Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury spa news, chitchat and review thread

Luxury spa news, chitchat and review thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:23 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Washington DC (home); KSA (work)
Posts: 128
Originally Posted by Dorsia
We are staying at Cliveden next weekend, very excited to try the new spa.
I'm sure many of us would be grateful if you would share with us your impressions of the hotel and spa.
Vaterland is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:06 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Programs: LHW membership
Posts: 24
Cliveden House

Originally Posted by Vaterland
I'm sure many of us would be grateful if you would share with us your impressions of the hotel and spa.

I will indeed report on our experience. Already booked for the signature facial treatment. Interestingly, there is a surcharge of 20 on all treatments booked from Friday, over the weekend or bank holidays. This is new to me...
Dorsia is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:21 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,615
Originally Posted by Dorsia

I will indeed report on our experience. Already booked for the signature facial treatment. Interestingly, there is a surcharge of 20 on all treatments booked from Friday, over the weekend or bank holidays. This is new to me...
Some hotels internationally do this, especially city hotels with a lot of outside guests coming for treatments or using the facilities on the weekends.

MO Vegas is such an example. They add a surcharge over the weekend, as they are much more busy -- not only hotel guests.

I do not like this and several spa managers removed the extra for me without asking.
scented is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:56 am
  #34  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10,153
Originally Posted by scented
Some hotels internationally do this, especially city hotels with a lot of outside guests coming for treatments or using the facilities on the weekends.

MO Vegas is such an example. They add a surcharge over the weekend, as they are much more busy -- not only hotel guests.

I do not like this and several spa managers removed the extra for me without asking.
Shangri-la Tokyo does this as well. My solution is to go on a weekday when possible.
Aventine is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:39 am
  #35  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10,153
https://www.leon.jp/articles/5873

Some spa porn (it's in Japanese, unfortunately). Margy's from Monte Carlo on offer from the Pen Tokyo and a review of the Subtle Energies Sleep Energy therapy program at MO Tokyo.
Aventine is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:04 am
  #36  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IAD/DCA
Posts: 31,797
common for spas to be more on weekends. i think it is more that they are discounting during the week. probably a long time brand standard at MO, as i think DC started that way when they opened. cant recall re when NY opened. (some websites might be cached.) some always like discounts, some never want variation. kind of like fixed annual rates or seasons. values vary depending.

with hotels, sometimes they are more on weekends, sometimes they are less. just varies. if dynamic rates, not even consistent.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 19, 2017 at 4:14 pm
Kagehitokiri is offline  
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:39 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Programs: Virtuoso, Dorchester DC, FSPP, STARS, FAN, Knights, Bellini Club, PenClub, Relais & Chateaux PP, etc
Posts: 32
Ohhh I just found this thread, great idea! I just went last week to Chable Resort and Spa which is a Wellness Retreat & Luxury Hotel in the Yucatan jungle. It is the new "best rated spa" in the world and won Unesco's Prix Versailles for best architecture & design as well. The resort and spa is literally in the middle of the Yucatan jungle and the 32,000 sq/ft spa is built around a Cenote so very cool!

I'll be writing up a full Resort review and posting in the coming days but here's the Spa specific details:

Facilities: Being a guest of the resort with Virtuoso benefits you have unlimited use of the facilities and the hydrotherapy circuit includes sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, cold, hot, and warm pools, salt cabin, floatation room and outdoor infinity pool. There are separate circuits for men & women, identical facilities. Change rooms, lockers, etc as in most high-end spas.

As Chable is a Wellness Retreat the spa menu is literally a 41 page book of highly personalized experiences so to help with guidance you begin with a free consultation with their spa director, Carmelina, to go over the menu and explain the differences between modalities of treatment and help determine what is best for you. Ie: are you just looking to feel relaxed, suffering from muscle pain, circulation, etc. The options span from your salon options to extensive 3 hour journeys.

Pre-treatment: Without giving away too many secrets of the resort and experience your treatment begins with an authentic Mayan Ceremony as your initiation into the healing culture of Chable.



Pictured is the double room. Each treatment room is separate and spread throughout the Cenote. There are 12 single rooms, a double room, a suite with a private pool, and a suite at the royal villa.

Post Treatment: is tea served on your balcony with dates and local Mayan honey.



Also pictured is the infinity pool at the Spa



There is a restaurant at the Spa, Gym, and also across from the Treatment rooms (you can see in the background of the following image) is the outdoor wooden deck used for Yoga & Meditation



Quality of Treatment: To be fair I did have the head masseuse for my 90 minute treatment but can confidently state that the treatment was second to none. Under his leadership, I am confident all of the staff will be equally as good. We were thoroughly impressed with the facilities and came daily during our 5-day stay. The service, treatments and experiences offered are at the top of the Wellness industry and I expect more accolades to come. This is our top pick Wellness Retreat for the year.

Last edited by jasondetar; Jul 20, 2017 at 2:18 pm Reason: completed review
jasondetar is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:38 pm
  #38  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Posts: 1,471
Has anyone heard from this health/spa oriented hotel/marketing organization?

Please see including:

Healing Hotels of the World

In our own quest for a holistic and healing lifestyle, we have brought together the most exclusive, authentic and whole person orientated resorts and hotels from all over the world.
https://healinghotelsoftheworld.com/
https://healinghotelsoftheworld.com/hotels/

While some of their member hotels are well known, how about the affiliation itself, any info/experiences?

It seems that the "Healing Hotels of the World" have their HQ in Cologne, Germany.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
uggboy is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:29 pm
  #39  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10,153
jasondetar, it's a long way from where I'm at but the place looks first class. Thanks for the write up!
Aventine is offline  
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:05 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Island, NZ
Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Posts: 559
Has anyone tried the "journey of the marble mountains" at the Harnn spa at the Intercontinental Danang? Going here in December and keen to try it. Also the pedicure so keen to hear from anyone who has been.
Susiew237 is offline  
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:59 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Programs: LHW membership
Posts: 24
Cliveden House

I was booked for the Signature Oskia glow facial treatment. It was rather confusing after my first therapist started to show me what oils she was going to use for my full body massage. In a polite manner I suggested to check with her colleague at the reception as I was booked for another treatment. There was no consultation and she had not read any of the notes from my pre-treatment questionnaire. 5 min later I was shown to another room and neatly laid on a warm waterbed which was very nice and pleasant.

The Oskia product felt very good on my skin, I only wish my therapist would run me through the treatment and tell me what exactly she was going to put on my face. I had absolutely no idea, she could have spread butter on my face and I would not know. The entire experience was very relaxing apart from the occasional banging outside, the door had absolutely no sound proof so I could hear every single person that would pass by the door, and there were many. The music would stop playing at least three times during the treatment which did not seem very professional either. I generally enjoyed the treatment, my skin felt very good afterwards. The therapist did have the skill but not the passion. Having experienced many facial treatments before at very similar properties I would give them 6 out of 10. Fair enough, the facilities are new and they still have loads to learn.

What I was generally appalled with was the smell of chlorine that I can not get rid of even after multiple showers. Having said that, Asprey toiletries were a huge let down too. I was expecting something more natural and original for the prices they charge.
Dorsia is offline  
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:34 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Here there and everywhere
Posts: 6,303
Sadly, UK Spa therapists tend, on the whole, to be more in touch with 'beauty treatments' than serious in-depth mind/body/spirit experiences, so like you, I find that most UK treatments more resemble a trip to the hairdressers. Your treatment, Dorsia, sounds frightful, and the chlorine smell would have me running out the door. I think 6 out of 10 is overly generous!
vuittonsofstyle is offline  
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:53 am
  #43  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10,153
Interesting fact. Seems the top therapists (team lead, etc) in Tokyo all seem to take Mondays off or it was just my bad luck trying to book one of MO, SL or AO spa therapists after work yesterday.
Aventine is offline  
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:55 am
  #44  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10,153
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Sadly, UK Spa therapists tend, on the whole, to be more in touch with 'beauty treatments' than serious in-depth mind/body/spirit experiences, so like you, I find that most UK treatments more resemble a trip to the hairdressers. Your treatment, Dorsia, sounds frightful, and the chlorine smell would have me running out the door. I think 6 out of 10 is overly generous!
I find the same for my treatments in Toronto. Some are at lovely locales like the RC, SL Toronto but still lacking a relaxing touch?

Originally Posted by Dorsia
I was booked for the Signature Oskia glow facial treatment. It was rather confusing after my first therapist started to show me what oils she was going to use for my full body massage. In a polite manner I suggested to check with her colleague at the reception as I was booked for another treatment. There was no consultation and she had not read any of the notes from my pre-treatment questionnaire. 5 min later I was shown to another room and neatly laid on a warm waterbed which was very nice and pleasant.

The Oskia product felt very good on my skin, I only wish my therapist would run me through the treatment and tell me what exactly she was going to put on my face. I had absolutely no idea, she could have spread butter on my face and I would not know. The entire experience was very relaxing apart from the occasional banging outside, the door had absolutely no sound proof so I could hear every single person that would pass by the door, and there were many. The music would stop playing at least three times during the treatment which did not seem very professional either. I generally enjoyed the treatment, my skin felt very good afterwards. The therapist did have the skill but not the passion. Having experienced many facial treatments before at very similar properties I would give them 6 out of 10. Fair enough, the facilities are new and they still have loads to learn.

What I was generally appalled with was the smell of chlorine that I can not get rid of even after multiple showers. Having said that, Asprey toiletries were a huge let down too. I was expecting something more natural and original for the prices they charge.
Sounds like a 1* ordeal. Just terrible. Where did the chlorine come from?
Aventine is offline  
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:18 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Programs: LHW membership
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by Aventine
I find the same for my treatments in Toronto. Some are at lovely locales like the RC, SL Toronto but still lacking a relaxing touch?



Sounds like a 1* ordeal. Just terrible. Where did the chlorine come from?
The chlorine came from the jacuzzi and hot tub. We managed to spend 10min in there after our arrival and I can still smell it 2days later. They closed it 'due to PH level' for the remainder of our stay.
No further explanation was given. If my skin starts peeling off I know why.
Dorsia is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.