent a luxury house somewhere in the northeast, unless maybe there’s somewhere else like Great Lakes area, etc that we should consider. We want to be near the water to either rent or have access to a boat, too. I’ve been looking at Airbnb but didn’t know if people knew about a specific area we should target?

No hotels really met my standard up there, and were frankly way to small and lacked privacy, so houses seem like the only luxury option I could find.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:30 am
Original Member

This could work:
Dragonwatch Cottage on Lake Massawippi in southeadter Quebec, close to Vermont border:

https://www.manoirhovey.com/en/accom...nwatch-cottage
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KatW
This could work:
Dragonwatch Cottage on Lake Massawippi in southeadter Quebec, close to Vermont border:

https://www.manoirhovey.com/en/accom...nwatch-cottage
That's where the Clintons where this summer. That aside, it is one of the top resorts in that region and all of Canada
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:44 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom
Original Poster

Thank you for sending. We're looking for something a bit bigger, 4-6 bedrooms with 5000 square feet or so.

But, do you think this would be a good local to start looking for homes? Or any other areas with beautiful landscapes?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DSI
Thank you for sending. We're looking for something a bit bigger, 4-6 bedrooms with 5000 square feet or so.

But, do you think this would be a good local to start looking for homes? Or any other areas with beautiful landscapes?
Mont Tremblant probably has a lot of choices too. If you don't mind going into Ontario then I'd suggest Georgian Bay, Orilla or Lake Rosseau.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Check out Lake Kora in the Adirondack Mountains of New York: http://www.lakekora.com/
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:35 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by DSI

We were gobsmacked by the beauty of this southeastern corner of Quebec. Hoping to return maybe to that cottage. Many lakes in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.