Best Hotel LA

Old Jul 14, 17, 9:45 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 323
Best Hotel LA

Please list your top 3 hotel choices in LA for a married couple, no kids. I dont want a ton of qualifier questions. Just imagine a good friend with an unlimited budget told you he was coming to LA for 3 nights and wanted to know the best place in town to stay. List top 3. Thanks.
jakemalloy is offline  
Old Jul 14, 17, 9:54 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
LA is huge. Depends on the area, of course. I like shutters.
surftb15 is offline  
Old Jul 14, 17, 10:05 pm
  #3  
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,581
Originally Posted by jakemalloy View Post
Please list your top 3 hotel choices in LA for a married couple, no kids. I dont want a ton of qualifier questions. Just imagine a good friend with an unlimited budget told you he was coming to LA for 3 nights and wanted to know the best place in town to stay. List top 3. Thanks.
Good recent thread posted here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...rly-hills.html
obscure2k is offline  
Old Jul 14, 17, 10:09 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 323
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
LA is huge. Depends on the area, of course. I like shutters.
I dont care where - from Malibu to Long Beach.
jakemalloy is offline  
Old Jul 14, 17, 10:22 pm
  #5  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Northern California USA
Posts: 2,286
1. the Beverly Hills Hotel
2. Peninsula Beverly Hills
KatW is offline  
Old Jul 14, 17, 10:30 pm
  #6  
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,581
Hotel Bel Air and Chateau Marmont come to mind. Not known as particularly kid friendly. Bel Air has mixed reviews on this forum post renovation. Shutters is nice but very kid friendly.
obscure2k is offline  
Old Jul 14, 17, 10:41 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Washington (home); KSA (work)
Posts: 81
1. Bel Air Hotel
2. Hotel Bel Air
3. The Bel Air
Vaterland is offline  
Old Jul 14, 17, 11:01 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Here, there … you know how it goes.
Posts: 1,516
1) BHH
2) Hotel Bel Air
3) the new Waldorf Astoria property (caveat: have not yet stayed)
aa213bb is offline  
Old Jul 14, 17, 11:18 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: La Jolla, California
Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Posts: 1,017
Originally Posted by obscure2k View Post
Hotel Bel Air and Chateau Marmont come to mind. Not known as particularly kid friendly. Bel Air has mixed reviews on this forum post renovation. Shutters is nice but very kid friendly.
Chuckle, chuckle. Have you actually STAYED in a room at the Chateau Marmont?
mike_la_jolla is online now  
Old Jul 14, 17, 11:29 pm
  #10  
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,581
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla View Post
Chuckle, chuckle. Have you actually STAYED in a room at the Chateau Marmont?
Never
I have lived here all of my life. I know that it is definitely NOT kid-friendly. Location is convenient. Peninsula or Bel Air is more my style. Thanks for asking.
obscure2k is offline  
Old Jul 14, 17, 11:45 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: La Jolla, California
Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Posts: 1,017
Originally Posted by obscure2k View Post
Never
I have lived here all of my life. I know that it is definitely NOT kid-friendly. Location is convenient. Peninsula or Bel Air is more my style. Thanks for asking.
Sorry to hear that. I found the rooms to be a something like a third world prison from the fifties. The restaurant is terrific.
mike_la_jolla is online now  
Old Jul 15, 17, 1:28 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Gold Coast AUS
Programs: QF P1, VA Velocity, Etihad P, IHG SPE Amb, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by jakemalloy View Post
Please list your top 3 hotel choices in LA for a married couple, no kids. I dont want a ton of qualifier questions. Just imagine a good friend with an unlimited budget told you he was coming to LA for 3 nights and wanted to know the best place in town to stay. List top 3. Thanks.
1) Bel Air ....


Distantly following .....
2) Four Seasons
3) Peninsula
drpopper is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 4:06 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: France
Posts: 938
Hotel Bel Air (if unlimited budget the presidential suite with private pool is unique)
Pierre&Cédric is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 6:14 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 1,363
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla View Post
Sorry to hear that. I found the rooms to be a something like a third world prison from the fifties. The restaurant is terrific.
Did you ever actually STAY in a third world prison in the 1950s?

Last edited by Pausanias; Jul 15, 17 at 6:48 am
Pausanias is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 7:01 am
  #15  
Aman Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 388
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric View Post
Hotel Bel Air (if unlimited budget the presidential suite with private pool is unique)
I would say some of the speciality suites at HBA would be my choice.

also, look at specialty suites at Beverly Hills Hotel.

Both hotels have their fans and their critics as they do have distinct styles...

Also of interest might be some of the penthouse suites and the villa suites at the new Waldorf Astoria. I don't think we have any data points from FTers yet but the property is stunning
Cityflyer10 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: