Reload this Page >

There's Coffee in this thread -- Luxury Coffee and more

Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

MODS: Maybe we can separate or merge the coffee posts from the Luxury space, style, decor thread please?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if it was limited to coffee at luxury hotels?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
if it was limited to coffee at luxury hotels?
Luxury coffee, hotels and travel? Nespresso makes the cut.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

might be work for mods when some posts were not just re coffee

and not sure re opinions of author, other respondents, moderators

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 20, 2017 at 11:04 am
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:49 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Best coffee I had was at Goldeneye; 10 years ago. They had Blue Mountain beans and a French press in the room. Delish. While I love the convenience of a pod based system, let's face it, most aren't terribly good. Amandari also deliver with solid French press coffee as well. When I was at Amanjiwo they put one of this huge super automatics in the room (commercial grade one) which unfortunately didn't quite deliver...

fdw
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:53 am

Amans don't quite get specialty coffee, which is sometimes due to their remote location. Their basic black American coffee is excellent, though. Aman Venice may be the obvious exception to the rule.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:17 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Worst coffee making facilities I had was at FS Jimbaran bay many years ago. There was a mini press can and EVERY SINGLE TIME I made coffee, it was a mess all over. I told the GM, so i hope it is changed.

Otherwise when it comes to morning coffee, I am happy as long as it is not weak and that I do not have to interact with ANYONE before having had at least one cup. Some Amans does not provide coffee making facilities in room, but has always been good at delivering a huge pot outside my room without knocking at an agreed time (only problem is that no matter how early I set this pre-agreed time, I wake up even earlier wishing I had a machine or at least a water boiler and instant coffee in room). Great in room coffee making facilities has complimentary fresh milk in the minibar next to the coffee machine and remembers that I take sweetener and not normal sugar so that I do not have to call for that when there is no sweeteners left. Also they remember that I find decaf coffee to be a complete waste. Give me loads of standard coffee instead.

In terms of which machine, I think it is most important that the machine does not make a lot of noice, like the Nespresso machines normally do and that the coffee is quick to make. Also, if I decide to move the coffee machine to a place where I will not disturb anyone early morning, it should be left there. I do not know how many times I have had to say so, they even move it back at turn down and the last thing I want to do after dinner is to rearrange everything to my liking.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Musken
Worst coffee making facilities I had was at FS Jimbaran bay many years ago. There was a mini press can and EVERY SINGLE TIME I made coffee, it was a mess all over. I told the GM, so i hope it is changed.

Otherwise when it comes to morning coffee, I am happy as long as it is not weak and that I do not have to interact with ANYONE before having had at least one cup. Some Amans does not provide coffee making facilities in room, but has always been good at delivering a huge pot outside my room without knocking at an agreed time (only problem is that no matter how early I set this pre-agreed time, I wake up even earlier wishing I had a machine or at least a water boiler and instant coffee in room). Great in room coffee making facilities has complimentary fresh milk in the minibar next to the coffee machine and remembers that I take sweetener and not normal sugar so that I do not have to call for that when there is no sweeteners left. Also they remember that I find decaf coffee to be a complete waste. Give me loads of standard coffee instead.

In terms of which machine, I think it is most important that the machine does not make a lot of noice, like the Nespresso machines normally do and that the coffee is quick to make. Also, if I decide to move the coffee machine to a place where I will not disturb anyone early morning, it should be left there. I do not know how many times I have had to say so, they even move it back at turn down and the last thing I want to do after dinner is to rearrange everything to my liking.
You made me smile with that FS Jimbaran comment... I still remember these awful cans! Last time I stayed -- still no proper coffee machines. Might have changed with the renovation these days, but I cannot tell you as I avoid. Frightful place.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:26 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Best coffee I had was at Goldeneye; 10 years ago. They had Blue Mountain beans and a French press in the room. Delish. While I love the convenience of a pod based system, let's face it, most aren't terribly good. Amandari also deliver with solid French press coffee as well. When I was at Amanjiwo they put one of this huge super automatics in the room (commercial grade one) which unfortunately didn't quite deliver...

fdw
Funny, as some of the best we've had was at Goldeneye's sister property, The Caves. Same deal with blue mountain beans and in-room french press. Still have fond memories of sipping it while staring at the sea in the morning.

Our absolute favorite coffee was probably at Inkaterra Machu Picchu, where it's grown and roasted onsite. Absolutely delicious.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:58 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have no idea what other threads the OP is referring to in the first post, but it sure seems like a strange way to start a thread. If anyone has a message for the mods, by far the best way to reach us is by private message or clicking on the red circle on any post (which alerts the moderators).

The best place to start a thread on coffee would be in the Dining Buzz forum. I am going to close this one. Let the mods know if you think there is a good reason for re-opening it.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.