Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

How to go about planning my first African luxury safari?

How to go about planning my first African luxury safari?

Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Carlos Araujo
Are lodges at this price point able to provide spotless clean rooms? I’d hate to pay USD 2k/pp/night and have to sleep with spiders inside the room
How should they? It´s not even possible in Europe or America. There shouldn´t be old spider webs in the room but you can´t fully avoid some spiders. Only possible option may be the heavy use of chemistry but I don´t want to sleep in a room which is full of poison.
Old May 4, 2021, 9:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

After considering a number of options, my fiancé and I have decided on South Africa and Mozambique for our August 2022 honeymoon. I have been working with Rhino Africa to create a 12 night trip for us and I wanted to get some opinions from folks who have visited South Africa/Mozambique and hopefully some of the lodges we are considering.

Our basic itinerary will look like:
3 nights Timbavati
4 nights Sabi Sands
5 nights Mozambique

We hoped initially to add the Seychelles instead of Mozambique, but I think logistically and for ease of transfers, Mozambique will end up making more sense for a relaxing beach stay to finish our trip.

With a generous budget on this trip, we will definitely be able to go to some of the nicest lodges, but some are out of our price range. In saying so it’s kind of become a pick and choose as to on what stop along the trip we want to spend more. This balancing act unfortunately eliminated the Singita properties, as they are just too expensive, but hopefully that just means we can return for another trip to stay there. With this being said, the 2 itineraries that will fit in our budget and that make sense to me are as follows. Please let me know any feedback or suggestions folks might have. By the way, this will be the first time my fiancé and I are traveling to Africa.

Option 1:
RockFig Safari Lodge
Londolozi Tree Camp
The Chapel at Santorini

Option 2:
Kings Camp
Silvan Safari
Azura Benguerra Island

Please let me know any suggestions or any specific experience with these properties! Thanks in advance for any information!
Old May 4, 2021, 6:18 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by threepointkid
After considering a number of options, my fiancé and I have decided on South Africa and Mozambique for our August 2022 honeymoon. I have been working with Rhino Africa to create a 12 night trip for us and I wanted to get some opinions from folks who have visited South Africa/Mozambique and hopefully some of the lodges we are considering.

Our basic itinerary will look like:
3 nights Timbavati
4 nights Sabi Sands
5 nights Mozambique

We hoped initially to add the Seychelles instead of Mozambique, but I think logistically and for ease of transfers, Mozambique will end up making more sense for a relaxing beach stay to finish our trip.

With a generous budget on this trip, we will definitely be able to go to some of the nicest lodges, but some are out of our price range. In saying so it’s kind of become a pick and choose as to on what stop along the trip we want to spend more. This balancing act unfortunately eliminated the Singita properties, as they are just too expensive, but hopefully that just means we can return for another trip to stay there. With this being said, the 2 itineraries that will fit in our budget and that make sense to me are as follows. Please let me know any feedback or suggestions folks might have. By the way, this will be the first time my fiancé and I are traveling to Africa.

Option 1:
RockFig Safari Lodge
Londolozi Tree Camp
The Chapel at Santorini

Option 2:
Kings Camp
Silvan Safari
Azura Benguerra Island

Please let me know any suggestions or any specific experience with these properties! Thanks in advance for any information!
Can't comment on any of the above but for the Mozambique component, maybe look at Kisawa Sanctuary

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.