FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Best Hotel Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1853925-best-hotel-los-angeles.html)

jakemalloy Jul 14, 2017 8:45 pm

Best Hotel Los Angeles

Please list your top 3 hotel choices in LA for a married couple, no kids. I dont want a ton of qualifier questions. Just imagine a good friend with an unlimited budget told you he was coming to LA for 3 nights and wanted to know the best place in town to stay. List top 3. Thanks.

surftb15 Jul 14, 2017 8:54 pm

LA is huge. Depends on the area, of course. I like shutters.

obscure2k Jul 14, 2017 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by jakemalloy (Post 28562201)
Please list your top 3 hotel choices in LA for a married couple, no kids. I dont want a ton of qualifier questions. Just imagine a good friend with an unlimited budget told you he was coming to LA for 3 nights and wanted to know the best place in town to stay. List top 3. Thanks.

Good recent thread posted here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...rly-hills.html

jakemalloy Jul 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by surftb15 (Post 28562224)
LA is huge. Depends on the area, of course. I like shutters.

I dont care where - from Malibu to Long Beach.

KatW Jul 14, 2017 9:22 pm

1. the Beverly Hills Hotel
2. Peninsula Beverly Hills

obscure2k Jul 14, 2017 9:30 pm

Hotel Bel Air and Chateau Marmont come to mind. Not known as particularly kid friendly. Bel Air has mixed reviews on this forum post renovation. Shutters is nice but very kid friendly.

Vaterland Jul 14, 2017 9:41 pm

1. Bel Air Hotel
2. Hotel Bel Air
3. The Bel Air

aa213bb Jul 14, 2017 10:01 pm

1) BHH
2) Hotel Bel Air
3) the new Waldorf Astoria property (caveat: have not yet stayed)

mike_la_jolla Jul 14, 2017 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by obscure2k (Post 28562300)
Hotel Bel Air and Chateau Marmont come to mind. Not known as particularly kid friendly. Bel Air has mixed reviews on this forum post renovation. Shutters is nice but very kid friendly.

Chuckle, chuckle. Have you actually STAYED in a room at the Chateau Marmont?

obscure2k Jul 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla (Post 28562385)
Chuckle, chuckle. Have you actually STAYED in a room at the Chateau Marmont?

Never:)
I have lived here all of my life. I know that it is definitely NOT kid-friendly. Location is convenient. Peninsula or Bel Air is more my style. Thanks for asking.

mike_la_jolla Jul 14, 2017 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by obscure2k (Post 28562411)
Never:)
I have lived here all of my life. I know that it is definitely NOT kid-friendly. Location is convenient. Peninsula or Bel Air is more my style. Thanks for asking.

Sorry to hear that. I found the rooms to be a something like a third world prison from the fifties. The restaurant is terrific.

drpopper Jul 15, 2017 12:28 am

Originally Posted by jakemalloy (Post 28562201)

1) Bel Air ....

Distantly following .....
2) Four Seasons
3) Peninsula

Pierre&Cédric Jul 15, 2017 3:06 am

Hotel Bel Air (if unlimited budget the presidential suite with private pool is unique)

Pausanias Jul 15, 2017 5:14 am

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla (Post 28562433)
Sorry to hear that. I found the rooms to be a something like a third world prison from the fifties. The restaurant is terrific.

Did you ever actually STAY in a third world prison in the 1950s? ;)

Cityflyer10 Jul 15, 2017 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric (Post 28562848)
Hotel Bel Air (if unlimited budget the presidential suite with private pool is unique)

I would say some of the speciality suites at HBA would be my choice.

also, look at specialty suites at Beverly Hills Hotel.

Both hotels have their fans and their critics as they do have distinct styles...

Also of interest might be some of the penthouse suites and the villa suites at the new Waldorf Astoria. I don't think we have any data points from FTers yet but the property is stunning