Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Do any luxury hotels use decent toilet paper?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do any luxury hotels use decent toilet paper?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TObject
Bring your own.

Travel tip: custom printed toilet paper can double as business cards.
Kind of defeats the purpose of staying at luxury hotel then. Might as well do AirBnB

As scented said, the top properties
in this forum, should be willing to get you a pack of the city/region's finest TP if they don't carry any.
TObject likes this.

Last edited by Aventine; Oct 17, 2017 at 3:39 am
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by TObject
Bring your own.

Travel tip: custom printed toilet paper can double as business cards.
Trump int’l hotels could consider that. The toilet paper could be embossed with the company name and a picture of the owner. Just as he did with water bottles at Trump int’l New York.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Interesting to see a thread discussing toilet paper spread into 2 pages.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Interesting to see a thread discussing toilet paper spread into 2 pages.
Haha.

It’s actually something I never have given much thought to.

I think it depends on local customs, but in my opinion any hotel should have some kind of a bidet, whether it’s a Japanese style washlet, or otherwise.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Haha.

It’s actually something I never have given much thought to.

I think it depends on local customs, but in my opinion any hotel should have some kind of a bidet, whether it’s a Japanese style washlet, or otherwise.
Actually in some parts of Asia, the prefered way to clean the backside is still using a handheld shower jet. I googled "toilet paper wiki" and was surprised to read that toilet paper was actually invented in China, of all places.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Actually in some parts of Asia, the prefered way to clean the backside is still using a handheld shower jet. I googled "toilet paper wiki" and was surprised to read that toilet paper was actually invented in China, of all places.
That is one of the options I was referring to as some kind of a bidet function. That’s actually the norm in Thailand, however toilet paper is still of course necessary.

The funny thing is that The Peninsula Bangkok, which has some of the best in room technology and room design in the world, left out this obvious necessity.

It’s funny how we even got onto this topic though...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:41 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mike is right, it is funny, but I am not sure if it is funny haha or funny peculiar.

I am going to give the topic a rest (and I am strongly resisting adding in some 'appropriate' humor as I do so).

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.