Ani Villas Anguilla_An Overpriced Disaster

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ani Villas Anguilla_An Overpriced Disaster

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DSI
I believe that Mr. Tim Reynolds, founder of Jane Street Capital is the owner, but I am not sure he is the whole owner. He was actually made aware of the problems and authorized the 1.7 nights worth of room refunds. I am surprised that he didn't want to really recover from the service being delivered too much, so hospitality may not be his cup of tea.

I suspect that running a hedge fund vs. a resort or villa is entirely different, as there's no such thing as service recovery at a hedge fun.

Actually I wonder if the group has run on hard times. The place needs a refurb; macmyday mentioned that Phuket didn't have a person in weeks before he went, and the Sri Lanka project is new with DR under construction.

Another FT'er has this review of the FS Anguilla. We had drinks there one night, and it is certainly operating at a much higher level of luxury and I hardly doubt there'd be the absurdity of a GM hiding behind the bushes tricking you that he's merely a porter. http://sitinfirst.com/2017/03/four-s...y-recommended/

Anguilla is a beautiful island no doubt, so the Four Seasons may be the best option.
If you look at their booking availability calendar (IIRC it's linked from the TripAdvisor reviews), you see very few dates blocked off, maybe only a half dozen bookings to end of schedule.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:31 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom
Original Poster

I'm starting to think that maybe they are stonewalling me. After writing about my concerns once again as well as asking for a more appropriate service recovery I did not hear anything back?

What should I make of a place that didn't deliver and now doesn't even want to deal with me?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I would expect better from a Holiday Inn Express much less a place like this.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DSI
I'm starting to think that maybe they are stonewalling me. After writing about my concerns once again as well as asking for a more appropriate service recovery I did not hear anything back?

What should I make of a place that didn't deliver and now doesn't even want to deal with me?
Put them on your sh*tlist and never go back. I've had to do that with a number of properties over the years.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:09 am
Original Member

An excellent alternative on Anguilla is Cap Juluca which offers several villas with private pools in a gorgeous setting with the entire panoply of S ervices and amenities including the one of the best beaches in the Carib Isles with flour-soft sand. But go before New Years when the Belmont property begins renovation and additions.

I am becoming more and more impressed with Belmond.

Last edited by KatW; Jul 16, 2017 at 10:16 am
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by KatW
An excellent alternative on Anguilla is Cap Juluca which offers several villas with private pools in a gorgeous setting with the entire panoply is Services and amenities including the one if the best beaches in the Carib Isles with flour-soft sand. But go before New Years when the Belmont property begins renovation and additions.

I am becoming more and more impressed with Belmond.
Be sure to sign up for Belmond's frequent guest program, although unfortunately they only count stays booked through Belmond. Still, after your first stay, you are eligible for some nice perks that resemble FHR or Virtuoso, with some properties even offering stuff for the first Belmond booked stay.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:09 am

Sounds horrid. I think worst of all, your friends probably relied on you to pick out a great place.

Had you looked at Trip Advisor prior to see photos from real people and not the professional photographers? I feel the pros always have the tricks to make a tiny pool look huge...
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:11 am
DSI
Original Poster

Originally Posted by farbster
Sounds horrid. I think worst of all, your friends probably relied on you to pick out a great place.

Had you looked at Trip Advisor prior to see photos from real people and not the professional photographers? I feel the pros always have the tricks to make a tiny pool look huge...
You make a good point! If the reviews don't have personal pictures then they are much more suspect.

I still did not hear anything back from them. Would it make sense to reach out to the owner directly? Does anyone know how to do that?

First they don't deliver what they advertise, then they provide bad (and threatening) service and now they just ignore me.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DSI
You make a good point! If the reviews don't have personal pictures then they are much more suspect.

I still did not hear anything back from them. Would it make sense to reach out to the owner directly? Does anyone know how to do that?

First they don't deliver what they advertise, then they provide bad (and threatening) service and now they just ignore me.
If the owner has social media or you can piece together name + company email?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:01 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Aventine
If the owner has social media or you can piece together name + company email?
There are also services such as hunter.io which you can try.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL PM
Wow, DSI, that is one horrific trip. The tagline I've always read in all their marketing materials is further salt in the wound, "It's All Yours"... seems like that should come with an asterisk and a LOT of fine print. We've been coming to Anguilla 2-3x a year for awhile, and Ani is always the mystical villa atop the bluff that was on our list for a special occasion trip some day, but not any more. (Thanks to your experience and their lack of any recovery.) It has always been my understanding that everything is included - including things like beach set ups off-site, special meals, sports, anything really. So the fact that they have altered their policy to now nickel and dime guests for services really makes it lose the reputation it had in my mind. Not to mention all the false advertising they have out there that stands in stark contrast to their new way of operation and how your family was treated.

Their handling of your experience is all we need to know to permanently cross it off our list. I'm just sorry you had to go through it... now you deserve a vacation from your vacation.

Last edited by umbrella007; Jul 26, 2017 at 8:39 pm
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
I'm surprised this thread doesn't have more prominence when conducting a Google search.

Perhaps it's because the name of the property isn't used enough in various posts: Ani Villas Anguilla.

I personally would never stay at Ani Villas Anguilla because they didn't treat the OP well.

Who else is never going to stay at Ani Villas Anguilla?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dgreen12
I'm surprised this thread doesn't have more prominence when conducting a Google search.

Perhaps it's because the name of the property isn't used enough in various posts: Ani Villas Anguilla.

I personally would never stay at Ani Villas Anguilla because they didn't treat the OP well.

Who else is never going to stay at Ani Villas Anguilla?
Count me in against staying or patronizing Ani Villas Anguilla. From the GM with his stupid mindgames and their constant stonewalling of the OP has put me off this terrible property. For shame Ani Villas Anguilla.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:56 am
DSI
Original Poster

I have updated the review to highlight the continued development of the saga. I invite all of your feedback. Needless to say I remain disappointed.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DSI
I have updated the review to highlight the continued development of the saga. I invite all of your feedback. Needless to say I remain disappointed.
I then received a response which still didn't really address my response and to my spouse and I, seems like a manipulative attempt to play us off the the other by citing her message in the book. However, the context of the note was thus. My wife was handed the book and felt pressured to write something, and because our friends wife was watching her write and we were already mortified and embarrassed we kept it positive for her sake. Not anis. We didn't want them to further feel that their time and money were further wasted. The same reason I didn't complain the entire time; if it were us, we would have left and stayed elsewhere midweek but alas, traveling with friends requires extra diplomacy.
That's really, really low class considering Ani Villas Anguilla know the truth of what happened and the behavior of their staff, etc. I think you can probably see you're dealing with the lowest of the low when they dig up a forced guestbook signing to try paint you in a negative light. I'm so sorry that this horrible company ruined your couples trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.