Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Day by Day at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, Baja California, Mexico (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Day by Day at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, Baja California, Mexico (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL PM
KatW, your reviews and photos have been really helpful as I consider the property. How was your October stay? We are thinking about going late-September/early October.
And do you think four nights is enough for a first time experience? Thanks for any insight.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:56 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Hiya Umbrella, It will be HOT in late September but bearable if you are not too fussy. For best weather think mid-November to mid-April. This latter period includes whales as well. September will be somewhat less expensive than good weather months -- at LVP that difference matters.

As for four nights, depends from whence you fly. From SFO or LA or Phoenix, the flights are short enough to make four nights definitely OK.

Our November stay was fabulous ... I think we will return yet again this fall for five nights.
umbrella007 likes this.

Last edited by KatW; Jul 17, 2018 at 10:07 pm
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:17 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBobi
There is a known issue with some EXIF data. FT has no photo editing tools, so the only way to fix is for the OP to change the photo orientation and then re-upload.
Sorry to be tardy responding to this. The OP uploaded the photos rightside up in the first place. She has no idea how to do otherwise. She does not think the issue is properly understood.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by KatW
Hiya Umbrella, It will be HOT in late September but bearable if you are not too fussy. For best weather think mid-November to mid-April. This latter period includes whales as well. September will be somewhat less expensive than good weather months -- at LVP that difference matters.

As for four nights, depends from whence you fly. From SFO or LA or Phoenix, the flights are short enough to make four nights definitely OK.

Our November stay was fabulous ... I think we will return yet again this fall for five nights.

Thanks so much, Kat. We'll be in SAN for a conference, so I was thinking this might be a good long weekend add-on since it is only a two-hour flight from there. We'll probably fly direct home from SJD, which will be the same long-haul as flying home from SAN. At first I was looking at destinations in the western U.S., but once I read your reviews and others and realized it was just a two-hour flight, seemed like a good time to check it out.

We've been to Jumby Bay in August which was crazy hot but worth it. Never been to Mexico though, and it looks like September is their rain month like the Caribbean, so a bit torn.

Last edited by umbrella007; Jul 18, 2018 at 3:53 pm
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:42 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

No need to worry about rain. Baja gets very little precipitation, historically rains only two days in September. Daytime temos around 90F.
umbrella007 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:03 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I caved. We're headed back to Las Ventanas al Paraiso in two weeks. Yay! Don't laugh ... we'll be saving money (!) by staying in the Ty Warner Penthouse (two bedrooms) which is half the cost of a one-bedroom Signature Villa with pool. No pool with Penthouse but an oversize jacuzzi which we can set to be just slightly warm and pretend it is a pool.

FlyerEC, bhrubin and BESVISOR like this.

Last edited by KatW; Oct 18, 2018 at 9:33 pm
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:46 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Also, I will enjoy the hell out of pitchers of rum punch and sangria.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:48 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KatW
I caved. We're headed back to Las Ventanas al Paraiso in two weeks. Yay! Don't laugh ... we'll be saving money (!) by staying in the Ty Warner Penthouse (two bedrooms) which is half the cost of a one-bedroom Signature Villa with pool. No pool with Penthouse but an oversize jacuzzi which we can set to be just slightly warm and pretend it is a pool.

Our return to Las Ventanas is all umbrella007's fault. Leaving early tomorrow morning. A respite from the current national tribulations.
bhrubin, BESVISOR and Rumples like this.

Last edited by KatW; Oct 28, 2018 at 5:16 pm
Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:17 pm

Have a wonderful stay. Las Ventanas seems like a delightful place to relax!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:35 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

We're here! of course we bought up to a Signature Villa. Such sybarites are we.

offerendum, bhrubin and BESVISOR like this.

Last edited by KatW; Oct 29, 2018 at 2:42 pm
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:59 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
@KatW, you're trying to steal our sybarite middle names, I see! Love that you upgraded anyway. Enjoy! Happy birthday!

Last edited by bhrubin; Oct 29, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:15 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Birthday balloons and orchids

Birthday flowers Plus red velvet bday cake in fridge, champagne and smoked salmon.
callmedtop, bhrubin and BESVISOR like this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:24 pm

What a wonderful way to start your visit! Happy Birthday!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:50 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Looking forward to some beautiful pictures. Las Ventanas is on my somday list.
Happy Bday!
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:49 am
Original Member
Original Poster

It's the Little Things at the LVP villa

Sunset

More sunset

Mermaid shower handle

offerendum, bhrubin and LinLant like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.